So my wife ... | Syracusefan.com

So my wife ...

Orijinal

All Conference
had a lunch date scheduled for me and her last Saturday at a friend's house. Plans fell through and my wife says to me, "Hey, can we do lunch with them next Saturday, August 31st?" I said, "Yeah. Schedule it."

Come Sunday evening we got talking and I said I needed to be home on Saturday by 3:30 for game time. She said, "That's when I scheduled lunch."

WHAT??!! Who schedules lunch at 3:30!!?? She made plans at that time because she had other plans between noon and 3. That's dang selfish.

So I revolted: "That's the first game of the season! You know we don't schedule anything the first game of the season! It's Penn State!" She had no idea that was Syracuse's first game, let alone that 3:30 was exactly the time of kickoff. Didn't think I needed to make it clear since I was scheduled for lunch.

I had not one thing scheduled for any Saturday afternoon the last 51 weeks of the year and now the fates of the universe have collided to foil the one day of the year I look forward to outside of Christmas. This cannot be happening! It's a sick joke, and I'm the punchline.

Needless to say, I'm missing the game. I'll DVR it ...I guess.

had a lunch date scheduled for me and her last Saturday at a friend's house. Plans fell through and my wife says to me, "Hey, can we do lunch with them next Saturday, August 31st?" I said, "Yeah. Schedule it."

Come Sunday evening we got talking and I said I needed to be home on Saturday by 3:30 for game time. She said, "That's when I scheduled lunch."

WHAT??!! Who schedules lunch at 3:30!!?? She made plans at that time because she had other plans between noon and 3. That's dang selfish.

So I revolted: "That's the first game of the season! You know we don't schedule anything the first game of the season! It's Penn State!" She had no idea that was Syracuse's first game, let alone that 3:30 was exactly the time of kickoff. Didn't think I needed to make it clear since I was scheduled for lunch.

I had not one thing scheduled for any Saturday afternoon the last 51 weeks of the year and now the fates of the universe have collided to foil the one day of the year I look forward to outside of Christmas. This cannot be happening! It's a sick joke, and I'm the punchline.

http://divorce.usattorneys.com/

If you are going to a restaurant just tell everyone that you've already eaten and are not hungry, find the bar and ask them to put on the game. They can then join you when they're done and you can tell them you are now staying to watch the game and ordering dinner since it's so late.

Does your friends house have a TV? I would have no problem requesting that the game be turned on and hanging out on the couch... As long as the wife or her friend will keep bringing me cold beers.

If you are going to a restaurant just tell everyone that you've already eaten and are not hungry, find the bar and ask them to put on the game. They can then join you when they're done and you can tell them you are now staying to watch the game and ordering dinner since it's so late.

If only that were the case :) At the friend's house, and no way is my wife going to let me connive my way into getting the TV turned on. But thanks for the suggestion.

Dude, if your cable provider has an iPhone app (and assuming you have a smart phone), then you can watch the game on your phone. I would just put it in your lap and pretend to keep messing with your napkin. If you have a bluetooth headset, just pretend you are waiting for an important call for work to listen to the game.

What he said. Asking forgiveness is always easier than asking for permission.

If I couldn't watch the game I wouldn't go.

My wife would forgive me.

one year anniversary. 20 Jan, 2011. I planned us a nice weekend at the Chena Hot Springs resort. It was the same day as the ND game, we were 20-0, but thats cool, the Hot Springs has a bar, and we could have a few drinks and watch the game... Well, the bar doesnt have a TV. I was furious, but since it was the whole anniversary thing I sucked it up and we ordered dinner. As the waiter handed us our food he wispered "they just got the game on in the lodge for you"

Wife just looked at me and said "Go". threw my in a to go box, and I was outta there. Caught the last 5 minutes. We lost. Wife was over it by time I got back, and we went on with the rest of our night.

Dude... this can't happen. If it was a wedding, or a baptism, or some major family event, I get it, you have to be there (with a phone on your lap playing the ESPN app). But just a random lunch? You have to stand your ground and get out of it. I'm getting anxiety even thinking about your situation.

What kind of cars do you have? I'm sure one of them is prone to some sort of issue and Saturday is the only chance you'll have to work on it and finish at 3:25 and be far to tired and dirty to make lunch. Aside from that, disconnect the battery. "What, the car won't start? It's not even trying to turn over?! I guess we can't make lunch"

I can't believe you people are indicating ways to weasel out of this. Unless the OP was the reason why prior plans needed to be rescheduled because he was hung over And was found to be cheating the night before, this shindig needs to be rescheduled without a single additional thought required.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom