So Psyched for the LSU Game!!! | Syracusefan.com

So Psyched for the LSU Game!!!

Shenexon

All American
I've been reading lots of comments about how we're going to get crushed and hoping to get past this weekend and on to the bye week. I gotta say, that's not my take at all. We may get crushed on the football field, but if we do it's because we've witnessed a great football team, something that we aspire to be again. We may see a great performance by Fournette, but SU fans generally appreciate greatness (with a few notable exceptions). The field that Fournette will play on has seen many great runners and great teams. You can post your own favorites. The walls, roof, and seats are different but we've been playing on the same field since 1907 and on the quad before that. The football karma there is strong.

SU has been at its best when competing with the best. Why wish that opportunity away? College football games are significant events and can be memorable to a generation of fans. I want this weekend to be memorable for giving LSU a good game and to compete beyond our physical dimension, though I'm looking forward to the tailgate almost as much. We finished 6-5 in 1984 though we beat #1 Nebraska, yet that win has inspired many of us for a lifetime. LSU fans I think want to win for sure but want to enjoy the experience above all. LSU won't get much better by simply kicking our butts. Let's help them as a team by making it competitive both on the field and with hordes of SU fans in the seats. Let's celebrate the event and hope our children remember the day for 50 years. LGO!!

I've been reading lots of comments about how we're going to get crushed and hoping to get past this weekend and on to the bye week. I gotta say, that's not my take at all. We may get crushed on the football field, but if we do it's because we've witnessed a great football team, something that we aspire to be again. We may see a great performance by Fournette, but SU fans generally appreciate greatness (with a few notable exceptions). The field that Fournette will play on has seen many great runners and great teams. You can post your own favorites. The walls, roof, and seats are different but we've been playing on the same field since 1907 and on the quad before that. The football karma there is strong.

SU has been at its best when competing with the best. Why wish that opportunity away? College football games are significant events and can be memorable to a generation of fans. I want this weekend to be memorable for giving LSU a good game and to compete beyond our physical dimension, though I'm looking forward to the tailgate almost as much. We finished 6-5 in 1984 though we beat #1 Nebraska, yet that win has inspired many of us for a lifetime. LSU fans I think want to win for sure but want to enjoy the experience above all. LSU won't get much better by simply kicking our butts. Let's help them as a team by making it competitive both on the field and with hordes of SU fans in the seats. Let's celebrate the event and hope our children remember the day for 50 years. LGO!!
don thanks for the pep talk bud, your mouth to Gods ears!

don thanks for the pep talk bud, your mouth to Gods ears!
So glad to have found this board and your breakfast sandwiches. The variation in perspective makes for fascinating discussions. When I was raising my kids, I went for 20 years without seeing many games and most of those were in the mid-atlantic. Every game is special for a lot of us that have struggled to maintain a connection, yet many folks that have been program stalwarts have an entirely different view and set of frustrations. At least the tailgate will be glorious!!

Don, thanks, great post. I am also psyched, even more so after seeing the other post that Dungey has been cleared to practice. I know our chances are slim, but this is why the games get played. There is always a chance.

I am psyched for many reasons. LSU is a great team, the kind that has always played in the Dome. Though an Orange fan, I picked up teams wherever I lived to follow locally (before ESPN began broadcasting every game). I was stationed in Louisiana so I followed LSU (LATech was too painful to watch back then). Many on here know I am not a fan of the SEC practices but I still like LSU.

As for Orange reasons: I like this team. Scrappy, gritty, too young to know they can't win, yet old enough to keep at it and get back up when they are knocked down. Our defense is designed for LSU's strength, though I expect Fournette to net a fair amount of yardage, I think we may be the stiffest run defense (at least our first team) LSU faces. Our blitzing schemes will drive an unsuspecting team nuts (this is where Fournette may really shine-if we run pass him and he is unscathed the first five yards). Offensively, Dungey to every receiver - Dungey is a good QB,our running backs are very solid and the triple option will make trouble for anyone. Who knows, maybe we release AJ Long on LSU just to mess with their heads, the kid is as scrappy as can be.

On paper we will lose, LSU is too deep with excellent speed. I think the Orange can keep it close and if LSU screws up on their part (looking ahead, taking Syracuse lightly) our kids can pull this one off.

Regardless, LSU is noted for good fans and is bringing 7,500, so the tailgate scene should be fun (though I can only enjoy it vicariously through this board, being in Houston) and the game experience should be good.

Is it Saturday yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom