so this uconn team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

so this uconn team

They will not be able to stop oshae or battle. They are not physical. Decent guards that can get going but that's about it. I expect it to be a decent game because its cuse/uconn and they will be amped for this one. This is the type of game that oshae needs to dominate. I also think buddy will hit some shots (because why not? Hes playing in msg and its uconn) and Carey will want to play good being from the city. I think they struggle with our size and athleticism.

I'd feel a lot more at ease if Frank was playing. Need his veteran and team leader demeanor out there vs. the inevitable press that is coming.

Highlights from yesterdays game. They hit some shots and put up some points but their opponent is terrible. I really was not that impressed with them. They do not have the athletes we have and they look small. They arent as fast as msu guards either. Again they will be amped up for this game and Hurley wants to make a statement but if we even remotely start hitting some of our shots then it's over for them.

They will not be able to stop oshae or battle. They are not physical. Decent guards that can get going but that's about it. I expect it to be a decent game because its cuse/uconn and they will be amped for this one. This is the type of game that oshae needs to dominate. I also think buddy will hit some shots (because why not? Hes playing in msg and its uconn) and Carey will want to play good being from the city. I think they struggle with our size and athleticism.

Brissett should have a big day. Hughes should be able to thrive. You just never know about Tyus. Sometimes he plays out of control and is prone to getting stripped. Adams and Vital aren’t shrimps and they have some muscle to them. Not beanpoles. Their guards absolutely play physically...this year at least. I watched the Morehead-UConn game.

Agreed I’m just saying they aren’t bums. Polley made two threes against UMKC. You forgot about Vital. He’s a pretty good guard too. Tarin Smith led them in scoring yesterday. Another guard.
They aren't bums, but they aren't the type of roster that should give us trouble.

I didn't forget about Vital - I've never really liked his game. Dude is a chucker. Adams and Gilbert are special. Tarin Smith is solid. Brendan Adams is a good young guard. But to me Vital isn't really one to worry about.

Hughes will have a huge game

I agree 100% with the post above that suggested that they'll try to press to speed us up. That can work when a team coughs the ball up indiscriminately, but it can also backfire if a team takes advantage of numbers and pushes the ball upcourt.

Hughes, Battle, and Brissett could have a field day in transition if this turns into a track meet. I believe that Hughes could really hurt them by being able to push the ball in transition and finish [an element we lacked last season].

They aren't bums, but they aren't the type of roster that should give us trouble.

I didn't forget about Vital - I've never really liked his game. Dude is a chucker. Adams and Gilbert are special. Tarin Smith is solid. Brendan Adams is a good young guard. But to me Vital isn't really one to worry about.

No question he is a gunner. But, he’s capable. Unlike you, the coaches I bet will have a checkmark next to his name to pay attention to. He DID have 17/5/4 last year against us, lol.

be wonderful if we broke out of the teens from beyond the arc.

It will be a close game.
That's probably right.
If UConn's very quick guards control the game...get in the lane and draw bad fouls the Orange will be in trouble.
SU must play strong defense, take care of the ball and take it to the hoop.
(Of course, this can be said for pretty much every other game. But if I work in enough platitudes perhaps there's an opening for an ACC Network analyst).

The fluke timing of having all three point guards on the roster have injuries / impairment has been a massive detriment. It set back Carey's early development, and it has led to an offense that is susceptible to aggressive defensive pressure.

Carey needs to play better than he did against Morehead State's ball hawking lead guard [Hicks?]. Hopefully it was a learning experience for him. Ideally, Frank gets back this week, can contribute some, and doesn't take long to shake off the ring rust.

Frankie isn’t exactly money mayweather against pressure

This is their Super Bowl. I'd love a blowout, but our guys were in middle school when UConn mattered. Hard to get up for the mid majors regardless of their history.

Oh my... I can almost hear the moaning, groaning and gnashing of teeth. I pray we dispense of the Husky scourge.

A team with no guards versus a team with only guards.

Sorry for the NY Post headline version, but that’s what we’re saying, isn’t it?

Fascinating to see that play out.

A team with no guards versus a team with only guards.

Sorry for the NY Post headline version, but that’s what we’re saying, isn’t it?

Fascinating to see that play out.
You could also say "a team with no forwards versus a team with only forwards".

The only problem with your statement is we probably have the best guard on the floor. And the best forward.

You could also say "a team with no forwards versus a team with only forwards".

The only problem with your statement is we probably have the best guard on the floor. And the best forward.

You’re right. Probably a better way to say that.

A team with no short, ball-handling guards versus a team with only short, ball-handling guards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom