So, who are we going to close with? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

So, who are we going to close with?

Yeah this is a great start. After watching the press conference, he is definitely expecting a few more lower end guys to leave the program.

These 6 would huge additions because it brings in a few hog maulies, and some high end talent in the defensive backfield with speed.

A few other guys I’d love to see us pursue…

1) Omar White - Committed to Colorado - primary recruiter was Nick and Elijah (@TAM)

2) Luke Newman - Transfer from Holy Cross

3) Aliou Bah - Transfer from Georgia

4) Will Norman - I know I know I know he ain’t coming but maybe cooler heads prevail and can make this mutually agreeable…or not and understand

5) Chantz Williams - Transfer from Miami

Boys we are buzzin. Can’t wait for tailgates next year. TexanMark making the jambalaya because he cares again. JrHeeter going to be giving us the freshest of fresh drafts of beer. Consigliere gonna be slinging merch. We’re back baby.
Stay tuned. HUGE announcement regarding SyraCRUZ Tailgate is coming soon! Absolute game changer!

Whomever it is I expect an announcement tomorrow. The way our commits have been quite nicely spaced out has kept us in the news seemingly everyday for the past 2 weeks. I have to imagine that’s part of the plan. Let everyone have some time in the spotlight and keep the buzz train rolling. Today is about the HS class signing their NLI. Tomorrow is about the next drop of news / transfer(s) coming to town
I’d say Friday after the bowl game. Keep Syracuse in the news cycle.

2024.JPG

Yeah this is a great start. After watching the press conference, he is definitely expecting a few more lower end guys to leave the program.
Not going to name names, but looking at our potential roster for next year, I wouldn’t be surprised to see another 8-10 guys enter the portal/ take their degrees and move on.

I expect HCFB to do a more detailed inventory of the roster and have a few more tough conversations after the bowl game.

These 6 would huge additions because it brings in a few hog maulies, and some high end talent in the defensive backfield with speed.

A few other guys I’d love to see us pursue…

1) Omar White - Committed to Colorado - primary recruiter was Nick and Elijah (@TAM)

2) Luke Newman - Transfer from Holy Cross

3) Aliou Bah - Transfer from Georgia

4) Will Norman - I know I know I know he ain’t coming but maybe cooler heads prevail and can make this mutually agreeable…or not and understand

5) Chantz Williams - Transfer from Miami
No Omar White. Super talented went to my local High School. The kid is a thug he got kicked of our Local HS team, Transferred to Valdosta Georgia. He then shot three people including his own teammate and fellow Colorado commit Eric Brantly.

In regards to next moves, given we had 18 signings plus 6 transfers, is the staff waiting to confirm who might portal or grad transfer post bowl game? OG is staying but it sounds like possibly Barron and Wax could leave? My guess only but I would think we see a few WRs leave given transfers and commits coming in. I could also see a couple DEs transfer possibly.

I could also see Branham and Hawkins moving on among the RBs, maybe Long & Gill among the WRs, Roon and Bailey maybe moving on at LB, and Farmer and Buxton among the DBs. Basically, what I'm looking at is guys who are roughly Juniors or Redshirt Juniors who haven't really cracked the 2 deep yet. Those would be the guys who might move on.

I could also see Branham and Hawkins moving on among the RBs, maybe Long & Gill among the WRs, Roon and Bailey maybe moving on at LB, and Farmer and Buxton among the DBs. Basically, what I'm looking at is guys who are roughly Juniors or Redshirt Juniors who haven't really cracked the 2 deep yet. Those would be the guys who might move on.
There’s room to pine probably 10 guys from the roster at least if we’re all being honest with ourselves. Starting with the late JUCO adds from last year.

I completely believe Fran will load up on as much talent as possible to upgrade the roster.

No Omar White. Super talented went to my local High School. The kid is a thug he got kicked of our Local HS team, Transferred to Valdosta Georgia. He then shot three people including his own teammate and fellow Colorado commit Eric Brantly.
But can he rush the passer?

In regards to next moves, given we had 18 signings plus 6 transfers, is the staff waiting to confirm who might portal or grad transfer post bowl game? OG is staying but it sounds like possibly Barron and Wax could leave? My guess only but I would think we see a few WRs leave given transfers and commits coming in. I could also see a couple DEs transfer possibly.
i would hate to see Wax leave. I love his story at Cuse and he seems like a great kid from what I have seen.

What are you getting at?