So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

already a bunch of players declared in the portal via twitter

plenty of talent to be found

i hope this time around red and co dont only stick with recruits with a prior relationship but target players based on skills and fit

Reading as this thread continues I’m a little uncomfortable with the shots at Quadir’s character. I have expressed my concerns regarding his game. But I don’t think it is fair to question his behavior as much as it is the other three guys. He has been emotional on the court, but most of that has been directed at the other team and trash talking. I can only recall one time when he really seemed to be getting into it with Red. I can’t say this about Benny, Judah and Chris. Q also seemed invested in pumping up his teammates and definitely cheering them on when he was on the bench.

i’ve actually heard good things about him as a person. Finally, let’s not get carried away with how much he went to class especially when we don’t know it for a fact. If we were going to throw everyone out of the program that didn’t go to every class we would’ve lost a lot of great players. Hell, North Carolina wouldn’t have a program.
Don't be uncomfortable about that. He has richly deserved it. People are not making it up.

You seem to be taking this a bit personal. He’s not going to be on the team next year. He had the highest turnover rate on the team and he couldn’t shoot. We need better efficiency at that position.
You are just consistently one of the worst posters on the board, imo. I don't think it's taking it personally to recognize this

i hope this time around red and co dont only stick with recruits with a prior relationship but target players based on skills and fit

Were you here then? When we got JJ, Westry, Cuffe and McLeod people were giddy. And the only one we recruited hard before was Westry.

That's the state of Syracuse radio these days, yeah?

I mean... that was a rough listen.
The Office Yes GIF

Please god no bigs that have not been blooded in the P5

Everybody would like to see less turnovers but Copeland makes passes that other players simply cannot
He also invents new ways to turn the ball over that others cannot.

I’ve heard he’s nowhere near the level of the worst of the bunch and is a good kid, if a bit immature. But not disrespectful or obstinate.
For all these “good kids” we get, they don’t always seem to be good. The label is dumb in general, just play basketball and don’t be stupid off the court and it’s easy

Making 1 or 2 flashy plays a game doesn’t equate to being a “play maker.” The amount of easy plays he missed in favor of trying to make a sports center highlight were innumerable.

He made more slip passes to Maliq than any other guard in fewer minutes. He threw more successful lob feeds than any other guard. He had the ability to get to the rim at will against smaller defenders. When locked in, he played good on-ball defense. This kid could be 2nd team All ACC next year, and I could see him and JJ starting together, with Choppa and Cuffe off the bench, and sure, Westry if he's healthy. That could be pretty good.

He also invents new ways to turn the ball over that others cannot.

Yes, he makes some really terrible turnovers.
He needs to make the simple play more consistently.
But he's more talented than probably anybody we're going to get in the portal to replace him

He made more slip passes to Maliq than any other guard in fewer minutes. He threw more successful lob feeds than any other guard. He had the ability to get to the rim at will against smaller defenders. When locked in, he played good on-ball defense. This kid could be 2nd team All ACC next year, and I could see him and JJ starting together, with Choppa and Cuffe off the bench, and sure, Westry if he's healthy. That could be pretty good.
More than anyone on this team isn’t impressive, it’s the plays he didn’t make and the plays he threw away that are a problem.

Someone was saying to me the other day that Judah is G’Town bound for some $$$. Just saying

That's fine. He's our biggest chemistry problem.
I think if you take him away, Copeland will understand that there's opportunity here.

More than anyone on this team isn’t impressive, it’s the plays he didn’t make and the plays he threw away that are a problem.

Think of it this way - if we had a couple really good scorers at forward or center, he wouldn't have to take turns forcing the action with Judah to try to get us a basket. If we had a more complete team, maybe he would make smarter decisions.

Think of it this way - if we had a couple really good scorers at forward or center, he wouldn't have to take turns forcing the action with Judah to try to get us a basket. If we had a more complete team, maybe he would make smarter decisions.
I wouldn’t make scholarship decisions on “if”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom