So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

Okay, let me rephrase: why didnt he apply consequences that worked. Good, he kicked Benny but if quadir was a big problem then he, at the very least, shouldn’t have seen the court for at least one game. Like great you didn’t let him start, that’s like taking away 1 controller from your kid as a punishment but leaving him the other 3.
And when we got drubbed because we suspended Q and Judah for a game you would have blasted Red on here for not having control of his players. We only have 7 players to play. It’s still wins and losses on Red’s record.

Well, if Q stopped going to classes weeks ago, there's only two words...

He gone.
IMG_0216.gif

This thread has been interesting. Looks like a collection of good info, predictions, rumors, and H0T Takes. The problem is that it's not always easy to tell which ones are what.

I also find it interesting that up until the nc state game and this thread, most comments have been about how Cope is a great leader and teammate. Now, the narrative is just the opposite. Just goes to show how little many of us know at times.

This thread has been interesting. Looks like a collection of good info, predictions, rumors, and H0T Takes. The problem is that it's not always easy to tell which ones are what.

I also find it interesting that up until the nc state game and this thread, most comments have been about how Cope is a great leader and teammate. Now, the narrative is just the opposite. Just goes to show how little many of us know at times.
Insiders shift this board on a dime.

As a teacher, I have a relatable question for you all... I'm not with all the rumors but straight what you see on the court every game and on the bench.. Nothing else.

If you translated our guys into a classroom environment with a new teacher or sub, which players do you see being an issue and not teachable for that new teacher/sub , and which ones are going to do whats expected and be teachable..

Now on the court which players do you think are with the program and coachable for our staff trying to build a winning culture?

Seems very easy for me to decipher which is which.. Ill be honest with Q on the court I see a kid with a good heart but hyper energy thats hard to control...lol

Surely we have a lab where we can extract Cuffe's maturity and team player mindset and infuse it in to Q?
We have the technology, just not the NIL to make it happen. /s

Someone said above and I’ll echo. We don’t want a team of choir boys either. Moten talks about it on that Kindve crappy podcast he does with those kids. He said we played games thinking our crap don’t stink and that we didn’t lay down hard fouls on defense to make teams think twice about attacking the rim.

We need an enforcer or two in the portal that will lay down a hard foul. Our guards took some nasty shots at the rim and all we did on the other end was smile and wave as we gave up easy buckets. Obviously we had no depth at the end but even before we played really soft at the rim.

If we’re losing some of the more emotional guys and leaving the quiet ones like Brown/JJ/McLeod/Cuffe we gotta bring some guys with at least a little fire.

Last edited:
My dad just called me. He's mainly an Iowa fan but cheers for Syracuse also and watches all of our games. He's never been on this board in his life, so he hasn't been influenced at all.

Dad - "Say I haven't had time to talk to you since the NC State game the other night. What do you think of Mintz? It seems like he's always looking for his own shot, isn't a great shooter and is constantly whining to the refs. Now granted, sometimes he's right, but after every play? Do you think they might be better off trying to replace him?"

Me "Funny you should say that Dad. I don't think you're alone with those thoughts."

So it's not just the board picking on Judah.

My dad just called me. He's mainly an Iowa fan but cheers for Syracuse also and watches all of our games. He's never been on this board in his life, so he hasn't been influenced at all.

Dad - "Say I haven't had time to talk to you since the NC State game the other night. What do you think of Mintz? It seems like he's always looking for his own shot, isn't a great shooter and is constantly whining to the refs. Now granted, sometimes he's right, but after every play? Do you think they might be better off trying to replace him?"

Me "Funny you should say that Dad. I don't think you're alone with those thoughts."

Yep, I've had casual fans in my life say similar things without prompting. The crying to refs doesn't usually go over great to the casuals.

Yep, I've had casual fans in my life say similar things without prompting. The crying to refs doesn't usually go over great to the casuals.
The casuals?.. People who understand basketball hate it.. Its busch league.. occasionally is one thing.. We have 2 players that complain every time their touched and at times they make it worse by not getting back because their complaining..

Your dad is not alone.

If he has all F's how does he just transfer and play?
Oh my young naive friend. I have a dozen friends that are lawyers right now that had all F’s from Syracuse’s Political Science classes

1) This board doesn't have anything to do with anything. 2) And I wouldn't expect any kind of coherence from an internet message board made up of hundreds to thousands of people.
I’m thinking closer to 20 to 25 people

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom