So Who Is The First Portaler? | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

So Who Is The First Portaler?

Let's just keep it real here. Q played 22 minutes a game this year.

If he plays 28 minutes a game next year, and simply matches this year's numbers, he will provide us with 12 points, 6 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 2 steals a game.

That's no improvement in his game; just give us what he gave us this year, warts and all, and he just plays another 6 minutes a game, time he spent on the bench watching Justin Taylor start every game.

That's not too far off of Brandon Triche's senior year; maybe a point less, a couple rebounds more, and an extra assist.

Don't throw away players - especially not 3 or 4 of them all at once - if you don't have replacements lined up.
Triche was a beloved glue guy on some of the best teams in our history. If you modeled out Copes turnovers the same way he probably leads the ACC or is very close.

hah nice. I had expected us to build the roster around Naheem "The Dream" McClown but now with his cryptic tweet yesterday it appears that we are in complete rebuild mode and we could be NJ Institute of Technology bad next year
In 2024, "rebuild" can just as easily mean we go to the tourney next year. It's wild, but portal's gonna portal for better or worse.

That's the state of Syracuse radio these days, yeah?

I mean... that was a rough listen.
I actually really enjoy Orange Nation as well as The 315 during drive time. So many markets are completely devoid of regular local sports talk so part of me would be happy it existed even if I did not like it.

Happily Syracuse appears to care enough to support a regular show versus having some canned national broadcast shoved down our throats. Yay….I would get to hear Jay Williams incessant whining more. Hooray.

I have been back in Syracuse since 2000 so I have heard many talented folks hit these airwaves and leave so I, for one, enjoy the programming as well as the pre and post game coverage.

SUOrange44

hah nice. I had expected us to build the roster around Naheem "The Dream" McClown but now with his cryptic tweet yesterday it appears that we are in complete rebuild mode and we could be NJ Institute of Technology bad next year
why does it mean bad next year? portal will have so many options, trust the coaches to get a good haul

a coach isnt going to be saying this as a negative thing. there has to be some surprisingly good news on the other side of this, right?
I believe someone said it was right before the Selection Sunday announcements

More like get ready for the selections

I’ll take it as a good sign we’re in the right direction if we really clean house. Not sure why we thought putting all our eggs in a 6 man class, most of which weren’t even ranked made sense in this current era. Sounds like we’ll be lucky to have 2 guys make it to their junior year. Another perfect example of us being stuck in the past. Feels like the true starting point of the Red era.

Not saying it is right, but our fans are no different than any other school with fans that care and are passionate. If you don't like it, listen to the coaches, play the right way, and play better. Period. And for those that say "they're just kids", I will rebutt now with a "yeah, they're getting paid PLENTY..." and what do you think will happen in the NBA if you make it? (Judah will not, FYI).
Would you treat someone his age that works any other job similarly? Waiters? Cashiers? They certainly make less - but them getting paid has nothing to do with whether or not guys should suck it up.

Be with your guys through thick or thin. They are not perfect. What we need to do is provide the context in which they can most easily become a better version of themselves. Not attacking and antagonizing

a coach isnt going to be saying this as a negative thing. there has to be some surprisingly good news on the other side of this, right?
Dunno but if we have transfers committed and lined up selection Sunday they aren’t going to be from NCAA Tournament teams and likely aren’t very good.

Taylor and Mintz and the centers are the expected losses but we won’t benefit if more guys leave at all.

I’ll take it as a good sign we’re in the right direction if we really clean house. Not sure why we thought putting all our eggs in a 6 man class, most of which weren’t even ranked made sense in this current era. Sounds like we’ll be lucky to have 2 guys make it to their junior year. Another perfect example of us being stuck in the past. Feels like the true starting point of the Red era.
Clean house only to...
clean house again next year in march 2025.

Dunno but if we have transfers committed and lined up selection Sunday they aren’t going to be from NCAA Tournament teams and likely aren’t very good.

Taylor and Mintz and the centers are the expected losses but we won’t benefit if more guys leave at all.
You don’t know that, there are very good players on teams with poor records who are seeking a playing upgrade.

Was a Copeland fan but the guys throwing tidbits in here about the real situation are solid board contributors that have had good inside info in the past.
Wondering how the "inside stuff/no details" coming out may impact how other teams view SU portal guys.
ie: Raised concern about what they are getting to ensure their NIL investments get desired results?

I believe someone said it was right before the Selection Sunday announcements

More like get ready for the selections
What is there to get ready for? Makes no sense.

Excited to see some guys who buy into the team concept and aren’t all about self. We can definitely build a very respectable team. We aren’t Fairleigh Dickinson, we’re fricking Syracuse. We’ll get some good players that know their role and buy in to the team vision and concept and want to represent SU and not themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom