So... will there be changes amongst the coaching staff? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So... will there be changes amongst the coaching staff?

this is false. We don’t win 10 last year without getting new guys in key spots

Where are those key guys?

One year hole fillers is not recruiting.

A place that’s name sells itself to recruits. An easier recruiting road with his system must attract some names.

the problem is, this is the first time that it’s all his guys under his system...and it looks dreadful. People aren’t going to be too interested. He would probably have to go to a lower program...that he’s not going to do and he doesn’t honestly deserve that

I’m not sure why Ward’s name would be on the chopping block. Aside from the Maryland game, the defense has played pretty admirably this year. This last couple games could’ve been pretty ugly if they hadn’t played as well.
Except for the fact that his defense has given up touchdowns on back to back weeks by two different teams with basically the same play. His team can't tackle and last night made twp might mite runners look like All Americans. That when his team needed a stop and knowing Pitt was not going to throw it had his linebackers five to six yards off the ball and got gashed on three consecutive plays. Ward is not a good coordinator and his defense is not very good. Wait to you see what a fast FSU with Akers does to them. Ward by no means should be safe if changes are made and lots of changes should be made.

the problem is, this is the first time that it’s all his guys under his system...and it looks dreadful. People aren’t going to be too interested. He would probably have to go to a lower program...that he’s not going to do and he doesn’t honestly deserve that

what are you talking about?! It looks dreadful because of OL play - it all stems from that. We have 1-3rd team ACC types at S, both DE, WR, and prob QB

Cisco, Smyzt, Robinson, Coleman, N. Johnson, Harris, Guthrie, Trill Williams, Martin

I mean, if you want to say OL - you’d have something

No one is really complaining about the defense. Our head coach is an offensive guru and our offense has been offensive. Monroe has recruited well to the secondary. No other coach has done anything and our Oline coach hasn’t developed anyone and has not recruited.

You can keep beating the drum but you’re gonna be on an island by yourself by the end of this season.

We’re headed for a 3-9 or 4-8 season. Maybe something similar next year. That would be 4 losing seasons in 5 years.
Next year will be no better, in fact it may be worse. Recruiting has been horrible and talent development has not been good..

Cavanaugh can go now. Midseason or not, this line is the worst I've ever seen in college football.

We have a extremely talented pocket passer who can't get more than a second to make a throw.

At this point is it possible for them to play worse. What could possibly go wrong if we release the coach now. I mean, these guys aren’t even getting their physical body in front of a 4 man rush. We could let the kids coach themselves the rest of the season and probably not see any decline in what we’re watching now.

The issue isn’t only or primarily on the assistant coaches — Dino is closely involved with every bit of the offense, If he wanted a different approach from Lynch (game plan, play calling, personnel), it would happen. It comes back to the available options with what we have, this season, at QB and OL.

OL coaching — Lynch was the OL coach before Cavanaugh. If there were changes needed in technique or line-up, should expect Lynch to step in and help get it corrected. Same coaches last season, different guys at QB and OT this season.

OL recruiting — how much on Cavanaugh? The most recent recruits (Red and Bergeron) seem promising. I don’t see Cavanaugh as helping much in recruiting our footprint, but that is a different issue in how Dino has put together his staff,

You can keep beating the drum but you’re gonna be on an island by yourself by the end of this season.

He was for the Shafer era too but he’ll keep criticizing any analysis against DB or TD. Good for him I guess.

I just realized that what we are seeing is a team that had the “benefit” of extra practices during last year’s bowl preparation. A lot of folks claimed that the extra practices would help the next season in terms of talent development. Looks like we were wrong.

We’re headed for a 3-9 or 4-8 season. Maybe something similar next year. That would be 4 losing seasons in 5 years.

With one of the best Syracuse seasons of most of our lifetimes thrown in there.

And there’s probably not a staff in the country that has a winning season in 2016 or 2017 with Dungey going down.

I thought Cav was going to be a good hire
Most of thought we had turned the OL corner last year
Clearly we have not
I just don't see how he survives the season
You can't really judge the other O coaches 100% with the the OLine we have right now

I like Dino and he has done loads to bring back our football program. Having said that, he is the one who must fix the obvious problems we have. Loyalty is a great virtue; however, IMO he needs to make some position coaching changes and some changes in the way he envisions playcalling.
If he is unwilling or unable then we will drift back into the morass that has been Syracuse football for way too long.

For all the OMG the program is over
It takes awhile to build a program back up after the train-wreck we went through
That's take a look at the last major rebuild

1981Syracuse4–6–1
1982Syracuse2–9
1983Syracuse6–5
1984Syracuse6–5
1985Syracuse7–5L Cherry
1986Syracuse5–6

It's not all going to be smooth sailing
We are a big victim of our own success and a lot of us (myself included) thought it would be 8 plus win season despite loosing a top 3 QB in the history of the school plus most of our OLine
Changes have to be made and 2020 needs to be step back in the right direction
Anyone at this point calling for Dino to go is just insane and might want to go rake leaves for the next few seasons

If we can eke out a 5-7 season, Dino's won-loss record will be 3 games under .500 in 4 years, not bad for SYR football. Marrone had a .500 record in 4 years in a lesser conference and that catapulted him to an NFL job. That's the only way I can rationalize this in my head.

With one of the best Syracuse seasons of most of our lifetimes thrown in there.

And there’s probably not a staff in the country that has a winning season in 2016 or 2017 with Dungey going down.

No doubt.

Consistently inconsistent. Not what Dino is striving to do.

No one is really complaining about the defense. Our head coach is an offensive guru and our offense has been offensive. Monroe has recruited well to the secondary. No other coach has done anything and our Oline coach hasn’t developed anyone and has not recruited.

1. if I’m the only one who thinks Dino can coach I’m very happy on my island

2. all of our WR and our QB are Dino’s guys

3. I said the OL was the area I’d question coaching and recruiting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors