So you're telling me there's a chance?! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So you're telling me there's a chance?!

Play a clean game, play a smart game, make them sweat. I fully anticipate a competitive game but if that means 28-10 loss, so be it.

LSU will bring in their back-up RB and run for 150 with him.

Focus on the defending the run, which we already do decently well, then. I'm still not impressed with LSU's ability to stretch the field. Martin/Foster/our Linebackers have all looked good in coverage this year, be it against far lesser opponents. I think if we can manage to limit LSU's rb to less than 125 yards we can have a shot.

Watched the MSU game pretty closely and I don't know...these guys are just a whole new level of athletic. MSU did alot of damage on the ground against them but most of it was on runs to the outside. LSU's front 4, thin as they may be, are a nasty bunch. Those guys got after it the whole game, the two DT's in particular are outright dominant at the point of attack. Arden Key (#49) is also a very good player, and fun to watch. He plays the Sam backer in a 4-3 under which uses him more like a DE. He's long, quick as hell, and very disciplined. Just seems to find the ball and makes himself a factor on nearly every play. The back 7, other than a few costly busts, didn't give them much. Fitzgerald took alot of chances and pushed the ball into some crazy spots, the MSU receivers simply made plays. I somehow don't think that kind of pass attack and mentality is in this teams dna...we will see. On O their vulnerability (to me) is in the pass game, Etling is limited in the types of throws he excels at. But he is patient and works through his progressions. The O-line is not as dominant as the group we saw in the Dome a few years ago, but it's a stretch to call them a weakness. I think they are better in protect, which is a bit ironic. Honestly expecting a woodshed beat down, hoping for a competitive game, and if we somehow win I will have no choice but to acknowledge that the SU administration is the best and most supportive of it's football program, the SU AD is the most competent and invested, and yes indeed Donald J. Trump, our president, has a huge penis.

Missing 2 of our starting receivers in Erv and Custis. No real run game that will threaten a solid LSU defensive line, and were on the road vs a team who is coming off a big loss... unfortunately this is not the formula for an upset. Id be very happy with leaving BR injury free.

Their backups would be -14 vs us. If we were to somehow win, Eddie O should just get on our plane and leave town.
I agree - I'm assuming their 2nd string RB was higher ranked out of high school than anyone on our roster.

Missing 2 of our starting receivers in Erv and Custis. No real run game that will threaten a solid LSU defensive line, and were on the road vs a team who is coming off a big loss... unfortunately this is not the formula for an upset. Id be very happy with leaving BR injury free.

Take it to another thread! We're winning the game in this one!

Lsu, georgia, alabama annually have a 3 deep of 1st round level talent at running back. It is terrifying, and ridiculous.

I guess all those posters, including me, who believe Slayton and Franklin are NFL talents will see it on display on Saturday. Though unfortunately Franklins run stopping isnt often on display in the T2.

Everyone close your eyes and picture this...

3 seconds left. We are down 30-28. Our D has kept us in the game holding them to multiple FG's. Out trots Cole Murphy to attempt the 41 yd game winner. None of us have any confidence he will make it. He nails it. Redeems himself for all the inconsistency. Rises to Riley Dixon fame.

Cuse 31-30. Book it.

Last edited:

3 seconds left. We are down 30-28. Our D has kept us in the game holding them to multiple FG's. Our trots Cole Murphy to attempt the 41 yd game winner. None of us have any confidence he will make it. He nails it. Redeems himself for all the inconsistency. Rises to Riley Dixon fame.

Cuse 31-28. Book it.
I'd have more faith going for the end zone than putting the game on the Murphy's foot outdoors on the road.

3 seconds left. We are down 30-28. Our D has kept us in the game holding them to multiple FG's. Our trots Cole Murphy to attempt the 41 yd game winner. None of us have any confidence he will make it. He nails it. Redeems himself for all the inconsistency. Rises to Riley Dixon fame.

Cuse 31-28. Book it.

How do you make a play where you erase 2 points from the other team?

Take it to another thread! We're winning the game in this one!

I totally lol'd when I read this, well played sir! IM IN! We win by 40 going away! It will be a bigger beat down then the one we administered when we went to Ann Arbor with McNabb! lol!

I think we lose. Better players trump a lot. But this confluence of stuff is nuts:

- Young OL
- Thin DL
- Not used to tempo
- NFL RB is out
- New OC, new system on O
- Limited QB
- Disgruntled fanbase expecting a blowout may turn on them if things go south
- 2 Freshman in the secondary

- We have the better QB
- We are in year two, game 4 of our new systems on O and D
- Improving D?

I think we lose. Better players trump a lot. But this confluence of stuff is nuts:

- Young OL
- Thin DL
- Not used to tempo
- NFL RB is out
- New OC, new system on O
- Limited QB
- Disgruntled fanbase expecting a blowout may turn on them if things go south
- 2 Freshman in the secondary

- We have the better QB
- We are in year two, game 4 of our new systems on O and D
- Improving D?

For obvious reasons, this is quickly turning into a runaway Cuse win. 3-1.

I hate moral victories but I'd be happy as hell to get out of their healthy and lose by 10. That would be a good showing for an up and coming team trying to gain some credibility on the road at LSU under the lights. I think we need to attack and keep the game as fast as we can and hope they get tired before we do. If things don't start well for them, that crowd could turn on them in a heartbeat and make things very difficult.

3 seconds left. We are down 30-28. Our D has kept us in the game holding them to multiple FG's. Out trots Cole Murphy to attempt the 41 yd game winner. None of us have any confidence he will make it. He nails it. Redeems himself for all the inconsistency. Rises to Riley Dixon fame.

Cuse 31-30. Book it.

If that happens ill tat murphy on my back next to "Paved the road towards our 2018/2019 National Championship".

From the sounds of everything, especially the antics with the LSU injury situation, it seems to me that Eddie O and the boys are a little shook.

He knows if he loses this one, he's fired on Sunday. Pressure meet buckle.

Something does seem up with LSU. You should not need your star RB to beat Syracuse at home.

From the sounds of everything, especially the antics with the LSU injury situation, it seems to me that Eddie O and the boys are a little shook.

He knows if he loses this one, he's fired on Sunday. Pressure meet buckle.
Love your thoughts here. Put me down for a big fat like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom