So you're telling me there's a chance?! | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

So you're telling me there's a chance?!

Darrell Williams

HIGH SCHOOL
Rated a four-star recruit by , 247Sports and At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. ... Set a single-season school record at John Ehret by rushing for 2,201 yards and 32 touchdowns as a senior ... Also caught six passes for 309 yards and three scores during his senior season ... Ranked as the No. 11 running back nationally by Rivals and was a member of the Rivals 250 ... Started at quarterback in 2012 and ran for more than 1,000 yards and scored 27 touchdowns ... Led a John Ehret team that was winless in 2012 to a district championship in 2013 ... Member of the Baton Rouge Advocate Second Dozen ... Coached by Corey Lambe

Yes, their second string Senior running back is indeed higher rated than anyone on our team! Their third string running back, Canada, is even higher rated. Let that sink in, but thank God for you people with orange colored glasses.

635861320774980673-USP-NCAA-FOOTBALL-SYRACUSE-DINO-BABERS-PRESS-CONF-78129282.JPG

I hate moral victories but I'd be happy as hell to get out of their healthy and lose by 10. That would be a good showing for an up and coming team trying to gain some credibility on the road at LSU under the lights. I think we need to attack and keep the game as fast as we can and hope they get tired before we do. If things don't start well for them, that crowd could turn on them in a heartbeat and make things very difficult.

Let's remove the term "moral victory" from the sports dictionary. what's an immoral victory?

You can have an encouraging defeat, one that suggests that there might be victories to come.

You can have a discouraging victory, one that makes you wonder if you are going to get another one any time soon.

But there are no "moral victories".

Last edited:
Let's remove the term "moral victory" from the sports dictionary. what's an immoral victory?

You can have an encouraging defeat, on that suggests that there might be victories to come.

You can have a discouraging victory, one that makes you wonder if you are going to get another one any time soon.

But there are no "moral victories".
Immoral victory = icing a Sun Belt kicker w/ a 56 point lead.

Immoral victory = winning at the expense of countless young lives

Immoral victory = icing a Sun Belt kicker w/ a 56 point lead.

Immoral victory = winning at the expense of countless young lives

Immoral victory = any victory in which Steve Spurrier is a part.

Immoral victory = an victory Saban accumulates while promising recruits the world and gray shirting them to keep them from potential competition.

Immoral victory = any victory by PedState. (I know this is a repeat of what you alluded to but it can't be said enough)

When Clemson came to the Dome in 2013, a Clemson fan settled into an empty seat next to me and we talked about the histories of the two programs. They had beaten LSU in a bowl game the year before and he was there. Both schools use the "Tiger Rag" and I told him it must have been ringing in his ears after that one. He said it still was.

I'm with Texanmark on this one. We're getting better, going to keep getting better, and will have a signature win at some point under Dino. It might as well be today. LSU isn't as good as they'd like to be and we're better than they'd like us to be. They're under a lot of pressure going in and I think we have an opportunity. Anything can happen and big upsets take place with some regularity. It's a great day for a surprise in Baton Rouge...

Damien Rhodes believes we have a chance after watching LSU play the first two games. He does not think they are as talented as the teams Les Miles had in the past.

West Virginia and Tennessee are both favored by more than LSU is and they’re both hanging on by the skin of their teeth.

Can't remember the name of the QB from La that decommitted from us to LSU when they offered. Is he on their roster?

Looks like LSU is going to play 2 QB's against us. Anyone know anything about Myles Brennan? Suppose to be a better passer than Etling but is a true freshman.

Looks like LSU is going to play 2 QB's against us. Anyone know anything about Myles Brennan? Suppose to be a better passer than Etling but is a true freshman.
Care taker likes him I think

Both Etling and Brennan were in the Elite 11 with TD.

And thanks to choosing LSU, it is predestined that they will be nothing special as QBs.

Etling is the true Frosh playing for Texas that almost beat the Trojans in Pasadena, agree with you about Brennan though!

First off, what a difference in the football board's morale after a win last week. There were talks of doom and gloom after the loss to MTSU (some of them very warranted), so it's been nice to read the board since Saturday. That win was not perfect by any means, but it was exactly that... A WIN. 2-1. Onto LSU...

I don't actually think we're going to win, but I also don't share the same "it's gonna be a beatdown" mentality as others either. I absolutely DO think there's a small chance (better than Lloyd's 1 in a million talk, too) we could sneak one out on Saturday. I was very surprised when LSU hired Eddie O as the HC. To me, he is Shafer-esque in that he is a great assistant coach, but just doesn't have "it" to be the top guy. Especially the top guy at a football powerhouse school like LSU. How much does that impair the LSU gameplan and in-game "strategerie"? I don't know, but him being the HC doesn't hurt us IMHO.

Their players are bigger, faster and stronger than ours. Absolutely no questioning that. The talent gap is quite evident, so we need to make up for that with nearly perfect execution and game-planning. I still think that Babers is going to leave it all out on the field this week and show a few things that no one has seen before. This is their exclamation mark game. No doubt. People have mentioned that he would've opened it up if he needed to against MTSU, but I don't know. I'm sure he didn't actually think we were going to lose that football game while he was standing there on the sidelines in the second half. MTSU clearly out-coached and executed better than we did. Cannot have even a semblance of that against LSU to have a chance.

We've heard the infamous "it all clicks in the 2nd season usually between games 4 and 6" countless times. I don't really buy into all of that, especially inheriting a bottom feeder program in a much more skewed football conference like the ACC. We saw some glimpses last week in the 2nd half against CMU, but I don't think we're there yet. Frankly, not even close IMHO. That doesn't mean however that we can't shock LSU. From a conditioning perspective, I'd like to think we can possibly outrun them over 4 quarters. Our defense is much improved and other than the DL, we have quality depth at LB and CB. Fresh legs in those units can hopefully mask, to an extent, the razor thin depth we have across the DL. I'm really, really looking forward to seeing Alton Robinson and Chris Slayton (2 potential NFL picks at some point) line up against quality big uglies across the LOS. Our running game HAS to make a big improvement this week. I'm hoping we utilize Moe and Strick in the open field more. They can both make people miss there, but not in-between the tackles.

Last, but not least, why the heck not? LSU is coming off of a brutal loss to a rival and are staring at a daunting SEC schedule ahead. A possible overlooking scenario? If you're Eddie O, you absolutely have to win this one. If you're Babers, a win here would REALLY rejuvenate and amp up this fanbase. Big games for both teams, I cannot wait.

I give us a chance, not a great chance, but I think we have a slightly better than the 8% chance of winning the odds say. Time will tell soon enough.

LGO!

2016-10-15_21-17-58.jpg
Syracuse has a good chance to win this game. LSU has a bad coach and two bad quarterbacks. But the rest of LSU is superior to SU' because LSU has much better reputation. I don't mind the on side kick. The script is to let LSU has 3 points then SU could win with a touch down. But No. 6 costs us the game due to some bad athletes SU has. In short, we don't have a complete team like LSU has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom