Some reality | Syracusefan.com

Some reality

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
About fund raising. Don't know all it's implications but this is fact.

I have been at Manley the past 2 days. They have 2 boards in the Orange Club room being used to track athletic fundraising. One is labeled Football upgrades (or something like that). The goal is $5m. That is for the upgrades we have just seen. The amount raised so far is $4m. So we are $1m short for things we already did.

Now the 2nd board didn't specify and sport or any specific project. It just said something like SU athletics. The goal was $14m and the goal was met.

Since the $5m board was specifically labeled I am assuming the $14m board was not specifically for football nor the IPF. Did Marrone think or hope most or all of this would be put towards the IPF? Don't know. Maybe it was meant for a number of items not all football related.

Raising money for football doesn't seem to be something that is easy to do here. Why, I have no idea.

Keep in mind also that I have heard more than a few times the last several years that the AD has been in hot water for spending money we don't have.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Good info Bees! Thanks for sharing. Well that is pretty encouraging to say the least!

About fund raising. Don't know all it's implications but this is fact.

I have been at Manley the past 2 says. They have 2 boards in the Orange Club room being used to track athletic fundraising. One is labeled Football upgrades (or something like that). The goal is $5m. That is for the upgrades wr have just seen. The amount raised so far is $4m. So we are $1m short for things we already did.

Now the 2nd board didn't specify and sport or amy specific project. It just said something like SU athletics. The goal was $14m and the goal was met.

Since the $5m board was specifically labeled I am assuming the $14m board was not specifically for football nor the IPF. Did Marrone think or hope most or all of this would be put towards the IPF? Don't know. Maybe it was meant for a number of items not all football related.

Raising money for football doesn't seem to be something that is easy to do here. Why, I have no idea.

Keep in mind also that I have heard more than a few times the last several years that the AD has been in hot water for spending we don't have.

What do they plan on doing with ACC money? I know its been established that most of these facility upgrades are payed for by donations but its not like Syracuse is having money issues and we get a huge influx of $$$ once we join the ACC.

when you make donations don't you have to specify a sport?

when you make donations don't you have to specify a sport?

You can but don't have to. Maybe that board was a cumulative board for all sports too.

What do they plan on doing with ACC money? I know its been established that most of these facility upgrades are payed for by donations but its not like Syracuse is having money issues and we get a huge influx of $$$ once we join the ACC.

Could there be some money issues with some exit fees for the Big East still due while none of the increased cash from the ACC hasn't come in yet. Long drawn out mergers can have some interesting effects on the way cash is spent in the interim. I just know that I was very surprised at the penny pinching surrounding the Pinstripe Bowl, and assumed this was due to some restrictions in cash flow.

You can but don't have to. Maybe that board was a cumulative board for all sports too.

i'm sure there is a good reason for this, but you can't make split donations. like 50/50 basketball/football. it has to a specific sport, or just towards a cumulative total. does anybody know the reason why?

Do we have a meltdown for Doug. Or do we have a meltdown for Gross? If this all comes down to facilities being funded, that falls on the AD, no? I don't expect him to stick around to be blamed for that.

What really bothers me is that, as fans, we are/were completely in the dark. Not even a last minute plea? When Villanova was considering moving up their football, they were sending out emails to let people know the situation. You can keep people informed without completely showing your hand.

We're human. We need goals to shoot for. Nobody is going to donate money by tossing it into the ether. I'm not even a marketing guy and I could probably coordinate this better.

Totally pulling this out of my a**, but could there be more to this story? Marrone leaving like a bat out of hell, Cantor leaving, and Gross from USC...if you catch my drift...

i'm sure there is a good reason for this, but you can't make split donations. like 50/50 basketball/football. it has to a specific sport, or just towards a cumulative total. does anybody know the reason why?

Seems easy to get around that. Make one donation to football. Wait a week, and then make one donation to basketball. What are they going to say, "no sir, were on to you."

Seems easy to get around that. Make one donation to football. Wait a week, and then make one donation to basketball. What are they going to say, "no sir, were on to you."
Literally laughed out loud at this.

I have been at Manley the past 2 days. They have 2 boards in the Orange Club room being used to track athletic fundraising. One is labeled Football upgrades (or something like that). The goal is $5m. That is for the upgrades we have just seen. The amount raised so far is $4m. So we are $1m short for things we already did.

Was at $3.82 mil in August on day of Ft Drum scrimmage. Raised another $180k since then, give or take. Aye.

Was at $3.82 mil in August on day of Ft Drum scrimmage. Raised another $180k since then, give or take. Aye.

Yea, they added my donation.

Yea, they added my donation.

When are they announcing the "BEES Family Elliptical & Smoothie Room"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom