Somebody help me with this "Thickburger" thing | Syracusefan.com

Somebody help me with this "Thickburger" thing

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
and why is it funny to constantly reference it?

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
You just had to be there.

AZOrange

Living Legend
I missed when it started and don't get it. Why is CJ called Thickburger?
Blame Otto. The only thing funnier I have seen in awhile was Edowd completely misusing the Jump The Shark thing...lol. A Michael G. Scott moment.

Oakland

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Record

I think it is some stupid contrived nickname someone is promoting - worse than Dirty.

orange79

Internet Sleuth
OttointheGrotto made up a nickname, and (sadly, tragically) it stuck.

Oh Lord

44PRIDE

All Conference
and why is it funny to constantly reference it?

Yeah...its an inside joke that was cool for about 5 minutes, but now just doesn't seem to go away. Kinda like that guy at the bar who still walks around saying WHASSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAP like the Budweiser commercial.

orange03

Starter
Yeah...its an inside joke that was cool for about 5 minutes, but now just doesn't seem to go away. Kinda like that guy at the bar who still walks around saying WHASSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAP like the Budweiser commercial.

Agree. Wasn't all that funny to begin with. Really not funny months later.

SouthCampusHero

2nd String
The only people that nickname stuck with are the 5 morons that keep using it. No one else finds it amusing.

DeGrozz

All American

I posted the original thread as a Word attachment a while back. It's an instant classic if you love stupid internet humor, which I do.

newmexicuse

All Conference
Bottom line - How does CJ take that nickname ? If he sees the humor & is OK with it - I am OK with it. If he views it as insulting then this board just move off of this nonsense. Anybody know what he thinks ???

bnoro

Lurker
Bottom line - How does CJ take that nickname ? If he sees the humor & is OK with it - I am OK with it. If he views it as insulting then this board just move off of this nonsense. Anybody know what he thinks ???
none of the idiots who contrived it would call him that, and I guarantee that. It's a stupid nickname, it makes no sense. The original thread is stupid too.

jekelish

Living Legend
Personally, the only reason I use it at all anymore is because it inexplicably riles people up so much. I've never seen so many people get so irritated by something so incredibly inconsequential.

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
The essence of a good nickname is that it is short and catchy and it depicts a characteristic. Thickburger makes no sense.

BlackSquirrels

2nd String

OttointheGrotto wrote a lengthy, lighthearted treatise on why he thought Fair's nickname should be Thickburger over the summer when news was slow.

I'm not sure how successful his essay was in convincing people to adopt the nickname.

However, an unexpected benefit of his original post is helping us all figure out which posters are name-calling Internet tough guys or take SU hoops, which should be about fun, way too seriously.

bnoro

Lurker
OttointheGrotto wrote a lengthy, lighthearted treatise on why he thought Fair's nickname should be Thickburger over the summer when news was slow.

I'm not sure how successful his essay was in convincing people to adopt the nickname.

However, an unexpected benefit of his original post is helping us all figure out which posters are name-calling Internet tough guys or take SU hoops, which should be about fun, way too seriously.
Pot calling kettle black... I love the people that call others "internet tough guys". It's a stupid nickname. If I heard someone say that in person I'd tell them it's a stupid nickname. Not sure why every SU player needs a nickname. CJ's nickname is CJ. Thickburger sounds like a gay bar.

jekelish

Living Legend
Does no one realize that the whole Thickburger thing was done tongue in cheek and, I'm assuming, intended to be nonsensical and not to be taken seriously?

I cannot imagine why anyone would get so angry about this whole thing. It's ridiculous.

Oakland

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Record
Personally, the only reason I use it at all anymore is because it inexplicably riles people up so much. I've never seen so many people get so irritated by something so incredibly inconsequential.

This is the first time I have seen anyone even discuss it.

jekelish

Living Legend
Clearly you haven't been on the board the last couple of days and weren't in chat during the DaJuan Coleman announcement, then.

bnoro

Lurker
Does no one realize that the whole Thickburger thing was done tongue in cheek and, I'm assuming, intended to be nonsensical and not to be taken seriously?

I cannot imagine why anyone would get so angry about this whole thing. It's ridiculous.
Who's angry? It's just a stupid nickname. It doesn't piss me off at all. It's just really stupid.

jekelish

Living Legend
I'd say the dude who keeps calling people who use it "morons" seems pretty riled up by it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusenj

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom