Sorry smokers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sorry smokers

He never sees them because you can't smoke anywhere anymore. Pretty soon they'll make it illegal to smoke on your front porch.
I don't smoke either. The best thing they did was ban indoor smoking. But you will alienate a lot of people that do.

ASU has in/out. They know people wouldn't come if this didn't apply.

This perfectly describes the guy who started the thread.

For those too lazy to scroll up, insert Chip (pun intended) for ASU.

I don't smoke either. The best thing they did was ban indoor smoking. But you will alienate a lot of people that do.

The indoor smoking ban is one thing, and in Virginia businesses can have a smoking section if they really want to. They just have to invest in the separate ventilation areas the law requires. Not letting people smoke anywhere outside at an event is way overboard.

This thread really got me thinking...I never see people smoking anywhere. I go to tons of Pats, Sox, and Bruins games. Maybe it's illegal in Boston. I don't really go to bars anymore. I assume there's some smokers clogging the doorways there. Occasionally you get a whiff of. Smoker in the market.

"How can we get even less people to come to the Dome"

Let alone the fact that I hate that smokers are discriminated against. Giving them a separate area to smoke is one thing. Not letting them smoke at all is another.

Also, not letting people leave and come back in. That is grade A stupidity. Get ready for more empty seats, particularly in the second half of games.
They can smoke. Just not on private property. Just like my house, my office and my car.

This thread really got me thinking...I never see people smoking anywhere. I go to tons of Pats, Sox, and Bruins games. Maybe it's illegal in Boston. I don't really go to bars anymore. I assume there's some smokers clogging the doorways there. Occasionally you get a whiff of. Smoker in the market.

There simply aren't as many smokers. It's being slowly phased out of our society as a result of education and laws prohibiting it in public. This graph is a thing of beauty.

Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 5.35.54 PM.png

if this keeps people from going to games, then those people have more problems that what they are putting in their body. You can hold your cravings for a few hours and or have a few in your car before entering the area

Man, I love random people telling me how often I need to smoke.

You don't need to go to the bathroom for a few hours either, after drinking a few beers at the tailgate, and during the game.. No seriously, I know because... oh wait a sec, I have no clue how often you need to hit the can.

When I smoked, I got more cravings while drinking, then I would while sober at the office. At the office, I probably had one an hour. Home, maybe every 2 hours (never in the house) While drinking, I for sure needed one at halftime. I'm not a fan of smoking as soon as you walk out of an exit, (I was always worried about not smokers and kids) but I've had a couple right there on the steps. I could see them sending you down the stairs, and off to the side.

They banned tobacco on campus here about a year and a half ago. The only place you can legally smoke is in your vehicle. Which, normally would be fine, (except my truck would smell hoorrrible) if it wasn't 40 below zero in the winter. I'd have to hit the auto start, let it run for a half hour, get my gear on, run out there, smoke in a still cold truck, and run back in. Between the gas I'd burn, and the length of time it would take each trip, no way dude.

I switched to a vape thing, and for a while I just hit it in my office (I hate vaping. I feel like an idiot when I do it in public, but I love me some nicotine).

Bars are starting to go non smoking up here too, which I agree with. It's been much easier to get my girl into the fox now that it's smoke free. They had a smoke room for a few months, but now it's back to standing outside at 40 below like an idiot.

This is something that's legal for any over 18 (or 19) to do... but I feel like a criminal when I do.

Last edited:
Man, I love random people telling me how often I need to smoke.

You don't need to go to the bathroom for a few hours either, after drinking a few beers at the tailgate, and during the game.. No seriously, I know because... oh wait a sec, I have no clue.

When I smoked, I got more cravings while drinking, then I would while sober at the office. At the office, I probably had one an hour. While drinking, I for sure needed one at halftime. I'm not a fan of smoking as soon as you walk out of an exit, (I was always worried about not smokers and kid) but I've had a couple right there on the steps. I could see them sending you down the stairs, and off to the side.

They banned tobacco on campus here about a year and a half ago. The only place you can legally smoke is in your vehicle. Which, normally would be fine, (except my truck would smell hoorrrible) if it wasn't 40 below zero in the winter. I'd have to hit the auto start, let it run for a half hour, get my gear on, run out there, smoke in a still cold truck, and run back in. Between the gas I'd burn, and the length of time it would take each trip, no way dude.

I switched to a vape thing, and for a while I just hit it in my office (I hate vaping. I feel like an idiot when I do it in public, but I love me some nicotine).

Bars are starting to go non smoking up here too, which I agree with. It's been much easier to get my girl into the fox now that it's smoke free. They had a smoke room for a few months, but now it's back to standing outside at 40 below like an idiot.

This is something that's legal for any over 18 (or 19) to do... but I feel like a criminal when I do.

Stop smoking, CT. I like you as a poster and don't want you to die of lung cancer.

Stop smoking, CT. I like you as a poster and don't want you to die of lung cancer.

Something I picked up while in the Army. Only way to know what was going on was to be hanging in the smoke pit with 1sg came to puff one. Quit a few times, and after field season dies down I'd like to move away from this vape thing. I know it's bad, most of the time I don't enjoy it, but right now I do it. And it blows my mind the looks I get from people, or the places I can't smoke it.

I do like the fact that our campus is no longer littered with butts... even tho there were butt cans everywhere.

Not surprised they went this route, was only a matter of time. As a non-smoker I clearly don't have a dog in this fight but can understand how some smokers would be less then thrilled. This will be easy to enforce during games (obviously you can't leave now) but good luck trying to enforce this as people walk on campus and tailgate. Still gonna enjoy my victory cigar when we beat a decent team at home like I did after Va Tech.

Not surprised they went this route, was only a matter of time. As a non-smoker I clearly don't have a dog in this fight but can understand how some smokers would be less then thrilled. This will be easy to enforce during games (obviously you can't leave now) but good luck trying to enforce this as people walk on campus and tailgate. Still gonna enjoy my victory cigar when we beat a decent team at home like I did after Va Tech.

How much of the area behind where you guys tailgate is SU property? Could walk 40 yards back and light up on city property?

Also on the list of things that makes cusetroop want to smoke... I was given a bigger office last week. Lady that had it before me had a bunch of plants that are now gone. There's freaking fruit flies everywhere. I can see them flying in front of my head right now. What the heck.

Also on the list of things that makes cusetroop want to smoke... I was given a bigger office last week. Lady that had it before me had a bunch of plants that are now gone. There's freaking fruit flies everywhere. I can see them flying in front of my head right now. What the heck.

Dying of lung cancer or emphysema would definitely fix that fruit fly problem. :p

How much of the area behind where you guys tailgate is SU property? Could walk 40 yards back and light up on city property?

I think the hill right there in the back in that small wooded area is SU property but if you walked in there to smoke I find it hard to believe a member of campus safety is going to hunt you down like your John Wilkes Booth. I don't think you would have much issue smoking in the tailgate lots as the only people there usually are lot attendants who wouldn't notice a 35 minute firefight with automatic weapons if it wasn't right next to them in there line of sight.

I don't see SU really enforcing this policy once your off the main campus and or around the dome. I mean if Tomcat has a big dipper of Red Man in to the point that he looks like an extra from Young Guns is someone really going to be A. Looking for that and B. Make him spit it out. I doubt it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom