Sorry smokers | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Sorry smokers

I am convinced that continuous smartphone usage is creating a whole generation of American who are stupider than they would be without them. Hours wasted staring at tiny screens and texting sharing their trivia of their lives would be better used reading, actually talking to some one or observing the world around them.

Hitler was convinced that Russia was run by over privileged bourgeoisie and would have no will to fight and simply fold after a mass invasion. He was wrong too. While there is a difference between responsible cell phone use and addiction, the same holds true from any vice. But a phone isn't simply a dumb box. Stupider? My opinion is that pre-tech generations are extremely ignorant and happy in their ignorance. For example, something as simple as mosquito bites. There are many 'home' remedies that older generations would swear by, for instance, carving an 'X' in the bite. This is a horrible idea, you are in fact further irritating the area and because you are causing potential truama to the area of the bite, you are opening microscopic tears in the skin opening you up to possible infections. In fact, the best thing for a bite is cortizone, plain and simple, the rest is old wives tales, which I debunked using the internet on my phone. My phone has also taught me how to install laminate flooring, replace old copper pipe with PEX, repair a dryer, fix a door blend actuator in car, techniques for coaching little league, etc. The Internet has certainly not made me stupider.

That seems so ridiculous. Halftime is 15 minutes long. Most tailgate lots at the Dome will take you 15 minutes roundtrip just to walk to. Not to mention all the lots that you have to take a shuttle to. It's 3 hours indoors in a giant open structure. People act like it's the same as being trapped in an elevator for 8 hours.

Actually it is ridiculous in some respects because a lot of fans don't come back - a lot of students don't come back.

Part of the reason is that the football hasn't been all that good for a long time.

There has been talk of changing the rule, but many wonder whether it would cause a negative reaction given the tradition.

Hitler was convinced that Russia was run by over privileged bourgeoisie and would have no will to fight and simply fold after a mass invasion. He was wrong too. While there is a difference between responsible cell phone use and addiction, the same holds true from any vice. But a phone isn't simply a dumb box. Stupider? My opinion is that pre-tech generations are extremely ignorant and happy in their ignorance. For example, something as simple as mosquito bites. There are many 'home' remedies that older generations would swear by, for instance, carving an 'X' in the bite. This is a horrible idea, you are in fact further irritating the area and because you are causing potential truama to the area of the bite, you are opening microscopic tears in the skin opening you up to possible infections. In fact, the best thing for a bite is cortizone, plain and simple, the rest is old wives tales, which I debunked using the internet on my phone. My phone has also taught me how to install laminate flooring, replace old copper pipe with PEX, repair a dryer, fix a door blend actuator in car, techniques for coaching little league, etc. The Internet has certainly not made me stupider.

I said that the kind of constant smartphone use that I see people indulging in does. These people aren't looking things up. They are mindlessly constantly communicating and indulging in the conceit of Facebook or Snapchat. (Sometimes while driving a car in traffic).

And I got that opinion from some articles I have read in reputable publications, many that I read on the net.

So while I agree with everything you said above, none of it seemed to have anything to do with what I wrote.

I said that the kind of constant smartphone use that I see people indulging in does. These people aren't looking things up. They are mindlessly constantly communicating and indulging in the conceit of Facebook or Snapchat. (Sometimes while driving a car in traffic).

And I got that opinion from some articles I have read in reputable publications, many that I read on the net.

So while I agree with everything you said above, none of it seemed to have anything to do with what I wrote.
Fair enough, I think I misunderstood your post to be more along the lines of 'we don't need no stinking technology' but see that's not what you meant. For the record, I don't have a Facebook account, mostly for the reasons you posted.

All the dust settling ... how insane is that first night going to be when you can't go outside and come back in lol

All the dust settling ... how insane is that first night going to be when you can't go outside and come back in lol

It will be very similar to Guantanamo Bay, with the exception of the beer and nachos and collegiate sports event.

I wish the NFL would go to 20 minute halftimes, I don't have enough time to do all I need to do in 12 minutes...and im sure as hell not running back to my car...

make my way up the stairs.

pee.

drink a beer or 2.

talk to random friends who are at the game and not sitting next to me, yet think its cool that I am there, they know where I sit and think I want to spend my halftime talking to them in the concession area.

drink another beer or 2.

pee again.

get 2 more beers for the 2nd half.

make my way to my seat.

Last edited:
I wish the NFL would go to 20 minute halftimes, I don't have enough time to do all I need to do in 12 minutes...and im sure as hell not running back to my car...

pee.

drink a beer or 2.

talk to random people who are at the game and not sitting next to me, yet think its cool that I am there, they know where I sit and think I want to spend my halftime talking to them in the concession area.

drink another beer or 2.

pee again.

make my way to my seat.
The NFL - no respect for the fans. Oh Lord

pee.

drink a beer or 2.

talk to random friends who are at the game and not sitting next to me, yet think its cool that I am there, they know where I sit and think I want to spend my halftime talking to them in the concession area.

drink another beer or 2.

pee again.

make my way to my seat.

"Four beers in like 15 minutes? Take it easy on liver, man." -Andre the Giant

Wake NC state people run out to shotgun ale, not smoke (tobacco anyway)

Wake NC state people run out to shotgun ale, not smoke (tobacco anyway)
i shotgun fresh air,but that does not seem to factor in to the decision. there is a humidity cloud in the dome ---and now they are blowing more hot air with this policy. given our unique circumstances of having a dome with no fresh air or a/c su needs to rethink its policy about leaving and returning the dome. there are times that it is truly unbearable, enough to keep me away from games that i can stream at home.

Your phone hasn't taught you anything. People taught you thiseb things.
Your phone is a portal to information, and a device for communication.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom