Southwest is coming to SYR | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Southwest is coming to SYR

So Seeing that United is reducing capacity and mainline service in general and re-timing their flight to DEN. I loved that mid-afternoon departure window from Hancock, and the early-bird trip from DEN. Hit the sweet spot for me. The new timing is late night inbound, early morning Back to Den. If SWA was smart it would take advantage of the rebasing of the flight time and drawing down of capacity to Chicago/ dc area and add service that takes the United flights' place. Not likely but there is an opportunity.

You give Marty McFly a whole other meaning I never thought of.

So Seeing that United is reducing capacity and mainline service in general and re-timing their flight to DEN. I loved that mid-afternoon departure window from Hancock, and the early-bird trip from DEN. Hit the sweet spot for me. The new timing is late night inbound, early morning Back to Den. If SWA was smart it would take advantage of the rebasing of the flight time and drawing down of capacity to Chicago/ dc area and add service that takes the United flights' place. Not likely but there is an opportunity.

If SWA continues to only have 3 BWI flights to SYR, it obviously makes sense for them to add at least two flights a day to MDW.

MDW allows some fairly efficient connections out west and even to Florida.

If SWA continues to only have 3 BWI flights to SYR, it obviously makes sense for them to add at least two flights a day to MDW.

MDW allows some fairly efficient connections out west and even to Florida.
Let's get on this and get it in place in time for the SU-Purdue game in September.

Looks like the other SWA hub city that we might eventually see daily flights from Syracuse is Atlanta.

Let's get on this and get it in place for the SU-Georgia Tech game this coming season.

SWA, you are on the clock...

Another Southern Hub city that seems to be adding bandwidth is Nashville, could be a SWA play to take a run at American and Charlotte's hub as far as demand is concerned. I still think SW can be profitable with a once daily to DEN, 2 x MDW, and a ATL/BNA or AUS turn. Seems like a slam dunk.

This looks like a nice new way to get to western US cities from Syracuse. Might become important for trips to Cali for SU olympic sports teams in the future. Too bad right now it is only seasonal.

This looks like a nice new way to get to western US cities from Syracuse. Might become important for trips to Cali for SU olympic sports teams in the future. Too bad right now it is only seasonal.

Not sure how important this new route will be. I'd personally rather have delta service back at MSP, or SW to Denver. Not sure if that will ever happen, but Ultra low cost carriers like these don't move the needle for me.

We can thank Boeing and their incompetence for this. SW isn't getting planes delivered to replace their aging fleet.

It makes no sense from a business decision and "network optimization" pov as load factors were beating expectations. Did they just cut the most recently added cities to their network? I could see cutting certain routes or frequencies but this seems short sighted...

It makes no sense from a business decision and "network optimization" pov as load factors were beating expectations. Did they just cut the most recently added cities to their network? I could see cutting certain routes or frequencies but this seems short sighted...
Yea , when I saw the headline I assumed they had too many empty seats. Not the case, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Spirit or Avelo coming in real soon given the fact that Hancock #s are at all time high and long term planners know Micron is coming.

We can thank Boeing and their incompetence for this. SW isn't getting planes delivered to replace their aging fleet.
I feel for anyone who booked Southwest for the Las Vegas or Cal football road trips.

I have a voucher with them for $100. I guess I gotta use it or lose it soon.

I feel for anyone who booked Southwest for the Las Vegas or Cal football road trips.

They still operate out of ROC and BUF.

I have return from RDU on SW ( few days of golf at my friends in Cary where you played) Luckily it’s in June .

Weird that the Boeing issue is only affecting Syracuse routes - hmm. :rolleyes:

Weird that the Boeing issue is only affecting Syracuse routes - hmm. :rolleyes:

Bellingham International Airport (Washington), Cozumel International Airport (Mexico), Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport, and Syracuse Hancock International Airport all lost service. .

Ten years ago I used to fly Southwest pretty often. Not sure what all the factors are, but everything about flying SW got steadily worse over the last decade - I only fly Southwest now if I don’t have any other viable option and know going in I’ll probably regret it.

Them making a decision which makes no long term sense has been SOP for quite a while now…

I was hopeful they would add a turn to Denver or Midway, the connections really were limited in BWI (although) in a vacuum still better then the offering from United or AA in the area. With Delays pushing into 2025 from Boeing, not hopeful WN gets back here anytime soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom