Southwest is coming to SYR

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
i just dont get why i cant pay a $20 fee like I do on every other airline for the actual seat, rather than $20 for the chance of a seat. I'm glad the other airlines never jumped on this model.

If it flew where I wanted to go and it was dramatically cheaper I would likely suck it up. But out of Newark NJ the routes tend to be limited, so its not worth the hassle.

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
SWA is tops with me. No baggage charge for 2 bags under 50lbs. They fly only 737 (easier to maintain one model). No bullsheet nickel for overhead bin use or dime for a better seat. Yes you can pay to board early - big deal. Maybe you get the exit row. It's not premiere service, but I find them consistent, friendly and egalitarian (whatever the hell "egalitarian" means).
Also I usually fly for free by using my SWA Rewards card.
J*sus Chr*st I sound like an advertisement.

Service starts mid-Nov. I look forward to booking them from Reno back to the 'Cuse for games. Maybe the Pitt game 11/27

Agree. Love Southwest. It's so much easier in my wheelchair to get on board first and get to pick any seat that works best for me.

Marty McFly

Resident Lurker
While it's great that SW is finally in town, Anyone find it odd that they would bring service and then just start with flights to BWI? The slot pairs that would be profitable seem many... Austin, Dallas, St. Louis, Denver, Midway, San Juan, Nashville, Atlanta... I dunno seems short sighted to me.

Last edited:

Nāraṅga

Walk On
While it's great that SW is finally in town, Anyone find it odd that they would bring service and then just start with flights to BWI? The slot pairs that would be profitable seem many... Austin, Dallas, St. Louis, Denver, Midway, San Juan, Nashville, Atlanta... I dunno seems short sighted to me.
BWI is a SW hub. You can get most places from there. I live in PA about an hour from BWI and am friends with a number of SW pilots who like living a little farther (and cheaper) from the airport

Marty McFly

Resident Lurker
BWI is a SW hub. You can get most places from there. I live in PA about an hour from BWI and am friends with a number of SW pilots who like living a little farther (and cheaper) from the airport
while it is true that BWI is a hub of sorts (more like a focus city if you ask me), it is still just 1 connection point, with limited routes/times. Also let's not pretend BWI is akin to JetBlue's Boston or NY hub either... It is great to get any service from SW, and hopefully this is just the start.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom