Southwest is coming to SYR

Marty McFly

Resident Lurker
just checked the schedule, and this is a game changer for folks wanting to connect to the west. Schedules are really nice, even if it's only a connection in Baltimore...

Marty McFly

Resident Lurker
Direct flights from Syracuse to BWI!

I'm so excited I've wanted this for years.
last time Syracuse had one of those was back when USAIR had those MetroJet's in the early 90's. We had direct service from Syr to Pittsburgh, BWI, among a handful of other cities for a while... even had a club in the north concourse...

sutomcat

Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner MPG (special again)
Staff member
Nice work Chuck.

It is a shame it isn't happening until football season is almost over and I hope we get direct access to a few more cities down the road but great news. Looks like I get to add another airline to my list!

Marty McFly

Resident Lurker
Nice work Chuck.

It is a shame it isn't happening until football season is almost over and I hope we get direct access to a few more cities down the road but great news. Looks like I get to add another airline to my list!
seem to be starting service right around the holiday travel season...

CA Monk

God is silent. If we could only get man to shut up
Hallelujah!
Southwest in the Northeast!

orange79

Internet Sleuth
When me and my family travel we book through a travel company and most travel company's do not book southwest allegiant spirit frontier etc the low cost carriers.
So, book through Southwest.
1623362961837.gif

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Long story. The grandparents my fiance parents dont like to book online they prefer the person to person booking.
OK, fair.

But if SW has a great rate, you could book online for them. Might save everyone some money.

upperdeck

Living Legend
hopefully they up the non stop game for some of these flights. non stop from buff/alb to FLL but not from syr or roc

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
I've never ever ever flown Southwest. I hate that they wont let me choose a seat like every other airline. And honestly out of NJ I find that they rarely go where I need without a stopover. Its worth a little more money for me to get a nonstop flight in the seat I want.

CA Monk

God is silent. If we could only get man to shut up
SWA is tops with me. No baggage charge for 2 bags under 50lbs. They fly only 737 (easier to maintain one model). No bullsheet nickel for overhead bin use or dime for a better seat. Yes you can pay to board early - big deal. Maybe you get the exit row. It's not premiere service, but I find them consistent, friendly and egalitarian (whatever the hell "egalitarian" means).
Also I usually fly for free by using my SWA Rewards card.
J*sus Chr*st I sound like an advertisement.

Service starts mid-Nov. I look forward to booking them from Reno back to the 'Cuse for games. Maybe the Pitt game 11/27

upperdeck

Living Legend
SWA is tops with me. No baggage charge for 2 bags under 50lbs. They fly only 737 (easier to maintain one model). No bullsheet nickel for overhead bin use or dime for a better seat. Yes you can pay to board early - big deal. Maybe you get the exit row. It's not premiere service, but I find them consistent, friendly and egalitarian (whatever the hell "egalitarian" means).
Also I usually fly for free by using my SWA Rewards card.
J*sus Chr*st I sound like an advertisement.

Service starts mid-Nov. I look forward to booking them from Reno back to the 'Cuse for games. Maybe the Pitt game 11/27
since i usaally know when i am flying way ahead and I pay the $20 fee I have almost always boarded in the first 20-50 people and have pretty much picked my seat every time.but other than flying out west the flights are all pretty short anyway so I really dont care where i sit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom