Spitt on Pitt Postgame... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Spitt on Pitt Postgame...

I’ll get some red heels thrown at me for this but I like this style of football, and wouldn’t mind at all if we installed something more like this going forward. I like watching the service academies play football.

Is it sustainable in the ACC? Probably not but I like watching it.
I hate watching this style of football but in an emergency situation I tip my cap.

Dino being heavily involved in the offensive game plan seems to always result in disaster. No wonder Dr. Bob moved to NC State. Beck’s gameplan today was brilliant.
How do you know whose game plan it was today? I would think Dino would be heavily involved on offensive side this week

I've been admitting it all along.

I want him gone.

He's done. Today changes nothing. It's time to move on, regardless of if he scrapes together a bowl appearance.

I was the Dino bandwagon co-pilot with Crusty.

The absolute worst and dumbest thing we could do is let him eke out enough wins to get a bowl and con ourselves in to thinking he should continue leading our program because of it.

The best case scenario is the program gets a second consecutive bowl appearance, and we still dump Dino.
1000%. Winning never hurts. A bowl berth strengthens the program "brand" but replacing Babers strengthens the program.

Last edited:
Missed the whole day college touring w my daughter. Listened to some Matt park on Sirius and almost drove off the road in confusion

A great win. I love wins as a Syracuse fan. My fav personal one was the nd one in 08 when it didn’t matter one iota. These are the “that’s my alma mada and I’m damn proud” games

I have said my peace on Dino and frankly he deserves my credit when a game plan is installed like this.

Let’s get bowl eligible and see how the chips fall. It’s more fun in nov when a win is posted for sure! LGO

Football is cyclical… teams built themselves to be fast and throw the ball all over the yard. So defenses then built themselves to defend that.

Eventually somebody’s going to build a monster power squad that can bulldoze everyone and the next trend will begin.
We scored 28 with 400 yards which would be right dead in the middle nationally for the season.

Yesterday was great but there is a reason who so many factories who believed in your second paragraph fifteen years ago have since given in

Would be to keep or extend an incompetent, losing coach who had to beat the dregs of the league to sneak into a crappy bowl.

Keeping Babers = continued "unnecessary" losing, subpar recruiting, sustained mediocrity and conference/national irrelevance.
If you cant think of anything worse or dumber than keeping a coach who makes two bowls in a row, you're not thinking hard enough which is common for people having a tantrum

My bet is that wildhack will can him the next time he doesn't go bowling.

This team is clearly going to keep playing hard for Dino and Wake looks like they might be packing it in early sooooo we are most likely going to be bowling unless we lose like a 10-7 game
Don't want to settle for a Fenway-type bowl. Win the last 2 games!

I know you keep citing this weird fact but quick glance at any record book shows it’s not right.
We had back to back bowls in 12 and 13 with different head coaches

You quote non existent people and take a real fact and say it isn't

Deep breaths

1000%. Winning never hurts. A bowl berth strengthens the program "brand" but replacing Babers strengthens the program.
Depends on who is hired and what staff they bring in. Aka GRob.

And yet the coaches felt they had a better chance of winning by running a wildcat offense instead of playing him.
In fairness, much of the problem with our passing game has been we are without our top two WRs, one of them is probably the biggest impact player on our team. Would a frosh do well if asked to go in and play with a WR corps who can’t get separation, and struggle to catch the ball? Then there is a OL who have struggled mightily at times this season. That’s a tall order even for a healthy, experienced QB. Maybe the coaches simply didn’t want to throw him to the wolves just yet.

We had back to back bowls in 12 and 13 with different head coaches

You quote non existent people and take a real fact and say it isn't

Deep breaths
Making a Bowl at 2-6 in conference is different than going 5-2 and 4-4 in conference. It would be insane to reward an extension in year 8 to a HC who went 2-6 in a watered down ACC.

In fairness, much of the problem with our passing game has been we are without our top two WRs, one of them is probably the biggest impact player on our team. Would a frosh do well if asked to go in and play with a WR corps who can’t get separation, and struggle to catch the ball? Then there is a OL who have struggled mightily at times this season. That’s a tall order even for a healthy, experienced QB. Maybe the coaches simply didn’t want to throw him to the wolves just yet.

We saw yesterday who the current best athlete/impact player is on the team, yet yesterday was the first time we've featured him in any capacity.

Making a Bowl at 2-6 in conference is different than going 5-2 and 4-4 in conference. It would be insane to reward an extension in year 8 to a HC who went 2-6 in a watered down ACC.
How many 7-5 p5 teams go 5-2 in conference

Factories have great records and everyone else suffers

Later on I'll get some numbers , we will look at teams that go 5-2 in the acc, who they are, how often

Maybe this is just who Syracuse is. SU has to get a home run hire or risk sliding into deeper mediocrity and with the home run hire, they may leave when they become a hot name. This will not be an easy decision.

Watch and listen to Dino in his post-game yesterday. Talked about this would be the first team in 20 years to make back-to-back bowl games under the same coach. That comment plus others is all I needed to hear to know that he has not been told anything by JW about his future and is fighting his Ohana off to be retained.
Yesterday the Mana was strong. Can it continue

Your referring to me . We win out I think he should stay. I get why most people disagree but I also look ahead to another change and all that goes with it . Hate the thought .
I’m referring to anyone and everyone that thinks Dino is the answer.I mean making a bowl because we beat enough terrible terrible teams really ain’t nothing to brag about.
I’ve seen enough in 8 years to let me know that Dino is a nice guy but not a guy that will ever get the team consistently good.

If you cant think of anything worse or dumber than keeping a coach who makes two bowls in a row, you're not thinking hard enough which is common for people having a tantrum

My bet is that wildhack will can him the next time he doesn't go bowling.
So you're saying it's "dumb" to to ignore eight years of mostly losing, often incompetent, embarrassing, undisciplined, poorly executed - particularly on the offensive side - football because the same "offensive guru" Coach who oversaw the eight years of mediocrity backslides his team into two lower tier bowls by beating the Sisters of The Poor and the dregs of the ACC?

You're saying staying with - and extending - THAT guy is what? "Smart?"

And btw, I can't speak for others but I'm not having a tantrum, my man. I thoroughly enjoyed the win yesterday, and hope the team gets a 6th or 7th win & a bowl game. And then I'd like to see Dino Babers "retire" or be let go and replaced with a better Head Coach.

I've seen 8 years of Babers' coaching and I'm convinced Syracuse can do better - that there are better coaching options available. I've seen Dino's best and imho, his best is not good enough to lead a program committed to WINNING - as Wildhack professes to be, so it's time to upgrade the position. Seems like the logical or the "smart" long-term play to me but hey, whadda I know? It's ultimately JW's call to make. We shall soon see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom