Sports Gambling Thread | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Sports Gambling Thread

Scottie Barnes bet #5 and Bet #6.
Risking my 4-0 perfect record on Scottie Bets with high risk bets

5 Assists or More vs Sacramento at +350.
Over 0.5 Threes at +320.
OG is still out and Barnes should get chances to hold the ball enough.

Threes Made
Scottie Barnes is not a good shooter. He does not like to shoot. He is 2-13 from three. Nick Nurse came out the other day and said he wants him to take at least 3 or 4 three pointers a game. I have a feeling he hits one tonight.

Assists
This one is a risk since its a +350 bet. Unfortunately while his over/under tonight is still at 2.5, the payout is -175. I am hitting that bet as well, I just can't pat myself on the back for calling a -175 bet, (so I am not calling my shot on that one)_

He did have 6 assists last night. He has also had 4 assists or more in 6 of his 7 last games, but only 5 or more once. I would have preferred if the over under was 3.5, and I would have got +odds. But the only way I can get more value than -175, is taking an assist milestone bet at +350.

Last edited:
Scottie Barnes bet #5 and Bet #6.
Risking my 4-0 perfect record on Scottie Bets with high risk bets

5 Assists or More vs Sacramento at +350.
Over 0.5 Threes at +320.
OG is still out and Barnes should get chances to hold the ball enough.

Threes Made
Scottie Barnes is not a good shooter. He does not like to shoot. He is 2-13 from three. Nick Nurse came out the other day and said he wants him to take at least 3 or 4 three pointers a game. I have a feeling he hits one tonight.

Assists
This one is a risk since its a +350 bet. Unfortunately while his over/under tonight is still at 2.5, the payout is -175. I am hitting that bet as well, I just can't pat myself on the back for calling a -175 bet, (so I am not calling my shot on that one)_

He did have 6 assists last night. He has also had 4 assists or more in 6 of his 7 last games, but only 5 or more once. I would have preferred if the over under was 3.5, and I would have got +odds. But the only way I can get more value than -175, is taking an assist milestone bet at +350.

I am giving myself a win tonight and 5-0 record, despite getting one wrong. I bet $150 on the three bets and came away with $393 due to hitting one at +350. So I think giving myself a win on the night is fair!

I placed 3 modest bets on him tonight.
I put $70 on the 5 assists at +350. (WIN - He had six assists)
I put $50 on the over 2.5 assists at -175. (WIN - He had six assists)
I put $30 on the over 0.5 threes at +320 (LOST - He did not shoot a three.. he does not like shooting)

College football underdog action courtesy of @kellyinvegas
South Carolina, Nebraska, Wyoming
6 pt teaser, parlay, and money line parlay

Keep riding Barnes tonight on the assists at over 3.5 vs GSW, +150.
A bit leery as GSW has the top D in the league.
He has had 4 assists or more in 7 of his last 8 games, and 6 last game.
Actually prefer over 3.5 (+150) as compared to over 2.5 (-175) that he was at last game.

Keep riding Barnes tonight on the assists at over 3.5 vs GSW, +150.
A bit leery as GSW has the top D in the league.
He has had 4 assists or more in 7 of his last 8 games, and 6 last game.
Actually prefer over 3.5 (+150) as compared to over 2.5 (-175) that he was at last game.

Make it 6-0. Got his 4th assist in the third quarter.

That being said I had put $100 on him earlier in the year to win ROY at +600.
I cashed out for about $175 during the game.
While he is getting assists he is just not enough of a refined scorer and will not score enough without a jumper.

Bet365 still has him as the favourite for the ROY, but Cade Cunningham is starting to get it going, and Evan Mobley was rolling before the injury. I had hedged my $100 investment in Barnes with Mobley at +700 very early in the year (have no clue why the oddsmakers loved Jalen Green so much early on), and then put more on Mobley at +333 maybe 10 days ago. I will continue to ride that bet, but as noted above my main concern was Barnes lack of scoring and Cade coming on quick.

College football underdog action courtesy of @kellyinvegas
South Carolina, Nebraska, Wyoming
6 pt teaser, parlay, and money line parlay

Got there with the teaser and regular parlay. Nebraska fell short for the ML parlay.

After a nice run, I am getting off the Barnes assist train for now. The over under has climbed from 1.5 to 2.5 to 3.5 and tonight it is 3.5 (-140) after being +150 the night before. The value is now gone as the oddsmakers have adjusted. Can't say I am totally off, but I bet about a 1/3rd of my normal bet tonight on the over.

But the bets went a nice way to paying off towards a new set of golf clubs for me next year. I had went 6-0 on bets posted here, and 8-1 overall on Barnes, including one at +350. I was also more confident in these and betting larger amounts (although modest still) than the small time bets I normally make ... going big for me is betting $100-$125 on something. Feeling really confident about something (and betting much more on it) is typically a recipe to drain your account more quickly but it worked.

Anyway I was up to about $1,800 in my Bet365 account which made me uncomfortable as I typically just slowly lose money and drain my account over a long period of time... I cashed out $1,300 today a lot of that coming from various Barnes bets.

Dropped a $10 parlay (money line) on the 7 teams I wanted to lose today... except I chose them to win.

Arizona St over Syracuse
Kansas over North Texas
UConn over Michigan St
Georgetown over San Diego St (that's the biggest gamble at +260)
Louisville over Ole Miss
Cowboys over Raiders
Dechambeau over Koepka

Bets pays me $699.94 in compensation.

Put a big bet down on WF, i know it’s early and things could change but even on the road -230 against bc seemed like a free green if you were willing to lay a decent amount.

KC +950 for the #1 seed. Seems like great value?
Obviously they lose all tie-breakers but there are only 2 games they're not clear favorites in, @LAC & @Cincy. Probably have to win the LAC game but if they do, good chance 12-5 will be good enough.

Does anyone understand why the Rams are favored in GB? If Rodgers were actually hurt bad I don't think he'd be talking about it.

Crappy bowl Saturday bets

UTEP +11.5
BYU -6.5
Utah St +7
Utah St/Oregon St Under 68
UL LaFayette -4

So far I've lost with Sun Belt titans Coastal Carolina (won but didn't cover) and App State. Both teams tackle like they're playing flag football.

Crappy bowl Saturday bets

UTEP +11.5
BYU -6.5
Utah St +7
Utah St/Oregon St Under 68
UL LaFayette -4
I'm with you on BYU, UL and USU (didn't play the total). I laid off Fresno/UTEP because I wasn't sure about the QB situation at Fresno. GL

Don’t love the card today so mostly collecting on yesterday’s 4-1. Small wager on a 6 pt 6 team teaser paying +600

Jets / Dolphins Under 47.5
Houston +11.5
Baltimore +15
Cincinnati +9
SF -2.5
Philly-0.5

I couldn't resist Carolina when it got to 14 with the Bills OL issues. Oh well. Mostly on fire. Thought the wrong teams were favored in the Indy & Pittsburgh games early in the week, bet them both, they both flipped to favored, and both won. When does that ever happen? Pittsburgh was pretty lucky to be fair.
Rare in-game action on the Ravens. Don't trust GB in games like this; I don't see them blowing this open.

I couldn't resist Carolina when it got to 14 with the Bills OL issues. Oh well. Mostly on fire. Thought the wrong teams were favored in the Indy & Pittsburgh games early in the week, bet them both, they both flipped to favored, and both won. When does that ever happen? Pittsburgh was pretty lucky to be fair.
Rare in-game action on the Ravens. Don't trust GB in games like this; I don't see them blowing this open.
Didn't look up the stats but in the past 2 years GB has not been a good road favorite outside the division. Last year got whacked by SF, this year lost opening day to Saints and this win but no cover.

Bears td on last play!? Had a 5leg teaser riding on +10. Good to be on the right side of a bad beat for once. Although I heard our ref friends from the Bucs game last week were prominently involved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom