Sports Gambling Thread | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Sports Gambling Thread

Fanduel seems to do a good job at that. They cashed my "Chiefs to Make + Cardinals to Miss" parlay and Rams to miss playoff bets weeks ago.
I can't believe some of these other shyster books. Aside from the ethics I don't see how a nominal amount (it can't be that significant a number) is worth alienating customers.

before they even play Baltimore?
Yeah it's kinda weird. I have over bets on Philly and NYJ that have already been clinched but have not been paid. I guess they have the 17 games played requirement that the divisional bet must not have.

The season total bets don't pay out until season is over even if you clinched it weeks ago. I'm collecting on 5 of my 7 season win total bets tomorrow. I won Tampa under, Arizona under, Chicago under, Tennessee under, Baltimore over. I lost on Jets under and Cowboys under.

Wednesday 1/11 college hoops

Alabama/Arkansas over 153.5
UMass -8.5 vs LaSalle
Texas A&M (unranked) -4.5 vs #20 Missouri **system play**

Started using betstamp with my Caesar’s account. So cool.

Right now Buffalo is +320 to win the SB while Philly is +340. Buffalo still has to win today and then win next week at a neutral site. Meanwhile Philly is already in the NFC title game and at home to boot. That makes zero sense that the Bills should be the favorite to win the SB over Philly right now.

Bills/Cincy over 48 (got it earlier this week) is my lock of the century...of the week.

Buffalo played 19 games this year and was favored in every single game. They covered seven of those games. Every week bettors inflated the Bills' lines right up through the last game without ever adjusting downward.

Anyone get a 1099 from DK/FD or one of those? Just wondering if they are gonna send them out like the legally should or we are expected to go looking for them.

Still seems dumb to pay taxes on winnings when you actually lose money during a yr. its not like its profit..

Grabbed Liberty to win the WNBA +250 5 seconds after the Stewart news and it’s down to +120 on Caesars I feel sharp

This week I started to bet every game where a top 25 was on the road playing a non top 25 team. Took the home team each time and so far on the week I was 5-1 or 6-1 (before today). I didn't count the numbers but it seems the trend this year.

Today Georgetown has covered, and Virginia Tech which was -1, has won. So I am now 8-1 (or 7-1)

For the rest of the day I have:
#15 TCU at Oklahoma St (-4)
#4 Alabama at LSU (+11.5)
#19 Florida Atlantic at Charlotte (+5)

I wanted to start this strategy (or half spread / half money) from the beginning of January. But various issues with moving betting sites caused delays. Does anybody know a good site that shows past spreads?

Last edited:
This week I started to bet every game where a top 25 was on the road playing a non top 25 team. Took the home team each time and so far on the week I was 5-1 or 6-1 (before today). I didn't count the numbers but it seems the trend this year.

Today Georgetown has covered, and Virginia Tech which was -1, has won. So I am now 8-1 (or 7-1)

For the rest of the day I have:
#15 Texas Tech at Oklahoma St (-4)
#4 Alabama at LSU (+11.5)
#19 Florida Atlantic at Charlotte (+5)

I wanted to start this strategy (or half spread / half money) from the beginning of January. But various issues with moving betting sites caused delays. Does anybody know a good site that shows past spreads?
I think you meant to say TCU at OK State.

I think you meant to say TCU at OK State.

Correct - and that one is looking good early as well. OK St up 24-13.

I heard about this angle years, over a decade ago. Immediately thought it made sense. I suspect it's less effective now as lines have become more efficient (plus Homecourt means less) and you're on the right side of variance so far on a small sample. Still interesting to keep track of.

The amount of money that is being spent on advertising in Ohio for sports betting must be insane. There are ads constantly on the radio and tv.
They go away after year 1 when the market matures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom