Sports Gambling Thread | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

Sports Gambling Thread

Anyone get a 1099 from DK/FD or one of those? Just wondering if they are gonna send them out like the legally should or we are expected to go looking for them.

Still seems dumb to pay taxes on winnings when you actually lose money during a yr. its not like its profit..
Ya when I go to the tax form section only 2023 is listed?

I heard about this angle years, over a decade ago. Immediately thought it made sense. I suspect it's less effective now as lines have become more efficient (plus Homecourt means less) and you're on the right side of variance so far on a small sample. Still interesting to keep track of.

Lines have moved almost exclusively to KP based margin formulas in college basketball. This would not necessarily account for this "teams being more primed up" factor in general.

I have only done between Jan 1 and Jan 14 so far.
The Non Top 25 Home Teams are 25-10** against the spread
They are 17-18 straight up, which is pretty good since they are typically dogs.
** I had to guess on a few lines, which I will cross verify once I do the final tally - still trying to find a site with old lines.

I will run this to until the end of today, later tonight. Will try to calculate winnings if bet $100 on each game via spread and money.

This could purely be a one year anomaly as well, but it would have worked well this year!

There are a ton of systems that work well for 2-3 yrs and then blow up. Many of the model guys try to tweak systems and then fail miserably. I follow alot of people on sites who had great 100+ unit yrs and now since covid have given it all back.

One of the hardest things to do is to retro test a model. the years of things just grinding out winnings like it did 20 yrs ago seems to be gone.

Counted the numbers up - some I had to do an educated guess on without the data - but I have the count at 60-37 against the spread since Jan 1. Its a comment on how chaotic this particular NCAA conference season has been, and as I said could be purely an anomaly.

Also punishing myself as this was my plan from the beginning of the year when I was going to take advantage of some free bonuses on new sites in Ontario (and just bet on a number of games to use up the required turns), but had some tech issues which delayed it.

I'm a very casual gambler. Not making or losing much in any given year. So it gives me some interesting to follow as a college basketball fan, and of course when I have a non rooting interest would always prefer the top 25 team to lose for the chaos of it all.

So I will continue to ride this until it falls below 55% (for the bets I have made).. at which point I will stop.

Last edited:
Also straight up the non top 25 home teams are 41-56. I suspect its also a healthy profit, but it really depends on the mix.

My Super Duper Triple Star Pick of the Century.

Detroit Pistons +11.5 vs Toronto Raptors.
Casey's Super Bowl on Super Bowl Sunday
I took Detroit at extended odds +6.5 for +225

Dwight Casey as Detroit Coach is 9-4 Straight Up against Toronto since the beginning of the 2018/2019 season. (which was immediately after he had been fired by Toronto)
He despises Nick Nurse, the assistant who replaced him after he was fired.
Detroit has not been good the last 5 years (121 games below 500)
Toronto in those 5 years were well above .500 (59 games above 500)'
Despite that they are 9-4 straight up on those 5 years.

Finally Toronto is a mess internally right now.

Last edited:

Dwight Casey as Detroit Coach is 9-4 Straight Up against Toronto since the beginning of the 2018/2019 season. (which was immediately after he had been fired by Toronto)
Toronto in those 5 years were well above .500 (59 games above 500)

Toronto is a mess internally right now.

Late breaking curveball before the game.

Casey despises Nick Nurse (the assistant who replaced him). Nick Nurse had to leave Toronto for a family issue, so he is not coaching. Nurse has also systems wise been not so good this year,

Kelce took it right down to the wire for me. So freaking pumped
B0BE5705-A5B0-4161-8B77-5E03EE3F21F2.jpeg

I took Detroit at extended odds +6.5 for +225

He despises Nick Nurse, the assistant who replaced him after he was fired.
Toronto in those 5 years were well above .500 (59 games above 500)'
Despite that they are 9-4 straight up on those 5 years.

Finally Toronto is a mess internally right now.

Detroit lost by 1 point. So my +6.5 at +187 paid out. (Not sure why I thought I got +225 when I bet)

Casey was intense the entire game - and the end of the game he went off on the refs. He hates Toronto so much since they fired him, and to his credit he gets his players to play really hard for him on those games.

Kelce took it right down to the wire for me. So freaking pumped View attachment 225004
That's awesome. Enjoy the reward. I had a similar one on the same platform but I missed out.

Kelce TD-yes
Hurts TD-yes
Kelce over 40 receiving yards-yes
Hurts over 200 passing yards-yes
Mahomes over 225 passing yards. No. unfortunately the Chiefs running games was very effective and Mahomes didn't need to throw the ball. Who would have thought the Chiefs had to come from behind to score 38 points and Mahomes only throws for 183. I was rooting hard for OT.

Sorry for the late viewpoint as game is just about to tip - try to get a live in play bet early!

Take Orlando +7.5 at Toronto
The Raptors are a mess -losing or just beating marginal teams recently. Chemistry stinks, players probably can't wait to leave and go to ASB.
Orlando is 2-0 against Toronto this year and are playing decently recently.

Hate betting against my Raptors - but this team is just not it.

Had a 4 team money line parlay (Bama, Zona, Kansas, Miami) go up in smoke due to this:

Heard it live in car on radio. Now that I've seen it holy crap was that some awful defense. I get not wanting to foul but no pressure at all after the catch?

Had a 4 team money line parlay (Bama, Zona, Kansas, Miami) go up in smoke due to this:

Heard it live in car on radio. Now that I've seen it holy crap was that some awful defense. I get not wanting to foul but no pressure at all after the catch?
Come on man. That’s just bad luck

Already fired on Missouri +1.5 over Utah St. from the fraudulent Mountain West. Once I see Nevada's play in game odds I'll be fading them as well.

I hope everyone kept the MWC fade going with Mizzou. Got COC +5.5 over SDSU and will fire on NW vs Boise. I don’t care what the line is

Knicks -4.5
Lakers/Bulls Over 227
Ayton under 9.5 rebounds

$1,000,000 on Charlotte +15 at home vs the Raptors.

Raptors are much better at home than the road (higher than normal spread).

Sure the Hornets stink. Not even bothering to look who the Hornets are playing tonight - its probably some G-League Crap . I'm sure its a bad lineup, but 15 is a lot of points especially on the road and on a 1:00 Sunday game when it can be sloppy.

The $1,000,000 was actually $100... about the most I will bet on any event.

Last edited:
This morning I was looking at odds to win the American League - Houston and NY were the favorites at +350 and Tampa Bay was +450. I know there is plenty of baseball left to be played but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

This morning I was looking at odds to win the American League - Houston and NY were the favorites at +350 and Tampa Bay was +450. I know there is plenty of baseball left to be played but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Yankees most public team, their odds will always be deflated.

Yankees most public team, their odds will always be deflated.
yup. they always protect themselves against teams that tend to take alot of action by giving those teams crappy odds, knowing stooges will still bet them.

Weekday baseball is dangerous when this degenerate is working from home. In 7th inning of a Rockies @ Pirates game I threw some $ on live under 9.5 runs because why not

Looking for some help. Recently switched from SPECTRUM to FIOS.

Used to be able to bet on my computer all the time, the GEOCOMPLY feature would verify my location no issue. I go to sign in today to DraftKings and Caesers and the GEOCOMPLY won't verify my location and won't let me bet. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it. Nothing

Any idea what the issue is? I can bet on my phone, so no issue there, but I usually like betting at my desktop. I googled troubleshooting ideas and couldn't find one that works

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom