Sports Gambling Thread | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Sports Gambling Thread

I was a big critic of Carr in his last couple Raiders seasons. Now I’m taking his Saints-3 and Cleveland/Pitt under 39.5

That got me an L in my pick 5 vs the spread every week pool. With gambling legal most everywhere the announcers were still too afraid to talk openly about the spread impact and just chuckled
Had the same on a 4 teamer

BetRivers just limited me to $100.10 on Drexel +500 to win the CAA when I tried to get down $200. LMAO.

What a joke of a sports book

Last edited by a moderator:
ESPN Bet is starting up soon, not sure if it is available in NY State. Considering it's the old Barstool Sports book I am guessing no at first, unless they were able to get access in NY

BetRivers just limited me to $100.10 on Drexel +500 to win the CAA when I tried to get down $200. LMAO.

What a joke of a sports book
809804846.jpg

Do you mean Bet rivahs?

Maybe I am way too down on the Raptors (my team) and too high on Wembenyama, but it seems crazy for the Raptors to be 3.5 point favourites in San Antonio.

Take San Antonio.

Maybe I am way too down on the Raptors (my team) and too high on Wembenyama, but it seems crazy for the Raptors to be 3.5 point favourites in San Antonio.

Take San Antonio.

San Antonio was up 22 points, and up 19 at the half, 15 at the end of the third.. Was feeling good (about the bet anyway), but pissed at the Raps.

But the Raps came back, tied the game with 1.2 seconds left, and then won by 7 in OT.
Scottie Barnes was awesome.

Take the good with the bad.

Opening night of college hoops. What'll have what'll have? I'm going with the following:

Oregon -6.5 vs UGA (game played in Vegas)
Princeton +5.5 vs Rutgers (game played in Trenton, also betting on general principle)
Colorado -14.5 vs Towson

Opening night of college hoops. What'll have what'll have? I'm going with the following:

Oregon -6.5 vs UGA (game played in Vegas)
Princeton +5.5 vs Rutgers (game played in Trenton, also betting on general principle)
Colorado -14.5 vs Towson
1699454310102.png

2 system plays tonight
Ohio St -1.5 vs Texas A&M
BYU -2.5 vs San Diego St

Also Tennessee-2.5 @ Wisconsin
Money Line parlay Vandy, NC St., Oregon St., Miami FL, Duke, Gonzaga +208

Bets to make this TNF barely watchable.

Tease Pats +13.5 and Over 23.5 for -144

Parlay: 23-1
Steelers ML
Pit Defense anytime TD
Zappe Under 154.5 passing
Elliot under 59.5 rushing

I'm definitely about to be stiffed for a four figure week from a local. Is it acceptable to go scorched earth if I am not paid by Sunday?

I'm many things but I pay my debts. Not much pisses me off more than thieves.

you can be stiffed by locals just as easy as you can be stiffed by off shores and be stiffed by DK or Fanduel. Not much you can do about of any of them the way the system works.

I'm definitely about to be stiffed for a four figure week from a local. Is it acceptable to go scorched earth if I am not paid by Sunday?

I'm many things but I pay my debts. Not much pisses me off more than thieves.
How can they expect to continue to receive action if this is how they do business ?

I cant even use my laptop to make bets anymore because geocomply has issues with something running on my machine.. Support is useless. Their answer is using another device.

Betting on phones is a terrible mechanism, searching is hard, phones have a terrible interface, and trying to do live betting just doesn't work well.

Random EPL bet I heard on a podcast for this afternoon. Brighton Over 5.5 corners vs Tottenham. I'd rather do that than bet on a bowl game with 2nd / 3rd stringers playing each other.

LSU -6.5 1st Half
Oregon / Liberty Over 67.5
Tennessee-5.5
Alabama ML

In the past week I have been casually dabbling (as my bets always are in terms of small size) the following specific bets -- builds off the top 25 teams on the road variations.
Involves road games of the following, and picking against that school.
- Non P6 teams in top 25
- Non P6 schools that are top of their conference per KP

The rationale is that while not top 25 schools, these conference mates are targeted by fans and players when they arrive. Even if its likely a smaller arena - those can get quite loud.
Also the thinking is that KP is still a bit wild this early in the year so thinking in general the top teams in those conferences, which might have more "schedule" pull, could be inflated a bit compared to others in those conference. I have never seen anybody suggest this but that I would try this approach at least for the first half of January.

So far those schools are 19-8 and about to go 20-8. Many of these games have been outright wins despite being dogs.

Here were my picks for today:

South Dakota St at Denver (+2.5)
Stone Cold Stephen Austin at Southern Utah (+6.5)
Seattle at UT Arlington (-1.5)
Southern at Florida A&M (+5)
Colgate at Bucknell (+9)
Morehead at SIU Edwardsville (+5)
Drexel at Elon (+7.5)
Oakland at IUPUI (+12.5)
Merrimack at Lemoyne (+4)
San Diego St at New Mexico (-3.5)
Utah St at UNLV (+2.5)
Weber St at Portland St (+5.5)

EDIT - Did not include the 2 non P6 top 25 schools playing initially
EDIT - Also included Weber St the leaders of the Big Sky who I had not put in initially. They are playing at 7:00

Let's see if this trend continues.

Last edited:
Further to the above I have bet against all top 25 on the road for the past week or so.. (with a very rare exceptions on lines I don't like - for example not touching Texas A&M -3.5 vs Kentucky).

This was actually very successful last year for the first 3 weeks of January conference play.

So far its 15-10 in the games I have done.
There is 8 such games today, but as noted above I am passing on Kentucky at Texas A&M.
First game about to be completed has Georgia at +8, winning outright vs Tennessee.

EDITED - to make clear I bet against the top 25 teams, since it was very poorly worded!

Last edited:
Further to the above I have taken all top 25 on the road for the past week or so.. (with a very rare exceptions on lines I don't like - for example not touching Texas A&M -3.5 vs Kentucky).

This was actually very successful last year for the first 3 weeks of January conference play.

There is 8 such games today, but as noted above I am passing on Kentucky at Texas A&M.
First game about to be completed has Georgia at +8, winning outright vs Tennessee.
by taking. you mean bet against the top 25 team traveling.

by taking. you mean bet against the top 25 team traveling.

Correct - bet on home team (the non top 25 team)... only for the first 3 weeks or so of conference play - based on fact that teams haven't play many tough road games yet.

Top 25 road teams are 0-5 against the spread today (making me 4-0 in those bets ... as noted above I didn't take A&M against UK -- should have stuck to the system)

On my other list of 12 games (betting against the top non P6 teams who are on the road), I started 5-1-1, but it is now 5-3-1.

Further to the above I have taken all top 25 on the road for the past week or so.. (with a very rare exceptions on lines I don't like - for example not touching Texas A&M -3.5 vs Kentucky).

Anybody go with the 8 bet parlay against the top 25 teams on the road today?
You would have won!!!
I just did straight up though (and avoided the UK game) so went 7-0.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom