Spring Football starts March 30 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Football starts March 30

Per his Nike Sparq combine, I believe he was.(west of the Mississippi) Add in the entire country, and there were 3 kids faster.
So he was caught from behind on that one run (that lives in infamy) by 1 of the 3 other faster kids in America?

I hate to lose anybody that could contribute, but let’s pump the breaks, if I had to pick between him and Tucker, I choose Tucker 100%

Last edited:
So he was caught from behind on that one run that lives in infamy by 1 of the 3 other faster faster kids in America?

I hate to lose anybody that could contribute, but let’s pump the breaks, if I had to pick between him and Tucker, I choose Tucker 100%
I don't see it as needing to be an either/or. I wish we could have both like other teams do. How many times have other teams brought in a back up that just kept things going against us, or put multiple threats in the field that we had to acount for? Jordan could have contributed to that. Oh well.

Last edited:
I don't see it as needing to be an either or. I wish we could have both like other teams do. How many times have other teams brought in a back up that just kept things going against us, or put multiple threats in the field that we had to acount for? Jordan could have contributed to that. Oh well.
Oh I want both, I also want Cisco, Trill, Iffy,...I wanted Tjax and on and on

I am just responding to the hyperbole that is fueling the negative outlook

2 other things can also be true

We lost a good (maybe great?) player and we ALSO may still be able to get the offense back on track (>35pts/game)

TEs aren't often featured

Sterlin GIlbert Tight End Numbers
NAME GAMES CATCHES YARDS TD

2012 Eastern Illinois
Eric Luhrsen 12 2 16 0
Sam Hendricks 8 37 306 2

2013 Eastern Illinois

2014 Bowling Green
Chris Pohlman 14 2 11 0

2015 Tulsa
Mandel Dixon 11 4 29 0

2016 Texas
Caleb Bluiett 11 2 11 0
Andrew Beck 12 4 82 2

2017 South Florida
Elkanah Dillon 12 11 119 0
Mitchell Wilcox 11 17 158 2

2018 South Florida
Jacob Mathis 9 3 15 0
Mitchell Wilcox 12 43 540 2

2019 McNeese State
Dontay Hargrove 5 2 -1 0
Jacob Logan 12 3 32 0
Louis Conerly 12 1

2020 Cuse
Hackett 10 Rec
Benson 6 Rec

5 seasons where TEs accounted for 6 rec or less.
*per Nunes
This is exactly why I dont think Hackett is a big loss. Has nothing to do with ability. Its more about how much receiving production we get from the position. We dont feature the TE like that. Its more for blocking. Thats where Elmore comes in. Benson will continue to improve his blocking. Only time we seem to look for the TE as receiving threat is inside the 10. We run a lot of RPO's and Shovel passes (which is another form of power).

Pat Davis, a four-year reserve lineman, plans to play out his senior season this fall even if he is selected in next month’s Canadian Football League draft, his mother confirmed. Davis outlined his intentions to a Canadian newspaper earlier this spring.
Pat is a projected 1st round CFL draft choice. He has limited film, but it's good.

This is exactly why I dont think Hackett is a big loss. Has nothing to do with ability. Its more about how much receiving production we get from the position. We dont feature the TE like that. Its more for blocking. Thats where Elmore comes in. Benson will continue to improve his blocking. Only time we seem to look for the TE as receiving threat is inside the 10. We run a lot of RPO's and Shovel passes (which is another form of power).
I just like having a piece like Hackett or Benson in the game over Elmore because we become less predictable. You know that for the 1-2 times a year they pass it to Elmore, he's not going anywhere. Hackett was very... dare I say Multiple?

Can click on google translate for it to be translated to English-Wi,Wi.

Un autre en anglais!
(Brève mention comme choix de première ronde)

I just like having a piece like Hackett or Benson in the game over Elmore because we become less predictable. You know that for the 1-2 times a year they pass it to Elmore, he's not going anywhere. Hackett was very... dare I say Multiple?
I agree. It takes a litttle bit of predictable element away. We don’t pass the ball to the TE much anyways. Acc defensive coordinators know that. It would be nice to see the TE’s used more in the pass game though.

Edit. Also want to add, when Rhino is in the game we will have 3 Wr’s along with a RB in the game which all can be receiving threats with Rhino in there. Hopefully he can force safeties to invert and stop the run. That will allow us to get favorable match up in the pass game.

Last edited:
Has anyone watched ant other spring games? FSU repeat on ACCN right now. With fans.

This is well said. Exactly my thoughts as well.

Well, if Queely is remotely close to Alec Lemon, and Taj gets just a bit better, our offense is suddenly looking a lot better. We have to use the TEs, though. Use the whole offense. Use 2 RB formations once in a while. Our offensive play calling seemed terrible last year. I know so many guys were hurt, but that's when you have to open up the playbook, that's when you need trickery, or change of pace.

Well, if Queely is remotely close to Alec Lemon, and Taj gets just a bit better, our offense is suddenly looking a lot better. We have to use the TEs, though. Use the whole offense. Use 2 RB formations once in a while. Our offensive play calling seemed terrible last year. I know so many guys were hurt, but that's when you have to open up the playbook, that's when you need trickery, or change of pace.
Opening things up last year was hard to do when the oline was a mash unit, we had to play our true freshman 3rd string QB that started the season on the practice squad, we prmarily played a true freshman RB (who may have been the most talented one we had but still had to learn the offense), there was no spring for the OC to get to know his veteran players, and the preseason was interrupted. You can't get complicated with play calling when all of that happens.

If we look predictable and/or disorganized this year, I'll be much more concerned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom