Spring Football starts March 30 | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Football starts March 30

I think the covid restrictions have made this lack of info common with teams. Down here in NC I have seen/heard next to nothing about Wake, NC St, or Duke spring football.
Duke had their spring game on the ACC network today

Duke had their spring game on the ACC network today
Yes. But y'all are talking as if there is all this reporting from Spring practices out there for all these other teams. I haven't seen any for the schools here in NC...or for VT.

Yes. But y'all are talking as if there is all this reporting from Spring practices out there for all these other teams. I haven't seen any for the schools here in NC...or for VT.
But UNC, NC State and VT didn’t go 1-10 last year.

Bingo. I said this is another forum and people got upset. Dino is allowed to do it. Why would he change his strategy if he thinks it helps his team?
You posted elsewhere he’s not doing it for that reason

how could he think it possibly helps the team when we're 6-17 the last 2 seasons?
WHAT Schmidt's talking to the media???! Now we're going to be 9 and 26!!:rolleyes:
I hear you man. I know we havent been good but it doesnt mean he does everything wrong or dont know the best way to keep his team focused.

Get me their address (email or otherwise), and I will gladly do so. Not sure who exactly to direct such a message to
Jwildhac
It won't show the email when I post it as one (another Dino control mechanism:)), but it's Jwildhac followed by @ and then syr.edu
Like anything, the more people that say something, the more it shows that it matters to fans.

Last edited:
Yes...but the covid restrictions for access to spring practices are in effect for NC, VA and NY.
Oh I’m not even advocating for an in-person spring game. I’m all for adhering to covid safety. Just maybe having two cameras record part of the scrimmage. They don’t even have to broadcast their super secret plays

All the secrets will be released on September 4th at Ohio - I can wait. If Dino thinks that’s a good thing I’m in.

The only starter that matters is the head coach. He needs to win and he is making a call.

The only starter that matters is the head coach. He needs to win and he is making a call.

i agree none of this stuff matters just have to put a better product out there and win some games

You posted- it has nothing to do with wins and losses. It's just how he prefers it.
That was my opinion. I have no idea what Dino is actually thinking. Im not in his meetings lol. Its obvious to every one that he is tight knit and doesnt want a lot of media around. He's been that way day 1 at Cuse. I was trying to add different perspectives. As a coach and as a fan. My whole point was the AD has not stopped him for shutting people out so why would Dino stop? Did I not say " Until ticket sales get low and Dino is threatened. Why would he change the way he does things? "

Next Saturday for a couple hours we can all close our eyes and picture the fastest offense we've ever seen and a defense that is relentless and pretend we're watching the spring game. We could even post about our visions on here. When should we schedule it? Is noon too early? Do people want to tailgate before?

I'm wondering if it is mainly because they don't want to post depth charts as to reduce the likelihood of some more players hitting the portal when they know where they stand currently.

It is ridiculous that they are releasing zero information. At least give us a friggin roster with new numbers and measurables. A few 20 second highlight clips doesn't cut it. Sure there will not be many fans interested in going to a spring game but some will. Its one piece that contributes to getting die hard fans. I went to spring games with my Dad when i was younger and it certainly contributed to me being a die hard now.
That's also my theory on any sort of depth chart. Predict there will be an unusually high number of "ors" when a chart is released.

Amen. Would love to take 2 of my boys to a spring game. Would be cool if they did the autograph thing, but with covid, I get it. I just want some live football for a couple of hours.
This used to be a rite of spring when my boys were young. They were excited to see the players up close and personal and strengthened their fandom, which lasts to this day. I also used to bring my nephew from Ottawa , who remains to this day a big Orange fan. Such an important activity to build a future fan base.Sad not to see it continue. Sigh

This used to be a rite of spring when my boys were young. They were excited to see the players up close and personal and strengthened their fandom, which lasts to this day. I also used to bring my nephew from Ottawa , who remains to this day a big Orange fan. Such an important activity to build a future fan base.Sad not to see it continue. Sigh

Agree. I get that COVID part of it limits what you can do to some degree, but these events are a good way to build the fan base.

geesh.. we dont have a fan base.. we have a couple hundred people on a chat board.. spring games were created for money for big fan bases.. turns out we dont have one and even having the game cost them money in a good yr to get 5k in the dome if they had a lax game with it..

with all the hastle and coaches losing a practice to please a few people why bother...

geesh.. we dont have a fan base.. we have a couple hundred people on a chat board.. spring games were created for money for big fan bases.. turns out we dont have one and even having the game cost them money in a good yr to get 5k in the dome if they had a lax game with it..

with all the hastle and coaches losing a practice to please a few people why bother...
Its the program’s job to generate fan interest. They did a great job between 2018-2019, and we saw season ticket sales increase by +10,000 seasons sold.

The effort since has been negligent.

Its the program’s job to generate fan interest. They did a great job between 2018-2019, and we saw season ticket sales increase by +10,000 seasons sold.

The effort since has been negligent.
much of that was driven off thinking the team would be good and demand for Clemson type game would make it hard to get in the building.. even then how many showed up for the spring game.

i agree they could market it better but in the 90s when it was rolling there still was not much demand to go..

They can facebook live one of the scrimmages over at manley. We'd all be fine with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom