Class of 2015 - Spring Game recruits | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Spring Game recruits

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
Wanted to post something earlier, but I've been sick all week with the flu (probably shouldn't have even gone to the game) and took a long nap post-game.

First impressions -- definitely seemed like an organized group of recruits that they were targeting for this game. You can always tell who they are putting special emphasis on by the actions of the coaches and staff around certain recruits (I will never forget Coach Lea sticking like glue to Colton Moskal at last year's game for example.).

When I first got there I noticed a large contingent from Farrell HS in the stands which is Rob Trudo's alma mater. I counted at least 20 kids there, but none with name tags or down on the field with the "preferred recruits." Even if none of them are being actively recruited, it was nice to see so many kids from a Pittsburgh area school there.

I did notice 4 people wearing blue/grey sweats with UC logo that I didn't initially identify. Later found out it was WR/S Daiquan Kelly, RB/Cb Nawall Rojas and RB Jonathan Castellano. The other guy with them looked familiar and saw from his name tag that it was former SU player Keeon Walker who is on the staff at Union City. Coach Shafer took some time pre-game to come over and hang out with this grouping.

As many know IL OL Cody Conway was in town and I got a chance to bump into him and his father in the hallway. They said they are very impressed by everything so far that they have seen. Have a hunch we will be in this with them until the end.

It has been reported that Lawrence HS RB Jordan Fredericks was offered during his visit. He was here with his mother and two brothers. I did see his mom bonding with Adrian Flemming's mother during the 2nd half so that has to be a good thing.

{EDIT -- Completely forgot about OL Justin Hunter from Country Day HS in Michigan. Kind of quiet during the game (not bad, just seemed to be taking it all in compared to some of the other recruits). }

On the field afterwards, I also observed Coach Adam with a OL from Dumore HS in PA. With further research it is 6'3" 260lb Tim Drewes.

I do know that Jonathan Forrest was here and enjoyed himself. He made the trip with asst coach Keith Fagen from New Rochelle. I am always a fan when coaches also make the trip to help further build those relationships into possible pipelines.

More sightings from NJ: S D'Won Walker from St. Peter's Prep; RB Rob Ennis from Millville NJ and LB Drew Wiley (and his dad) from Hopewell Valley.

Also getting a lot of attention was OLB Troy Henderson from St Edwards in Lakewood, OH. He was there with his dad as well as another kid from St Edwards wearing a track jacket (Edit -- Nod to the post-standard for identifying Ibrahim Mohamed). Eric White stuck to them like glue in the pre-game and visited with them twice during the game.

Another Rochester kid that was in attendance (not sure how good he is, but he is big) is Noah Dehond, 6'8" 320 lb OL from Mcquaid.

Last recruit that I identified was 2016 Darrius Harris from Olney, PA.

There were others there, but couldn't identify them at first site and missed them post-game to try and get more info. Some other school identifiers: Fort Hamilton(NY); Chippewa Falls (OH) and Central Catholic (PA).

Will continue to dig up more if I can...

One more thing, great to see such a large contingent of new signees there (Naes, Zaire, Colton, Denzel, Aaron Roberts, Erv, Rodney & KJ that I saw), plus former players like Zian Jones, Jay Bromley, Mackey, Marquis Spruill, Andrew Tiller, Antwon Bailey, Steve Rene, Doug Hogue, David Stevens, Steve Gregory and more also supporting the team.

Last edited:
I was waiting on this all afternoon. Hope you feel better soon. Quality report and thanks so much for taking the time for us out if towners!

This is really good stuff. I was there and you are right on with the visitors. You saw everything or more than I saw. Did you notice the size of Conway's dad? One big fella.

BlnXuQ8CQAEmk_W.jpg:large

Erv, Aaron, Denzel.
Aaron and Denzel are big boys.

Last edited:
I was hoping wed see a few more NFL players. Maybe in the future we can work towards having NFL players as coaches in the spring game - Art and Chandler Jones, Shamarko, Pugh

I was hoping wed see a few more NFL players. Maybe in the future we can work towards having NFL players as coaches in the spring game - Art and Chandler Jones, Shamarko, Pugh
I agree. It definitely helps with recruiting. I get tired of hearing about all of rutgers NFL guys who come back for their spring game

Heck of an idea!

does it look like Erv has put on some size and weight

I was thinking the same thing.

I think when the recruits that have signed come to these games, it opens their eyes as to what it takes to play D1 ball. I think that was what Edouard was talking about in the article about him. That and getting along with your team.

This is really good stuff. I was there and you are right on with the visitors. You saw everything or more than I saw. Did you notice the size of Conway's dad? One big fella.
Thanks. I did meet Mr. Conway and agree.

does it look like Erv has put on some size and weight
I only saw him sitting, but see the picture someone else posted that includes Erv for comparisons.

Denzel look like he gained weight. It didnt look like good weight.
I think HCSS said in an interview last week that Ward was currently 6'7" and 358 pounds.

Looks like he's getting a little soft around the middle. Even his face looks puffier.

Wanted to post something earlier, but I've been sick all week with the flu (probably shouldn't have even gone to the game) and took a long nap post-game.

First impressions -- definitely seemed like an organized group of recruits that they were targeting for this game. You can always tell who they are putting special emphasis on by the actions of the coaches and staff around certain recruits (I will never forget Coach Lea sticking like glue to Colton Moskal at last year's game for example.).

When I first got there I noticed a large contingent from Farrell HS in the stands which is Rob Trudo's alma mater. I counted at least 20 kids there, but none with name tags or down on the field with the "preferred recruits." Even if none of them are being actively recruited, it was nice to see so many kids from a Pittsburgh area school there.

I did notice 4 people wearing blue/grey sweats with UC logo that I didn't initially identify. Later found out it was WR/S Daiquan Kelly, RB/Cb Nawall Rojas and RB Jonathan Castellano. The other guy with them looked familiar and saw from his name tag that it was former SU player Keeon Walker who is on the staff at Union City. Coach Shafer took some time pre-game to come over and hang out with this grouping.

As many know IL OL Cody Conway was in town and I got a chance to bump into him and his father in the hallway. They said they are very impressed by everything so far that they have seen. Have a hunch we will be in this with them until the end.

It has been reported that Lawrence HS RB Jordan Fredericks was offered during his visit. He was here with his mother and two brothers. I did see his mom bonding with Adrian Flemming's mother during the 2nd half so that has to be a good thing.

{EDIT -- Completely forgot about OL Justin Hunter from Country Day HS in Michigan. Kind of quiet during the game (not bad, just seemed to be taking it all in compared to some of the other recruits). }

On the field afterwards, I also observed Coach Adam with a OL from Dumore HS in PA. With further research it is 6'3" 260lb Tim Drewes.

I do know that Jonathan Forrest was here and enjoyed himself. He made the trip with asst coach Keith Fagen from New Rochelle. I am always a fan when coaches also make the trip to help further build those relationships into possible pipelines.

More sightings from NJ: S D'Won Walker from St. Peter's Prep; RB Rob Ennis from Millville NJ and LB Drew Wiley (and his dad) from Hopewell Valley.

Also getting a lot of attention was OLB Troy Henderson from St Edwards in Lakewood, OH. He was there with his dad as well as another kid from St Edwards wearing a track jacket (Edit -- Nod to the post-standard for identifying Ibrahim Mohamed). Eric White stuck to them like glue in the pre-game and visited with them twice during the game.

Another Rochester kid that was in attendance (not sure how good he is, but he is big) is Noah Dehond, 6'8" 320 lb OL from Mcquaid.

Last recruit that I identified was 2016 Darrius Harris from Olney, PA.

There were others there, but couldn't identify them at first site and missed them post-game to try and get more info. Some other school identifiers: Fort Hamilton(NY); Chippewa Falls (OH) and Central Catholic (PA).

Will continue to dig up more if I can...

One more thing, great to see such a large contingent of new signees there (Naes, Zaire, Colton, Denzel, Aaron Roberts, Erv, Rodney & KJ that I saw), plus former players like Zian Jones, Jay Bromley, Mackey, Marquis Spruill, Andrew Tiller, Antwon Bailey, Steve Rene, Doug Hogue, David Stevens, Steve Gregory and more also supporting the team.

Thanks for all the excellent work you did. You are pretty #hardnosed after all Rick!

Timmy
Drewes
DUNMORE HIGH SCHOOL
Dunmore, PA
CLASS: 2015
height: 6'4" weight: 275
77103952.jpg

CLASS
'15

Looks like this kid visited this weekend also.

Dunmore HS is located near the city of Scranton, a stone's throw from where I-380 meets I-81. They have had a couple of players make it to the NFL, including long time Miami Dolphin center Tim Ruddy.

Syracuse recruited an OL hard out of there last year named James McHale, a free thinker who astonished the college football world when he turned down Syracuse to attend Temple.

Timmy
Drewes
DUNMORE HIGH SCHOOL
Dunmore, PA
CLASS: 2015
height: 6'4" weight: 275
77103952.jpg

CLASS
'15

Looks like this kid visited this weekend also.

Yup, I had him in the report. Coach Adam was talking to him post-game.

One more thing... A former SU player stopped by the golf course I work at part-time at yesterday to take advantage of the great weather to play a few holes. I talked to him a little about the spring game and recruiting and mentioned the contingent from Union City and how great it was that Keeon Walker was now a coach there. The football alum said that it had been about 15 yrs since someone from Syracuse had been in UC and that there a lot of kids there that would be interested in SU. The UC kids that came up had no idea how close SU really was (they thought it was like 6-7 hrs away) until Keeon suggested they drive up for the day. They loved that their parents could potentially come up for every home game if they ever played for SU. Think we have a great in there and that will be a regular player with future UC recruits. Also the player speaks very highly of Coach Acosta and what he is capable of bringing to the table in both recruiting and coaching.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom