Springsteen 9/7 & WMU 9/9 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Springsteen 9/7 & WMU 9/9

Technology has turned the industry completely upside down. Revenue used to be primarily from hard copy music sales whether vinyl, tapes or CDs. Tours promoted the lifeblood the artists reaped from sales. Now with streaming and piracy sales are minimal and the artists have to rely on tours for the bulk of their revenue.

223db0e3-06be-4f66-89d8-98ca5062f501_text.gif

as someone who has lost years off my life in the events/facilities/changeovers -- they could play football at noon the next day, and it would be fine.

It's a wild scene to be apart of, but give Pete & co a changeover deadline, and they'll never have a problem
There was a time stop (or whatever it's called) video that showed the changeover from hoops to football in 6 hours. Amazing to watch, the crew knows what to do and does it.

Yeah times have changed. In the 80's/90s we did get all the top tours (Police, Bruce, Pink Floyd & U2 (back to back weekends)The Who, The Stones, Prince, etc., but these things have gotten HUGE. The Dome is wedged in between arena's (20K) & mega-Stadiums (50K+) these days
Our advantage is weather is never a factor for a "near" NFL sized stadium

I'm hoping to be at both the concert and the game. My plan is to come for the first 2 home games. Escape the end of AZ summer, still warm in CNY, and then back for some of our best AZ weather in October. Hopefully this works with a trip with my husband to Toronto. Goal is that he comes for the first game, but probably not. He is a home body and probably will want to fly home after Toronto while I go to Cuse. Hoping my cousin from Saratoga meets me for the concert. Otherwise I am solo unless someone wants to add 2 to their tickets and if she doesn't come, I will get someone else to come.

There was a time stop (or whatever it's called) video that showed the changeover from hoops to football in 6 hours. Amazing to watch, the crew knows what to do and does it.

those changeovers can be done in their sleep at this point haha

the fun ones to watch are basketball to monster jam -- I remember showing up at 8pm tuesday night (basketball game tipped at 7) for prep work, then remember leaving a delirious mess at 630am thursday and going back at 7pm thursday night for final work for the saturday show

Actually he dropped out , unless he came back...
Hard to believe a Bon Jovi would not be a dedicated and outstanding student.

Okay, maybe not so hard to believe.

Hope he gets his act together and gets back on campus soon.

Actually his older kids went to Notre Dame and Hamilton. Really good students. This one had all of the COVID drama. Actually he might be back at SU. He had been living with his girlfriend at Purdue, Millie Bobby Brown, who is a famous actress. Maybe after the COVID restrictions lifted he returned to SU. I can't find that info right now.

I bet the kid is a very good student because his Dad has been an absolute business monster for 40 years.

Bon Jovi was never as much a band as it was a corporation headed by CEO John Bongiovi. The band members were always literally employees of Jon, not equal partners. I have a hunch he doesn't let his kids screw around.

Hopefully SU tells the ACC/ESPN the WMU game better be 3:30pm or later on the 9th

If the concert ends at 11:30 PM Thursday, I'll bet the Dome is cleared out by Noon Friday.

Set up takes forever, breaking down the set is easier.

For sure.

This discussion is a no-win for the Dome folks. If they announced that, say, Bad Bunny was doing a show you'd have a bunch of people here whining about "today's music sucks" and blah blah blah.

I mean, rock as a stadium-filling genre is dead for almost any band that started post-2000.

If you want to fill the Dome it's either going to be geriatric rockers, country artists or pop stars. The latter two would get all sorts of complaints from people on this board.
You’re greatly underestimating the ability of Bell Biv DeVoe to put butts in seats.

I bet the kid is a very good student because his Dad has been an absolute business monster for 40 years.

Bon Jovi was never as much a band as it was a corporation headed by CEO John Bongiovi. The band members were always literally employees of Jon, not equal partners. I have a hunch he doesn't let his kids screw around.

Yeah that kid ain't living the life of Tommy & Gina.

Stones played two nights, I did the wait a million hours thing for night two. Night one some guy in Sadler sold me a great seat for 10 bucks so i went across the street and saw them.
I graduated 1988 and came back to campus that weekend to get away from grad school. Had no idea Stones were plating. Arrived at frat about 5pm and someone said “you hear for the show?” When I said what show, he handed me a floor ticket. Great night.

Actually his older kids went to Notre Dame and Hamilton. Really good students. This one had all of the COVID drama. Actually he might be back at SU. He had been living with his girlfriend at Purdue, Millie Bobby Brown, who is a famous actress. Maybe after the COVID restrictions lifted he returned to SU. I can't find that info right now.

Lou Gossett's son was in my Newhouse classes back in the day. Seemed like a good student.

If he's dating Millie Bobby Brown he may have decided to drop out and transfer somewhere close to NYC or LA. Be a smart move.

I graduated 1988 and came back to campus that weekend to get away from grad school. Had no idea Stones were plating. Arrived at frat about 5pm and someone said “you hear for the show?” When I said what show, he handed me a floor ticket. Great night.

I called those back to campus weekends "2nd senior year".

Midway thru 3rd senior year I figured I needed to do something else, so I moved to DC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom