Springsteen 9/7 & WMU 9/9 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Springsteen 9/7 & WMU 9/9

For sure.

This discussion is a no-win for the Dome folks. If they announced that, say, Bad Bunny was doing a show you'd have a bunch of people here whining about "today's music sucks" and blah blah blah.

I mean, rock as a stadium-filling genre is dead for almost any band that started post-2000.

If you want to fill the Dome it's either going to be geriatric rockers, country artists or pop stars. The latter two would get all sorts of complaints from people on this board.
If SU was able to land a Bad Bunny it speaks to the viability of the Dome as a concert venue. In the Western Hemisphere at least, he's the biggest touring act next to Taylor Swift.

AC9416B5-2770-4F02-A5B4-EA4459F0ACCF.jpeg

Lou Gossett's son was in my Newhouse classes back in the day. Seemed like a good student.

If he's dating Millie Bobby Brown he may have decided to drop out and transfer somewhere close to NYC or LA. Be a smart move.
She is actually a student at Purdue...

I was at that one…..89-90 right?? Great show and I think Living Color opened which was good.

The back to back Pink Floyd - U2 concerts was an unbelievable feat to get those caliber of bands at the dome in a span of a week. I went to PF but couldn’t go to U2 as I had a football game at RFA that night…got our a$$es kicked too.
The Van Halen show in 1982 was fun. Wish I went to see Prince in ‘85…

I saw The Strokes 3rd show with about 30 people there. I agree I can’t imagine them playing the Dome, probably more like The Landmark. RHCP sure.

Did you go to RFA?

Yeah, he’s done so many bad things! Like not support the candidates that you like! How dare he!
I do love all the people who think Bruce changed and got super liberal as he aged. No, he was always that way. You just ignored his lyrics. Sometimes as a society we would all be better if we listened to what is actually being said and done Vs the talking points. Think for yourself and analyze what people are doing that benefits you or not.

I do love all the people who think Bruce changed and got super liberal as he aged. No, he was always that way. You just ignored his lyrics. Sometimes as a society we would all be better if we listened to what is actually being said and done Vs the talking points. Think for yourself and analyze what people are doing that benefits you or not.

Bruce and I probably voted the same way never. The guy is in the business of being Bruce Springsteen, writing and performing great songs. Seems like a decent enough salt as the next guy, with his own warts.

People who get disappointed in his politics or money making take it way too seriously.

Yeah, he’s done so many bad things! Like not support the candidates that you like! How dare he!
This has nothing to do with politics. Interesting that you would go there.

-For those asking about the world tours of Taylor Swift, etc. Taylor Swift is playing in NFL football stadiums. Acisure stadium for example holds 68,400 for an NFL game, so they will pay more than that in there with field seating for her concert. Elton John was sold out at 38K. So while it has been great to have some name brand world tours coming to Syracuse, it still doesn't have the capacity for the A++ list of world tours.
The Dome is still the largest indoor venue in the northeastern US.
If artists want to tour during October-March and include the northeast, then it should be a consideration.

My Dome concerts from back in the day (1981-1990): Journey, Foreigner, The Police, Van Halen, The Who, Genesis, Billy Joel
All preceded by Southside Johnny on the Quad in 1980. :)

The Dome is still the largest indoor venue in the northeastern US.
If artists want to tour during October-March and include the northeast, then it should be a consideration.

My Dome concerts from back in the day (1981-1990): Journey, Foreigner, The Police, Van Halen, The Who, Genesis, Billy Joel
All preceded by Southside Johnny on the Quad in 1980. :)
I never said it wasn't. I am just saying that the upper echelon of World Tours (i.e. Taylor Swift), want 70K events, not >40k venues.

An opinion is an individual expression. Others were giving theirs so I gave mine.
Opinions are better, particularly on a message board, when they are explained.

For what it’s worth, I’d love to know why you think Springsteen is a horrible human being. It seems like you might have something interesting to report. I am not a big Springsteen-guy so whatever you say is not going to bother me.

"And when the music stops and Bruce starts mumbling his communist liberal psycho babble into the mic, I just stick my fingers in my ears and hum to myself and go get a drink and check my phone until the music starts again and they play another song."
- Kaiser

"And when the music stops and Bruce starts mumbling his communist liberal psycho babble into the mic, I just stick my fingers in my ears and hum to myself and go get a drink and check my phone until the music starts again and they play another song."
- Kaiser

That's completely untrue.

KaiserUEO goes to the bathroom everytime and always.

This has nothing to do with politics. Interesting that you would go there.
It must either be that or maybe you were a big Julianne Phillips fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom