St. John's fires Mike Anderson / hires Rick Pitino | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

St. John's fires Mike Anderson / hires Rick Pitino

I remember all of that and never took it to mean that he hated Syracuse. Let's be fair, not many people would choose to live in Syracuse if they were picking their dream place to live. I took it that Pitino was having fun with what Jb said. Second, I took the deserve statement as Pitino sticking up for his friend when people and we are both old enough to remember, really went after JB in town. Pitino has reasons to dislike him. I don't think those were anywhere near the top of the list. It seems to me just being a bit sensitive. I'm pretty sure Rick enjoyed his time on the hill.
Link to where he said he enjoyed his time on the hill?

Link to where he said he enjoyed his time on the hill?
I said I'm pretty sure he liked his time on the hill. That is an opinion. It isn't like saying that he actually said he hates Syracuse. Mine was an opinion of mine. Yours was a statement of fact that Rick said he hated Syracuse. My opinion is also that he would come here to coach in a New York minute if given the chance. Which he wouldn't ever be.

Not really.

You don’t like Syracuse but you’re friends with the guy who has coached Syracuse for almost half a century? That doesn’t even make sense.
That’s a very parochial interpretation of “Syracuse”.
First and foremost, Syracuse is a city in central New York State being located relatively equidistant between Buffalo and Albany.

It’s possible that Pitino thedoes not like the city of Syracuse, but still likes the basketball coach of a university located in that city.

That’s a very parochial interpretation of “Syracuse”.
First and foremost, Syracuse is a city in central New York State being located relatively equidistant between Buffalo and Albany.

It’s possible that Pitino thedoes not like the city of Syracuse, but still likes the basketball coach of a university located in that city.
Oh, thanks for the info Capt!

I was talking about the basketball program.

So? He’s not going to coach here. I don’t get peoples obsession with the guy. He’s an ass.
So is Jim Boeheim, but I like him. How don’t you get it? The dude wins and does it quickly, you can’t see why we wouldn’t like a guy like that here? You’re not an idiot.

I said I'm pretty sure he liked his time on the hill. That is an opinion. It isn't like saying that he actually said he hates Syracuse. Mine was an opinion of mine. Yours was a statement of fact that Rick said he hated Syracuse. My opinion is also that he would come here to coach in a New York minute if given the chance. Which he wouldn't ever be.
I’m thankful that we would never consider it.

So I’m supposed to hate someone that literally has zero baring on my life then on top of it say he’s a crap coach? You don’t get it pal.
I DONT LIKE PITINO SO STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM OR IM GOING TO SPEND ALL DAY IN THE THREAD I DONT WANT TO EXIST TELLING YOU TO STOP!

No, I don’t. But what I’ll tell you is I rooted for Rick Pitino when he left for,I believe ,Boston U. I followed his career path and saw an interview before a Cuse- Providence game where he brought up the story we all heard about the Boeheim’s and Pitino’s on vacation together on the beach and all telling their dream place to live and proceeded to chastise Boeheim for choosing Syracuse. I believe the quote was something like “ Who in their right mind would live in Syracuse who didn’t have to?” Years later he said something similar and added how people in Syracuse never appreciated JB and didn’t deserve to have him.
That’s my only reason for despising him so I’m obviously not making it up.
As Dasher said, Rick was sticking up for his friend and chastising some Cuse fans who didn’t appreciate the job JB does. JB and Rick are good friends and have been for DECADES. A ton of built-up loyalty and shared history between them. And as with Coach K, their wives and families are friends.

I went last night and last season because I’m a Pitino fan and it is cool to get good seats and watch his team up close. I’ll keep going when he’s at Georgetown next season because it’s a fun rivalry and the Times Union Center is a great place to watch hoops.

Had a nice sirloin at Barnsider but avoid the calamari. Dipping sauce was way to mayo-y.
I thought about going, I can walk to the TU from my place. How is barnsider? I’ve never been.

So is Jim Boeheim, but I like him. How don’t you get it? The dude wins and does it quickly, you can’t see why we wouldn’t like a guy like that here? You’re not an idiot.
We’re not hiring him. He’s a guy who coached at SU a million years ago.

Where’s the Tim O’Toole thread?

Is Tim O’Toole one of the most successful college b-ball coaches of all time?

rick pitino as a coach > JB. that said don't want him here. too old.

Did I say we were hiring him?

The fact you’re even bringing up Tim O’Toole just shows you’re trying to be a tool.

I thought about going, I can walk to the TU from my place. How is barnsider? I’ve never been.
I thought it was solid but not great. Little pricey for not being anything special but my steak was good.

My girlfriend got the chicken florentine and it was by far the best thing that we got.

Is Tim O’Toole one of the most successful college b-ball coaches of all time?
Got it.

Can you point me to the agent Auriemma thread?

The fact you’re even bringing up Tim O’Toole just shows you’re trying to be a tool.

Nah, I just done get why there’s often a Pitino thread floating around on page 1 here. He coached at SU, briefly, 45 years ago. He’s been disgraced both personally and professionally. And he’s playing out the string at a mid major because he can’t stand not being “RICK PITINO”.

Reactions: cto

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom