St. Johns Opens -2 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

St. Johns Opens -2

I’m hoping St. John’s can’t shoot and the zone plays in our favor, and that our ability to put numerous ball handlers on the court pays off and our guys take care of the ball, get to the basket, and Jesse has a monster game.

I’m hoping St. John’s can’t shoot and the zone plays in our favor, and that our ability to put numerous ball handlers on the court pays off and our guys take care of the ball, get to the basket, and Jesse has a monster game.
they blew out nebraska 70-50...their center had 18 rebounds

jesse is the key to the game

apparently they were only like 5-20 from 3 in that one too

This will be a playground style game. We have some guys who can play that style this year but Joe worries me with how physical they will be. Judah will have a chance to shine as will Benny if he plays aggressive. Really don't like this matchup. They are kind of like Rutgers from two years ago playing the 40 mins of hell style.

Same.

I'm hoping that their "playground" style will struggle against the zone. Can't let them run. Need to make them swing it around the perimeter and take long shots at the end of the shot clock -- not their forte.

Neil Quinn last night got around Jesse, defended him well and looked lighter on his feet despite lacking much mobility. That worries me given Soriano(sp?) moves better than Quinn and is certainly bigger and stronger.

They don't take lots of threes as a percentage of their overall shots, but they're making 35% from there so it's not like they're bad at it. They just prefer to run and get closer shots early in the shot clock.

Will be a big test for the backcourt. Joe has struggled against these type of physical, full court style of defenses so will need help from Judah to minimize turnovers again.

It’ll be interesting to see how much - if any - of the bench is used. Would love to get Taylor going to have another shooter but not sure if this is the game for him. He seems hesitant to put the ball on the floor.

We've played a Mike Anderson coached team before. You have to attack to be able to score. If we win it means Mintz likely had a good game. Here's the box score from that game.

We've played a Mike Anderson coached team before. You have to attack to be able to score. If we win it means Mintz likely had a good game. Here's the box score from that game.

Big Game James

You can’t necessarily extrapolate percentage against man to what it will be Vs zone. Could be better , could be worse

I was thinking of going the other way and Hope that I lose. Of course if I did, St Johns would win by 2.
The lights are on tonight, Big East just like the old days, city is buzzing. Like us in these moments. My sister went to ST Johns . We get the w tonight

Last edited:
The lights are on tonight, Big East just like the old days. Like us in these moments
your lips to God's ears. I just worry we aren't ready to win a game like this.

Remember that game. Southerland was unconscious. Jerami Grant got 1 more minute than a dead man.

They’re a tougher team and we’re a tad soft, not sure this is a good match up for us.

What’s that number next to our name? The 6?

Thought it was a 7 pm EST start . I hate these late ass starts

Feels weird Temple beat Nova. Even watched that game... thinking that is saying more about Nova than Temple..

Feels weird Temple beat Nova. Even watched that game... thinking that is saying more about Nova than Temple..

Those Philly teams always battle no matter how good Nova is, big rivalries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom