Stanford Attendance | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Stanford Attendance

VT and Miami will sell out if we are sitting on 0, 1, or 2 losses and the offense is still playing like it has.

Maybe UConn as well in the a stretch.

This could be a throw back to 92 or 98. If it is, that’s when you honor P.
Feel like if they were going to do this, it would have already been announced, no?

Going to be a little tough for UConn/Miami as all of the students are gone for both of those games.

It will be interesting to see SU’s strategy on that
It will sell out. Will it every seat be taken? I guess we will see. Are students allowed to resell their tickets?

It will sell out. Will it every seat be taken? I guess we will see. Are students allowed to resell their tickets?

Not technically

They would have to give the tickets back to Syracuse for them to sell.

I know they are working on a couple different strategies.

It also depends on how we’re doing. Have a feeling if we are a 1 loss or undefeated team, a lot of students will come back from break early to attend the Miami game.

If the season has gone off the rails, it’ll be completely different

You can't give High school kids tickets.

We can't give high school kids tickets either since most of us are boosters.

We are not even supposed to talk with kids if we think there is a chance they are being looked at by SU if you don't have a prior connection.

Once a kid becomes recruitable the rules change.
Just stay away from CBA and you should miss all the D-1 recruits in CNY

I don’t think students have tickets to those games. I thought I read that their season tickets only covered 5 games. Maybe you just meant in general?

Student section shows as available on Ticketmaster for those 2 games.

Not technically

It also depends on how we’re doing. Have a feeling if we are a 1 loss or undefeated team, a lot of students will come back from break early to attend the Miami game.

Depending on how the chips fall in the ACC for Syracuse and Miami , you could possibly see more depth chart players in that final Miami game with the ACC championship the week after. (I think it's the week after). Note: That is also when you start seeing players hit the portal in waves.

I don’t think students have tickets to those games. I thought I read that their season tickets only covered 5 games. Maybe you just meant in general?

That makes sense.

Going to be a little tough for UConn/Miami as all of the students are gone for both of those games.

It will be interesting to see SU’s strategy on that
Students have showed out for big thanksgiving weekend games in the past. Sadly the only one I can think of is… 1992.

my crew cannot go to the Stanford game because of Friday night high school sports but I do know natives who are talking about going to the game that otherwise wouldn’t even consider it. All because of the GT performance.

Last edited:

I can assure that students had tickets to those games.

It looks like they might have come up with a strategy to use those tickets or “buy” them back

At least for the upper deck seats

Difference is, some people still think that Stanford is in the Andrew Luck days and a solid program

Couple that with a school we’ve never played before.

Add on that we just beat a top 24 team

And then make it a prime time game that’s an event

I have a feeling this one sells out or gets really close to a sell out.

It also helps that Stanford is bringing a decent amount of fans

We will see. I don't think Stanford was a draw when Luck was around and I don't think most fans even know who he is at this point. We hadn't played UVA in the Dome since 2005 so that is similar. Event and Primetime existed then too. How much is a decent amount? If they bring 750 fans that won't get us from 40k to a sell out.

If I had to guess right now it would be 41,875 announced. Which is great and a near sell out.

Stanford is a well known P5 (or P4 now) 'brand' irregardless of their current lack of success. They are a team many SU fans are not very familiar with. While rivalries or teams we have history with will always draw more, sometimes people like a little strange ;)

We will see. I don't think Stanford was a draw when Luck was around and I don't think most fans even know who he is at this point. We hadn't played UVA in the Dome since 2005 so that is similar. Event and Primetime existed then too. How much is a decent amount? If they bring 750 fans that won't get us from 40k to a sell out.

If I had to guess right now it would be 41,875 announced. Which is great and a near sell out.

Well, they requested the most tickets from Syracuse Univ ever for their visiting fans.

In fact, they asked for the full allotment per the ACC contract.

To give you context, no other ACC school has EVER requested the full allotment.

Did Stanford move them all?? I’m not sure. This actually caused some issues for the reseating because Syracuse had to give up tickets that they simply aren’t used to doing because it never happens.

As I said, did Stanford move them all? Not sure but we will find out next Friday

Well, they requested the most tickets from Syracuse Univ ever for their visiting fans.

Did Stanford move them all?? I’m not sure. This actually caused some issues for the reseating because Syracuse had to give up tickets that they simply aren’t used to doing because it never happens.

As I said, did Stanford move them all? Not sure but we will find out next Friday
that jives with the maps too. that's crazy but weirdly consistent with anecdotes from stanford alums in nyc area. lot are making the trip.

Not technically

agree, this will be a lot more likely than them staying to watch uconn. they should offer discounted tickets for uconn to area college kids who are home for thanksgiving. get a raucous younger crowd.

I doubt it is ever. I can buy since being in the ACC. Back in the day visitors had access to the lower AND upper level in the corner. And some even brought their bands.

Seriously , Clemson had 6 or 7 k their first couple trips here, ( not the last couple ) would have thought they had for sure .

Well, has anyone informed those Stanford fans that the following day they plan on spending in "The City" is some 4.5 hour or so drive away? ;):p

I doubt it is ever. I can buy since being in the ACC. Back in the day visitors had access to the lower AND upper level in the corner. And some even brought their bands.
Seriously , Clemson had 6 or 7 k their first couple trips here, ( not the last couple ) would have thought they had for sure .

Hey if you don’t want to take my word, it’s fine but I’ll trust my sources

Well, has anyone informed those Stanford fans that the following day they plan on spending in "The City" is some 4.5 hour or so drive away? ;):p
so they say Stan wants more tickets than Clemson has ever had? They have had several K in the building into the upperdeck of the visiting section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom