Stanford Attendance | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Stanford Attendance

so they say Stan wants more tickets than Clemson has ever had? They have had several K in the building into the upperdeck of the visiting section.

They requested the full allotment of tickets.

Clemson has never requested the full allotment of tickets.

That doesn’t mean Stanford sold them all, it just means that they requested that many. If they didn’t sell them all they have likely been put back into inventory which checks out by looking at the TM map

I doubt it is ever. I can buy since being in the ACC. Back in the day visitors had access to the lower AND upper level in the corner. And some even brought their bands.

Yeah, maybe ever for an non-ND ACC team. Tennessee, LSU, Penn State, ND. All 4 had monster sized crowds in the Dome.

If they didn't ask for a larger allotment, it's because they either didn't know they could, or because they just knew their fans would do it on their own.

By the way, on TV, it looked like Georgia Tech had about 27 fans in the Dome.

Also this is official tickets in the visitor section. Clemson bought a ton of seats through TM directly or on resale. Those are different.
Right , I think it’s misleading, Clemson got large blocks of upper deck tickets ( you can tell because it’s 100% away fans) so Stanford asked for more in its initial request from SUAD. Clemson will have bought a lot more in the end.

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe ever for an non-ND ACC team. Tennessee, LSU, Penn State, ND. All 4 had monster sized crowds in the Dome.

If they didn't ask for a larger allotment, it's because they either didn't know they could, or because they just knew their fans would do it on their own.

There were quite a few tech fans sprinkled in the sections but not many. I'll be shocked if Stanford reps like LSU or first time Clemson.

There were quite a few tech fans sprinkled in the sections but not many. I'll be shocked if Stanford reps like LSU or first time Clemson.

I remember after an LSU touchdown. The kickoff team came out on the field and starting waving their hands to get their crowd going.

It seemed like the entire away side of the field was screaming.

Right I was kinda just saying CNY isn’t a place anyone thinks of when they think of H.S. football talent.
Yeah, can't think of any major D1 players coming out of my alma mater (West Genesee). They had a kid go to Ohio University last year I think. You occasionally get a kid, outside of CBA, but it is not very often.

Last edited:
They requested the full allotment of tickets.

Clemson has never requested the full allotment of tickets.

That doesn’t mean Stanford sold them all, it just means that they requested that many. If they didn’t sell them all they have likely been put back into inventory which checks out by looking at the TM map

I will be surprised if there is significantly more than 1000 Stanford fans there.

Isn't the full allotment like 5000? Most schools won't even bother requesting that many. And unsold have to be returned to the Home team by a certain date. If Stanford requested the full 5k, then they aren't very good at math which is kind of ironic.

It was the first time GT has ever played in the dome where fans were allowed to attend.

I was interested to see what their fan turnout would be. They were ranked and riding high. Disappointing turnout. I think they probably had more like 100. There are direct flights from Atlanta. Not a good turnout for them at all.

Now the GT has played here post Covid, I think only Miami remains as a team that has not played at the dome since we joined the ACC.

Of course, they played here a number of times when we were both in the Big East. Glad to see them finally play here but what a massive disappointment to have to wait 10 years to finally saw the Canes back in the dome.

Glad the ACC changed their scheduling models. Note I didn’t say fixed because it is still messed up. But it could (and was) much worse.

I imagine there will be a decent amount of Stanford fans in the Dome. They have a large northeast alumni presence that rarely gets to see their school play in the region.

Not overwhelming like Tennessee or Clemson, but probably much larger than BC, Pitt, etc.

Based on the attendance at their home field, I don’t anticipate Stanford fans/alumni showing up in any numbers.

Can anyone tell me exactly what section(s) Are the official visitors sections?
Thanks.

Prediction... Gameday will be here for Miami.
I think it will take a perfect storm for this to occur. Gameday probably already has Texas @ aTm unofficially penciled in. The only way I see it being possible, is if we are both undefeated (which would probably put us both squarely in the Top 5 range, depending on who else is undefeated) and McCord and Ward are both in contention for the Heisman.

Also, if that does come to fruition, then we’d most likely have a rematch the next week in the ACC Championship.

Yeah, can't think of any major D1 players coming out of my alma mater (West Genesee). They had a kid go to Ohio University last year I think. You occasionally get a kid, outside of CBA, but it is not very often.
Jim Rosecrans went to Penn St back in the mid 70’s was also a state champ wrestler and great lacrosse player.

I think it will take a perfect storm for this to occur. Gameday probably already has Texas @ aTm unofficially penciled in. The only way I see it being possible, is if we are both undefeated (which would probably put us both squarely in the Top 5 range, depending on who else is undefeated) and McCord and Ward are both in contention for the Heisman.

Also, if that does come to fruition, then we’d most likely have a rematch the next week in the ACC Championship.
If CUSE and Miami have a combined one loss, we will 100% get game day. Strike that. A gazillion percent

which would be the stupidest thing ever

If CUSE and Miami have a combined one loss, we will 100% get game day. Strike that. A gazillion percent

Not sure they would as that would likely mean both are in the ACC championship and likely both teams would rest starters or play limited minutes because the winner of the ACC championship gets an auto bid to the playoffs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom