Stanford Gameday... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Stanford Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think this is entirely possible. Stanfords defense is pretty bad. They have trouble getting pressure and only have 2 sacks all year. Very similar to GT and we know what McCord did to them. On top of that. The secondary of Stanford is probably the weakest unit on the defense. Sooooo you have a team that can’t generate a pass rush with a poor secondary going against a strong passing attack that is on fire right now. You do the math lol
I agree with you (on paper). But - call me a pessimist - I'm expecting the opposite scenario: they stunt like crazy on D and pressure KM; we struggle to complete passes against their (seemingly weak) secondary; and they score on our D and make it a close game. If it doesn't go down that way I'll be delighted. :cool:

[Edit] I'm also looking for similar changes as noted by SUDadx2 and kcsu: I like Grant to back up Barron at star (he didn't start at corner against GT). Gould has also been struggling at safety, interested to see if his snaps have been cut or he bounces back. Buxton has been playing well - he started against GT - I think as the sixth DB in their 3-2-6 stack, along with Duce, Clark, Barron and corners Lewis and Barnes. Let's see what the staff runs against the Cardinal.

Last edited:
I agree with you (on paper). But - call me a pessimist - but I'm expecting the opposite scenario: they stunt like crazy on D and pressure KM; we struggle to complete passes against their (seemingly weak) secondary; and they score on our D and make it a close game. If it doesn't go down that way I'll be delighted. :cool:

Rachel Dratch Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

Ha ha ha, if I am trying to keep my score in the 80's I can only drink 6 per 9. I have finished +5 or more on the last 2 holes while in contention for a personal best waaaay too many times. Those 11th and 12th beers make 17 and 18 interesting a lot.
That's funny as hell. To the average bear, only drinking 6 per 9 holes is mind blowing. Most dudes I play with don't have more than a couple, although they smoke weed throughout. For me, I'm right with you although I'm a dumbass and drink IPAs at 7%. I usually play my best (low 80s) if I keep to about 5 16oz 7% IPAs in a 2 1/2 hour round.

We came home from Vegas Tues. Wife just got Covid, testing positive.

Now what do I do.

Ignore
Skip game
Wear a mask.

I'm feeling fine so far.

That's funny as hell. To the average bear, only drinking 6 per 9 holes is mind blowing. Most dudes I play with don't have more than a couple, although they smoke weed throughout. For me, I'm right with you although I'm a dumbass and drink IPAs at 7%. I usually play my best (low 80s) if I keep to about 5 16oz 7% IPAs in a 2 1/2 hour round.
I tell anyone who will listen my best golf is played between 4 and 14 beers. Outside those parameters things get wonky.

I agree with you (on paper). But - call me a pessimist - I'm expecting the opposite scenario: they stunt like crazy on D and pressure KM; we struggle to complete passes against their (seemingly weak) secondary; and they score on our D and make it a close game. If it doesn't go down that way I'll be delighted. :cool:

[Edit] I'm also looking for similar changes as noted by SUDadx2 and kcsu: I like Grant to back up Barron at star (he didn't start at corner against GT). Gould has also been struggling at safety, interested to see if his snaps have been cut or he bounces back. Buxton has been playing well - he started against GT - I think as the sixth DB in their 3-2-6 stack, along with Duce, Clark, Barron and corners Lewis and Barnes. Let's see what the staff runs against the Cardinal.
I haven't had time to review the film but from what I remember watching live, GT was much more successfully stopping Syracuse using lots of blitzes in the second half. I am sure the Stanford coaches saw this and are going to try to emulate this approach.

I also saw McCord see a blitz a couple of times in the first half and hit his safety route perfectly. It isn't going to be easy to rattle Kyle.

But it is your best chance to stop Syracuse.

It will be interesting to see how Coach Nixon reacts. Also interested to see how much he tries to run the ball. Sounded to me like Coach Brown would like to give young Willis more carries tonight.

I am hoping to see JRS running well and get a few targets as well.

Seems like Barnes plays more each game. Will that continue?

Just celebrated by 37th AA Birthday. Let me know if you guys want to talk. :confused:

I haven't had time to review the film but from what I remember watching live, GT was much more successfully stopping Syracuse using lots of blitzes in the second half. I am sure the Stanford coaches saw this and are going to try to emulate this approach.

I also saw McCord see a blitz a couple of times in the first half and hit his safety route perfectly. It isn't going to be easy to rattle Kyle.

But it is your best chance to stop Syracuse.

It will be interesting to see how Coach Nixon reacts. Also interested to see how much he tries to run the ball. Sounded to me like Coach Brown would like to give young Willis more carries tonight.

I am hoping to see JRS running well and get a few targets as well.

Seems like Barnes plays more each game. Will that continue?
Hopefully 2 weeks is time to clean up some of the blocking issues as well. Allen missed several blocks that would have made the pocket cleaner.

We have not seen a ton of stunts so who knows how we handle that.

We have not played in noise yet, so who knows there.

in the 2nd half

We went 65 yds dropped pass then FG
We went 43 yds dropped pass punt, started at the 8 though
32 yds TD
then 38 to close it out.
IF OG doesnt drop the passes we might have scored every possession. We just only had 3 real ones.

Valari has been wide open, but that is mostly 3-4th option and Kyle has been a touch off on those. And he didn't throw to him a couple times when the blew coverages on him. Would like to see him one time get the ball and be able to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Top Bottom