Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers

Not the least bit surprised. It's been fairly well known that he wasn't going to end up here.

C'est la vie. Schafer sez "If you're not with us, you're against us" ... see ya taken down in your own backfield.

Good our staff probably said are you in or out. We have people coming in that we plan on offering so your 'ship will be given out if you are not on board.

Good our staff probably said are you in or out. We have people coming in that we plan on offering so your 'ship will be given out if you are not on board.

Exactly, let us know by Friday or we are done... They have spots to fill. Best of luck to you Gus. I don't see the NYC connection carrying on all that much but there is talent everywhere, I like the NYC kids but don't care if the recruits come from south Dakota if they can play

Exactly, let us know by Friday or we are done... They have spots to fill. Best of luck to you Gus. I don't see the NYC connection carrying on all that much but there is talent everywhere, I like the NYC kids but don't care if the recruits come from south Dakota if they can play

Totally agree...Seems like we spend too much time down there for little return..Need better ROI

Agree! It was time for him to pony up or say goodbye. Really want NYC area as hot bed for recruits but the last 4 years (or more) we have been jilted as the number two or three choice every year for "most" of their top talent. I really am getting the feeling that 1. we are being used and 2. it is time to show them we want them but will not be held at gun point as their "back up plan." Wish the kid good luck, except against us but also feel he is making a poor decision based on both education and on a fair chance to seeing the field in a meaningful way. :bang:

Kid always said Miami was his dream school just not sure if he gets a fair shot being behind Ray Lewis III?

Exactly and I couldn't agree more

Can't blame him. Old staff bolts, he has alot of outside pressure to move on.

It doesn't help that Syracuse dickbags on Twitter are calling him out before he even decommitted. To a 17 yr old kid, those things affect your emotions and your comfort.

Good luck at the U.

Totally agree...Seems like we spend too much time down there for little return..Need better ROI

Yep and that is with anselmo and Marrone, what sucks is that it looked like things were starting to pay off this year but nothing you can do but move on.

Can't blame him. Old staff bolts, he has alot of outside pressure to move on.

It doesn't help that Syracuse dickbags on Twitter are calling him out before he even decommitted. To a 17 yr old kid, those things affect your emotions and your comfort.

Good luck at the U.

Exactly these twitter people harassing any kid are such douche bags. What is wrong with people?

If so, I like it.

2 hours ago...mcdonald retweet. "One of the hardest things in life is deciding whether to walk away or try harder". Looks like we walked away...

Makes sense. We have some nice looking prospects who want in so we'll move on give the ship to them.

Or...there was no ultimatum, and an 18 year kid, who was rocked by the shuffle off to Buffalo, decided to take his talents to a "better" program when given the chance.

Or...there was no ultimatum, and an 18 year kid, who was rocked by the shuffle off to Buffalo, decided to take his talents to a "better" program when given the chance.

The shuffle happened a month ago and he was given the change to leave for a better program a month ago, the FSU and Miami offers didn't occur yesterday. The staff just had an in home with him and an hour later he calls to decommit - odds are that he was given the push because we have other prospects on the board that we can fill his spot with if he's not coming.

Rather find out now than on signing day and I'm sure the staff feels the same way.

This kid really back fire on this kid. what if the higher sought after guys commit to either fsu or miami as well? being from NY you know he won't get a fair shake if it's even close. kid made an emotional decision and could come back to cost him big time. but if that's what he is comfortable with so be it.

The shuffle happened a month ago and he was given the change to leave for a better program a month ago, the FSU and Miami offers didn't occur yesterday. The staff just had an in home with him and an hour later he calls to decommit - odds are that he was given the push because we have other prospects on the board that we can fill his spot with if he's not coming.

Rather find out now than on signing day and I'm sure the staff feels the same way.

Yes, that could very well be how it went down. I was just offering another possibility. The point is, we are all just guessing, right?

Yep and that is with anselmo and Marrone, what sucks is that it looked like things were starting to pay off this year but nothing you can do but move on.

Even with Marrone and Anselmo here, he may have flipped... Big FLA schools court you and such is life...

May just come off as another bitter fan but like Coach said, If they don't want to be here, we don't want them here. Would have loved to have the kid but he won't make or break the class. I can't wait to play against him though, I hope he learns the hardway. Personally I think carter was a bigger loss. Less depth at LB and I thought he was going to be a stud at LB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom