Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers

If I could Iwould like to remind Gus that when trouble came to his door last year his offer wasn't pulled.
When he wasn't allowed to finish his season because of an investigation into that trouble his offer wasn't pulled.
There are other programs that probably would have pulled that offer and moved on.
Committment is a two way street.

Not exactly. Hogue played RB for GRob. Marrone switched him to D.

Understood, but he came to Cuse over I believe Penn State because we recruited as a RB and they wanted him at LB. the only difference between the situations is that Doug stayed on offense for 2 years and some are assuming that Rutgers is going to immediately switch him to D. That was my point. Maybe the kid ends up on D who knows but if he wants to try RB out more power to him.

Understood, but he came to Cuse over I believe Penn State because we recruited as a RB and they wanted him at LB. the only difference between the situations is that Doug stayed on offense for 2 years and some are assuming that Rutgers is going to immediately switch him to D. That was my point. Maybe the kid ends up on D who knows but if he wants to try RB out more power to him.
Right, you pointed out the reason it is not the same. Hogue played 2 years at RB. Of course, he should thank Marrone for moving him over.

If you're an alumnus, have ever held season tickets or have ever donated money to SUAD then you're a booster... no "essentially" about it.

That's what helps rutty, none of them actually go to the games or pay for tickets and are internet wonders.

Shafer and his staff are clearly contacting all their committs and reaching out to them. All this chatter means didly to these kids. EO didn't get the attention on the Clemson site like he did here. Where did he committ? So much for an attention grabber. Goes to show that all this talk on here is pretty much all it is, just talk. It is the staff that will make the difference on whether or not he stays with us. Is he a Wheatly recruit? I am assuming he is.

Shafer and his staff are clearly contacting all their committs and reaching out to them. All this chatter means didly to these kids. EO didn't get the attention on the Clemson site like he did here. Where did he committ? So much for an attention grabber. Goes to show that all this talk on here is pretty much all it is, just talk. It is the staff that will make the difference on whether or not he stays with us. Is he a Wheatly recruit? I am assuming he is.
I would hope that the kid considers the staff much more than he does a bunch of random internet posters.

Actually one of the worst things about timing is Shafer and his staff AREN'T contacting the HS commits. They're not allowed because the dead period started Monday and goes through today. Tomorrow the commits can finally talk to the staff.

Actually one of the worst things about timing is Shafer and his staff AREN'T contacting the HS commits. They're not allowed because the dead period started Monday and goes through today. Tomorrow the commits can finally talk to the staff.
Forgot about that....thanks for the reminder. I suspect they will be ready tomorrow just the same.

Gotta be a good sign that he's still in 'Cuse gear in his twit pic.

I'm sure cooler heads will prevail. We all overreacated a bit when the news happened. Apparently there's still a sky.

Which also means that coaches from other teams (presumably) aren't contacting our HS commits. Maybe having a cooling-off period will work to our advantage.

44pride mentioned it in Zach Allen thread
I don't believe anything has been defintively decided with regard to Gus. Its bad for damn sure. I know the kind of stuff he will hear at Rutgers and it isn't going to be good stuff about Syracuse .The Schiano poison is still there.

Cali Jr.

Sorry you can't be Van1, but I actually think Cali is funnier

Gus will be handed ray rice's jersey and told he'll have a chance to start next season, be the featured back and get 30 - 40 carries a game in that dreadful offense. He'll also be sold on the big ten.

What he won't be told is that buttgers is where talented kids go to have their careers ruine, will stink next season, will stink in the big ten and will have their staff gutted.

Cali Jr.

Sorry you can't be Van1, but I actually think Cali is funnier

Well, unfortunately things are not looking so good right now. No OC, are biggest recruits are leaving, nothing funny about it. I am not overly optimistic at this point, although I will say Shafer nailed his PC. But it didn't hit home and unless we pull a rabit out of our hat, we have some serious concerns moving forward, and DM did us no favors either.

Well, unfortunately things are not looking so good right now. No OC, are biggest recruits are leaving, nothing funny about it. I am not overly optimistic at this point, although I will say Shafer nailed his PC. But it didn't hit home and unless we pull a rabit out of our hat, we have some serious concerns moving forward, and DM did us no favors either.
As of now we lost 1 redruit, and DM did nothing to us except make the program go from laughing stock to respectable

There is a story up over on R1vals entitled "Edwards Remains Committed".

Details?

There is a story up over on R1vals entitled "Edwards Remains Committed".

Details?

Perhaps you didn't see the blurb under that entitled New Tailback Emerges for the Canes...

Not liking the silence from both Edwards and Laray.

Says he had opened up recruiting but has not decommitted.

Not to give anything away from that site, but the guys at Scout did say that they've heard visits with Gus and Laray went really, really well this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom