Status of Indoor Football Facility | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Status of Indoor Football Facility

In the NFL, there is a rule that states all scoreboards must be at least 85 feet above the playing field. At Cowboys Stadium, the scoreboard is set at 90 feet and kickers still hit it.
Interesting.

The Dome's roof is allegedly 165' above the playing surface. The speakers that hang from the center probably cut that by 40+ feet. I know that punters can hit the speakers if they try. Have those speakers ever been hit during an actual game?

I think the 65' is a non-issue 95% of the time...if they want to work STs...they can go outside. I'm kinda disappointed if they use the drawings we've seen...would expect more than just a big box.

I'm kinda disappointed if they use the drawings we've seen...would expect more than just a big box.
A glow-in-the-dark box is better than no box.

Interesting.

The Dome's roof is allegedly 165' above the playing surface. The speakers that hang from the center probably cut that by 40+ feet. I know that punters can hit the speakers if they try. Have those speakers ever been hit during an actual game?
No. I remember in pregame punting practice during the G-Rob era (it was the only fun part) Rob Long routinely tried to hit them, and did before one game. but it would be impossible for anyone to hit them during a game, he hit the ball almost straight up in the air.

I'm hoping for teleportation or a portal gun. Especially since some of our 350-pound linemen might get stuck in Futurama-style vacuum tubes.

Augustus no!!
augustus-gloop.jpg

No. I remember in pregame punting practice during the G-Rob era (it was the only fun part) Rob Long routinely tried to hit them, and did before one game. but it would be impossible for anyone to hit them during a game, he hit the ball almost straight up in the air.

Idk there was one game, I believe it was Pitt about 5 or 6 years back where the punter came close 2 or 3 times from hitting the speakers. There was one specifically maybe his first attempt that was inches away. It was a pretty impressive display of kicking, the ball exploded off his foot.

That building is really nothing like the NYT building. The building shown is fine, Pre Engineered Metal Building ( Really a steel erected pole barn)that will be dressed up and go up quick, spend the money on the interior and building better facilities for the players themselves, I would not worry too much about the exterior and I am sure it will share many arch similarities to the Melo building. Get the square footage and state of the art facilities for the kids not for bluehairs driving by. It will look fine but lets hope its design maximizes its intended use.

The design firm is solid, will be a nice facility

More nuggets: facility cost about $13 mil

Will be located on old Coyne field

I don't know what Coyne is used for these days but it makes sense in that it's next to Manley itself and they can utilize the current lockers, etc..

Get the square footage and state of the art facilities for the kids not for bluehairs driving by.

Useless comment. I'm sure their plans aren't taking into consideration what any fan thinks it should look like.

Which makes the most sense. It can connect to Manley and leaves the track undisturbed.

The field hockey team could simply get one of the existing football practice fields.

Useless comment. I'm sure their plans aren't taking into consideration what any fan thinks it should look like.

Excatly what I said Bees.. Geeze. Lighten up you old buzzard

i thought field hockey couldnt be played in only certain types of fields which is why Coyne stayed the way it did

i thought field hockey couldnt be played in only certain types of fields which is why Coyne stayed the way it did
I was referring to the field location. If Field Turf is unacceptable then I'm sure TGD will swap it out for them.

13 mil is more in line for sure... 30 mil was borderline absurd
Agreed on the price tag. Maybe the 30 mil figure some have heard are for additional projects. No idea.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Agreed on the price tag. Maybe the 30 mil figure some have heard are for additional projects. No idea.

$30 million campaign possibly? Could have a couple other athletic projects/initiatives they want to tackle.

Probably a $30 million campaign total, which is great

Excatly what I said Bees.. Geeze. Lighten up you old buzzard

It was a gratuitous shot at a large segment of the fanbase.