Step away from the ledge | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Step away from the ledge

We’re spoiled as Su basketball fans. A bad year was bound to happen. I have zero doubt this program rebounds. If Dino can do what he’s doing on the football side with a proverbial gun to his head there is no question JB will turn things around here

JB has definitely turned things around.

We're way way way off the ledge

images

What did everyone expect for this year? 4 decent 3-point shooters with no athleticism. Slow. Poor defenders. Our incoming class is ranked in the top 25 nationally and should bring athleticism not found on this year's team other than Jesse. I would like to see JB ride into the sunset after this year and get a coach with a different mindset. What kid wouldn't want to play in front of 25,000+ rabid fans?

I no longer have full confidence in the bench and player development/management of this HC & his staff.
He’d just as likely sit the incoming frosh causing multiple transfers, or take little to no direct responsibility for the mess he created.
It pains me to think and/or say that.

The problem is that we lost every major recruitinga battle. We went after an unusually large number of highly ranked kids and we continue to do so witnout much chance of success. There are not many reasons why an ACC recruit would choose a NE scbool. Recruiting is very competitive and a NE school in a Southern conference is at a disadvantage. Our staff did not suddenly forget how to recruit. What happened is that our circumstances changed. We did come out with more money. Perhaps that is worth some enjoyment?

Last edited:
The problem is that we lost every major recruitinga battle. We went after an unusually large number of highly ranked kids and we continue to do so witnout much chance of success. There are not many reasons why an ACC recruit would choose a NE scbool. Recruiting is very competitive and a NE school in a Southern conference is at a disadvantage. Our staff did not suddenly forget how to recruit. What happened is that our circumstances changed. We did come out with more money. Perhaps that is worth some enjoyment?
Look at the mess of a conference map that is the AAC, they have schools landing top 10 classes. Uconn had the #7 class for '21 and the new Big East is pretty piecemeal too. Us being in the ACC isn't the cause of the recruiting drop and lack of success. Despite a down year or 2 the ACC is a premier basketball conference. Unlike football Syracuse is located in a recruiting hot bed, facilities for basketball are great, and we have a rich history and repuation as a basketball school. Recruiting failures can't be blamed on outside / environmental factors. The drop in recruiting is rooted internally. Our program is stale, and its been showing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom