STH Seat Bump - Expanding Student Section/Overflow | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

STH Seat Bump - Expanding Student Section/Overflow

Out of town now but what do STs in various sections cost? For example what’s the per ticket price in 308 vs the 50 yard line lower bowl?
Prices are supposed to be going up closer to 200 will probably be cheapest

Wish your over/under line was on Caesar's. I'd clean up! Should be announced on February 1 and I think many will be surprised. Absolutely expect to see some prices go up, some by a fairly robust amount, but not all will and there will definitely be a "food stamp" option. Frankly without the rampant rollovers due to Covid cancelling 2020 prices should have gone up about 20% in 2021 just by virtue of going to 7 home games (from 5 to 6 FBS games).

From what I have been told the upper deck student section will now run from bottom to top of all seats between aisles 304 and 308. They had been sending student overflow to the opposite end of the Dome and there were some issues between students who were essentially general admission and regular season ticket holders in dedicated seats. This will alleviate the issue and ensure the students are in one solid block. I also understand that the reps are working one-on-one with affected STHers and essentially bending over backwards to reach a satisfactory resolution.

Yeah, agree with Consigliere here

Now that the new company is working with Cuse, I think it completely changes what we will see with ticket prices.

Would have to assume Syracuse Athletics is aware of the situation and the last thing they want to do is chase out season ticket holders.

I’m hoping to only see a small bump in price for my seats.

Won’t know tho until they renew seats which I’m sure should be very soon

From what I have been told the upper deck student section will now run from bottom to top of all seats between aisles 304 and 308. They had been sending student overflow to the opposite end of the Dome and there were some issues between students who were essentially general admission and regular season ticket holders in dedicated seats. This will alleviate the issue and ensure the students are in one solid block. I also understand that the reps are working one-on-one with affected STHers and essentially bending over backwards to reach a satisfactory resolution.
For one of the night games they sent hundreds of students up to the top of Section 335 midway through the first quarter. It was quite a distraction to people on the ends of the rows and some of the students were already well into their partying.

Between 304 and 308 or inclusive of those two sections.

If they are bumping ticket prices because ND is on the schedule it could be a mistake. I’ve been a season ticket holder for twenty years and ND does nothing for me. They are just another game. With losing seasons the norm, they might lose some season ticket holders. For me, a slight increase is ok because I’m 95% sure I’m not renewing my basketball season tickets. I’m a Level A season ticket holder. I can’t justify driving two hours both ways and watching what’s taking place on the court. JB‘s philosophy automatically puts us at a disadvantage against the better teams. We stopped recruiting elite talent. We‘ve done absolutely nothing of substance during the regular season since joining the ACC. The program is about as stale as a program can be.

Between 304 and 308 or inclusive of those two sections.
Between the aisles themselves. So half of 304 and half of 308 are not affected.

If they are bumping ticket prices because ND is on the schedule it could be a mistake. I’ve been a season ticket holder for twenty years and ND does nothing for me. They are just another game. With losing seasons the norm, they might lose some season ticket holders. For me, a slight increase is ok because I’m 95% sure I’m not renewing my basketball season tickets. I’m a Level A season ticket holder. I can’t justify driving two hours both ways and watching what’s taking place on the court. JB‘s philosophy automatically puts us at a disadvantage against the better teams. We stopped recruiting elite talent. We‘ve done absolutely nothing of substance during the regular season since joining the ACC. The program is about as stale as a program can be.

Just curious. With the move from six to seven home games going forward ( 6 FBS games instead of 5) what would you consider a reasonable percent increase to be?

For one of the night games they sent hundreds of students up to the top of Section 335 midway through the first quarter. It was quite a distraction to people on the ends of the rows and some of the students were already well into their partying.
I had no issue with the students. They were directly behind me in 335. Fairly respectful. What sucked was the long procession of students, seemingly endless making their way to seat after half. Really clogged the stairs and my view for a bit.

Just curious. With the move from six to seven home games going forward ( 6 FBS games instead of 5) what would you consider a reasonable percent increase to be?
I don’t have a problem with a small increase. Didn’t we have seven home games this past year? SU will probably increase the preferred seat pricing and say season ticket prices didn’t go up.

they should of been always a block. Thanks for the clarification of the specifics on 308 ers being relocated

I don’t have a problem with a small increase. Didn’t we have seven home games this past year? SU will probably increase the preferred seat pricing and say season ticket prices didn’t go up.
they had already promised no increase last year for those who rolled over there already paid tickets from 2020 that get trashed

they had already promised no increase last year for those who rolled over there already paid tickets from 2020 that get trashed
Yep. In retrospect probably would have been an easier sell and as I understand it a proportionate increase on a per game basis was conspired but shelved due to that exact promise.

Personally I kinda discount the FCS game and could have rationalized a 20% bump just on the fact that we went from 5 to 6 FBS games particularly considering we hadn’t moved pricing in the preferred sections in eight years and our ticket prices are among the very lowest among P5 schools.

SU doesn’t really seem to be in a position to raise prices.

I couldn’t give away tickets last year that I wasn’t using.

im sure some of that is covid protocols which will hopefully be in the rear view by the fall

Prices should have gone up 20% for 2021 simply by virtue of adding a seventh home game. And going forward seven home games is overwhelmingly the rule, not an exception. However, due to the high number of rollovers from 2020 the decision was made to honor the promise not to raise prices and essentially give fans a “free” game.
When the Dome is opened for a home game there are costs involved. The only revenue difference between a home and away game is gate receipts and concessions. Adding a seventh game to the home schedule presents costs that must be covered.
Of course we could stick to 6 games and play a seventh at MetLife or something…..

Those ticket prices are certainly going up this year (hey ND!) and I’m curious to see how the boards gonna react. Does anyone have renewals yet?
Will renew my 2 seats anyways. Will just make me all the more happy to beat ND

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 7.35.24 AM.png

It is the portion of 307/308 that is in the corner. I was in that little wedge of 308 right next to the tunnel. I was told I had to move and was given a seat on the other side of the tunnel in 308 on the aisle.

How was it decided that we will play seven home games for now on? Is this an official thing going forward? I’m not complaining, just genuinely curious.