STH Seat Bump - Expanding Student Section/Overflow | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

STH Seat Bump - Expanding Student Section/Overflow

How was it decided that we will play seven home games for now on? Is this an official thing going forward? I’m not complaining, just genuinely curious.

Because we have 4 conference home games always.

And then Wildhack is committed to always trying to get us to have 3 OOC home games with scheduling. Obviously it’s not 100% but he certainly is always trying to make sure that we have 3 OOC.

I know I'm probably in the 1%, but the price of SU football tickets is completely inelastic to me. In fact, its such a part of my fall life, that I'm trying to actually think what they could raise the price to where I'd have to take a moment to think about it.

I know I'm probably in the 1%, but the price of SU football tickets is completely inelastic to me. In fact, its such a part of my fall life, that I'm trying to actually think what they could raise the price to where I'd have to take a moment to think about it.
The price of the tickets isn't a problem, not winning is the problem.
If we start winning 8 or more games every year, we will have a steady amount of STH each year.

From what I have been told there will be tickets available to match all current price points, even the $125 level. No one will be forced to pay more. You may, however need to relocate a section or two over to keep your price the same.
Plan is to release on Tuesday after the ACC schedule is announced.

Yep. In retrospect probably would have been an easier sell and as I understand it a proportionate increase on a per game basis was conspired but shelved due to that exact promise.

Personally I kinda discount the FCS game and could have rationalized a 20% bump just on the fact that we went from 5 to 6 FBS games particularly considering we hadn’t moved pricing in the preferred sections in eight years and our ticket prices are among the very lowest among P5 schools.
It doesn’t seem that long ago that paying one price for preferred seats covered both basketball and football. A few years ago they separated preferred seats for football and basketball. They kept The same cost for basketball but added an additional preferred seat cost for football. Where it once cost about $420 for two football season tickets it now became $800 (Level B). That’s nearly doubling the cost of a season ticket. Season ticket prices didn’t change but the university doubled the cost for a season ticket holder with preferred seats. They did this to allow football ticket holders to buy preferred seats without having to purchase basketball season tickets too. I understand the thinking, but to say football costs haven’t gone up is not true. This despite a pretty bad product on the field. Preferred seats use to be a tax deduction which is also no longer the case. Pre-game tailgates for football and basketball used to have a donation level of $3000 a year. That was also raised to $5000 a year. So as a season ticket holder I’m not getting what I used to despite paying more a year. I still think football tickets is a great value, but I’m a diehard fan. I’m not sure there’s that many of them out there willing to pay more without some improvement with the product on the field.

It doesn’t seem that long ago that paying one price for preferred seats covered both basketball and football. A few years ago they separated preferred seats for football and basketball. They kept The same cost for basketball but added an additional preferred seat cost for football. Where it once cost about $420 for two football season tickets it now became $800 (Level B). That’s nearly doubling the cost of a season ticket. Season ticket prices didn’t change but the university doubled the cost for a season ticket holder with preferred seats. They did this to allow football ticket holders to buy preferred seats without having to purchase basketball season tickets too. I understand the thinking, but to say football costs haven’t gone up is not true. This despite a pretty bad product on the field. Preferred seats use to be a tax deduction which is also no longer the case. Pre-game tailgates for football and basketball used to have a donation level of $3000 a year. That was also raised to $5000 a year. So as a season ticket holder I’m not getting what I used to despite paying more a year. I still think football tickets is a great value, but I’m a diehard fan. I’m not sure there’s that many of them out there willing to pay more without some improvement with the product on the field.
Did the $420 include the preferred seating donation? Or at least half since it covered both? I'm A level and I remember that there was a net increse for me, it was farily significant but I doidn't think it doubled my costs.

And I agree completely. The perks that preferred STHers used to receive have virtually disappeared. Even pre-covid. When they decoupled I remember being invited to a private spring scrimmage, a summer barbecue, some pretty nice merchandise gifts as well as the signing day event and a couple of other things that were offered. Virtually all of that is gone now.

View attachment 213305
It is the portion of 307/308 that is in the corner. I was in that little wedge of 308 right next to the tunnel. I was told I had to move and was given a seat on the other side of the tunnel in 308 on the aisle.
Thanks for the map view, yea I'm in the full 308 box just to the left of the entrance to the section

From what I have been told there will be tickets available to match all current price points, even the $125 level. No one will be forced to pay more. You may, however need to relocate a section or two over to keep your price the same.
Plan is to release on Tuesday after the ACC schedule is announced.
To capitalize on the excitement of release night on the 31st.

The $420 only included my two season tickets. The preferred price was on top of that. I originally was level B for both football and basketball, but years ago they changed almost all the bleacher seats to level A. I think that was a good move because all the bleacher seats are worthy of level A. I didn’t move my football seats because my seats were right next to level A. Moving one seat over wasn’t worth it.

The $420 only included my two season tickets. The preferred price was on top of that. I originally was level B for both football and basketball, but years ago they changed almost all the bleacher seats to level A. I think that was a good move because all the bleacher seats are worthy of level A. I didn’t move my football seats because my seats were right next to level A. Moving one seat over wasn’t worth it.
Okay. So didn't really double since the $800 does include donation. Right?

SU saw your post. They are raising your seats to $10,000 a piece. You good?

BTW, they are sending you four of the coveted pocket calendars since you are such a great fan.

Okay. So didn't really double since the $800 does include donation. Right?
It did double because prior to the football preferred seating I paid what I’m currently paying for just basketball preferred seating. $1600 use to cover both preferred seating for both football and basketball. Now it only covers basketball. It was an additional cost for preferred seating.

SU saw your post. They are raising your seats to $10,000 a piece. You good?

BTW, they are sending you four of the coveted pocket calendars since you are such a great fan.
Screw that. I want the little tin that looks nothing like the dome!

Screw that. I want the little tin that looks nothing like the dome!
Ha Ha...we use those at our tailgates to put snack bags of chips in it.

I actually look forward to my little Orange Pocket Calendar. I use it to plan SU road trips.

I used old ones in the past to record the bazillion passwords required of the Internet.

Prices should have gone up 20% for 2021 simply by virtue of adding a seventh home game. And going forward seven home games is overwhelmingly the rule, not an exception. However, due to the high number of rollovers from 2020 the decision was made to honor the promise not to raise prices and essentially give fans a “free” game.
When the Dome is opened for a home game there are costs involved. The only revenue difference between a home and away game is gate receipts and concessions. Adding a seventh game to the home schedule presents costs that must be covered.
Of course we could stick to 6 games and play a seventh at MetLife or something…..
Appreciate your views. To me 20% should not be the thinking just for adding a 7th. Completely agree there are costs. So bump costs like 16% on the richest and prime seats and scale down from there. Then use the sweet ACC payment to address the offset. No need to flow 100% to the fans when the product has only produced 1 winning season in recent years. You still want to entice new fans and keep your base. Rich people might not even blink at 16 to 20% so no issues there for them and the prime seats. Then you hold the increase through week 2 and if the team starts hot they can add a few % to the fair weather crowd looking to jump in.

Ha Ha...we use those at our tailgates to put snack bags of chips in it.

I actually look forward to my little Orange Pocket Calendar. I use it to plan SU road trips.

I used old ones in the past to record the bazillion passwords required of the Internet.
i use it for my syracuse section of my mancave for memories and old ticket stubs

Probably doing it so they don’t have to use 304 as an “overflow” student section. Lot of problems this last season between students and STHs.

Between the aisles themselves. So half of 304 and half of 308 are not affected.
I sit in the half of 304 that is being moved. Very sad to hear. Been the same group of people for the last 8 years. Lots of problems between students and season ticket holders this year. Biggest one being students sitting in STH seats and not wanting to move. Vaping weed throughout the game is a little much too.
Anyway we are moving to the other side of the aisle in 304. Moving down to row B so hopefully view improves.
Going to miss our group.

I sit in the half of 304 that is being moved. Very sad to hear. Been the same group of people for the last 8 years. Lots of problems between students and season ticket holders this year. Biggest one being students sitting in STH seats and not wanting to move. Vaping weed throughout the game is a little much too.
Anyway we are moving to the other side of the aisle in 304. Moving down to row B so hopefully view improves.
Going to miss our group.
I would hope such issues get forwarded to student conduct, though I’m not sure if that’s the case. Particularly the not wanting to move from the wrong seat. Definitely not acceptable.

Just got our season tickets, we will be in section 332, corners.
How did they contact you? I placed a deposit last month so waiting to hear.

How did they contact you? I placed a deposit last month so waiting to hear.
They called me this morning, so I’m sure you will be getting called soon as well. We put our deposit down the day it opened up so they’re probably just going down the list. The guy who called is now our ticket rep, nice guy. Very good customer service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom