STH Seat Bump - Expanding Student Section/Overflow | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

STH Seat Bump - Expanding Student Section/Overflow

I’m in Premium B. Ticket price hardly increased. Donation went up a lot.

I didn't even know about this thread, and just emailed my rep this evening to see when I can pay my renewal. I have a new credit card with a bonus 100,000 miles for spending x amount in first 3 months, so trying to plan that out. I'll see what he says tomorrow. Looking at some of my larger expenses to get them out of the way with his. I had planned to come in for Notre Dame, but they made Orange Central the last week of Sept. and while I probably will no longer be on a board, I am on the Arent's Awards Committee for those awards and will want to attend to see who I help get the awards. So now I have to come for Wagner, and am thinking UVA. So hard and expensive to travel from AZ so may have to ditch Notre Dame. Figure I can sell those tickets for a nice penny.
I have a dirty penny, but if you give me time, I can shine it up real nice for you. Deal?

Blue and green are backwards on the map.
But not in the billing, lol. I was going to run and pay my bill as am in green, but they have it as $350. Where do I find what I paid before for my seats? I used to be able to see old invoices, but there are none in my account anymore.

2021, for reference (llandz)

image_handler.aspx

But not in the billing, lol. I was going to run and pay my bill as am in green, but they have it as $350. Where do I find what I paid before for my seats? I used to be able to see old invoices, but there are none in my account anymore.
I'm looking for my old invoice too. Asked my rep...crickets.

Here's a fun one

2021 - Right hand side of the aisle, $225/seat
1643744385995.png

2022 - Same location, either $500, $350, $300, or $125 per seat.
1643744413827.png

I think I would have some choice words if my $225 season ticket in 2021 went up to $500 in 2022. That is BRUTAL

To be fair, your tickets going DOWN $100 per seat is nice if you sit higher up.

Here's a fun one

View attachment 213430

View attachment 213431

I think I would have some choice words if my $225 season ticket in 2021 went up to $500 in 2022. That is BRUTAL

They’re probably expecting existing STH in that area to relocate as that’s more than double for an increase. I’d have to have some serious sentimental attachment to those seats to not relocate.

They’re probably expecting existing STH in that area to relocate as that’s more than double for an increase. I’d have to have some serious sentimental attachment to those seats to not relocate.

Obviously. However the message that sends is horrible. "Hey we know we increased your seat by well over 100%, but why don't you just like... move back 25 rows, or find a new section all together?"

Obviously. However the message that sends is horrible. "Hey we know we increased your seat by well over 100%, but why don't you just like... move back 25 rows, or find a new section all together?"
The point I’m trying to make is that they set it up so that everyone has the option to not pay more if they so choose, or remain where they are and pay more (albeit way more in some cases).

It’s obviously not ideal, and in some instances the increase is staggering. But we’ve all been saying that the seats are incredibly affordable all this time, and they haven’t changed in years. It seems like they did a decades worth or inflation and or market increase all at once.

I’m not saying I agree with all of it, but having the option to not pay more does take the edge off imo. I do sympathize with those who are seeing a big increase. Just my 2 cents.

My total is plus $75 per ticket. I will do for one more year, but that may be the end as I live in AZ. So $150 more. All it will do is eliminate one of my donations to athletics during the year. So in the end, they will get the same $ amount, but less as a donation. I am ok with prices going up, but my seats jumped 2 zones in priority. I would have been ok with one zone. If we were 9-3, then ok do 2 zones.

The point I’m trying to make is that they set it up so that everyone has the option to not pay more if they so choose, or remain where they are and pay more (albeit way more in some cases).

It’s obviously not ideal, and in some instances the increase is staggering. But we’ve all been saying that the seats are incredibly affordable all this time, and they haven’t changed in years. It seems like they did a decades worth or inflation and or market increase all at once.

I’m not saying I agree with all of it, but having the option to not pay more does take the edge off imo. I do sympathize with those who are seeing a big increase. Just my 2 cents.

I understand your argument but where I disagree is when there's discussions on affordability, inflation, etc. Here's why

In the example of $225 in 2021, versus $500 in 2022 (or any areas with significant increases)

Why send that shockwave? Your ticket is now $275 more per seat.

Hello STH! Thank you so much for your support for the last (however many) seasons you've had these seats. That is amazing and we are so happy that you've decided to spend your free time and hard earned money with us over the years. Unfortunately there will be an increase to this section. As a thank you for being a STH over the years, we want to offer a few options

There are plenty of other locations that are priced at what you paid in 2021 or even less!

If you would like to keep these seats, instead of the (laughably gigantic) increase all at once, we are happy to keep you there with a 3 or 5 year planned increase. $225 in 2021 is now $300 in 2022, $350 in 2023, and $400 in 2024... etc (you get the idea)

It's the messaging that is most important to me. Any person can SEE that there are cheaper options, but there's a reason person X bought their seats originally, so you need to reach out and be consultative.

If someone paid $225 for that seat, and no one replaces it at $500, wouldn't you rather get $300 or $350 for that seat from that same fan and increase over time? Messaging matters.

nice.. but prices in the lower bowl should never have been that cheap, at some point they had to fix that.

I guess we see how much money they generate if people want to move around to save it.

I am tempted to move down and spend more just because i have a feeling many will be jumping up to the cheap seats and those people tend to not really be there for the game.

I'll be sitting top row of 326 like I have been for the last probably dozen years or so. I'm into it, probably too much sometimes. :cool:

I understand your argument but where I disagree is when there's discussions on affordability, inflation, etc. Here's why

In the example of $225 in 2021, versus $500 in 2022 (or any areas with significant increases)

Hello STH! Thank you so much for your support for the last (however many) seasons you've had these seats. That is amazing and we are so happy that you've decided to spend your free time and hard earned money with us over the years. Unfortunately there will be an increase to this section. As a thank you for being a STH over the years, we want to offer a few options

There are plenty of other locations that are priced at what you paid in 2021 or even less!

If you would like to keep these seats, instead of the (laughably gigantic) increase all at once, we are happy to keep you there with a 3 or 5 year planned increase. $225 in 2021 is now $300 in 2022, $350 in 2023, and $400 in 2024... etc (you get the idea)

It's the messaging that is most important to me. Any person can SEE that there are cheaper options, but there's a reason person X bought their seats originally, so you need to reach out and be consultative.

If someone paid $225 for that seat, and no one replaces it at $500, wouldn't you rather get $300 or $350 for that seat from that same fan and increase over time? Messaging matters.
I can’t argue with that, strong points.

We are also talking a per seat basis. For a family of four going from $125 to $225 costs $400 more a year. That is asking a lot.

I can’t argue with that, strong points.

We've done it. We've seen both sides and agreed. 2022 is our year baby!!!!

But seriously all jokes aside, if SU raised a ticket $5 or $500 or made it less money - the messaging is very important.

Not to mention every single person who 'saved money' on their seats should be contacted to see if they want to upgrade to a better seat now as well (which I have to imagine they're doing)

We are also talking a per seat basis. For a family of four going from $125 to $225 costs $400 more a year. That is asking a lot.

For sure. This is why I'm stressing the messaging so much. Save the poor ticket reps too who will be inundated with calls as well. It's called being proactive, not reactive, Syracuse.

Here's a fun one

View attachment 213430

View attachment 213431

And I have 4 tickets in that situation. A total of an $1,100 increase. Unbelievable.