Stony Brook Gameday... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Stony Brook Gameday...

Nice win for the Orange today. Very impressed by the defense. Gavin played well and finished with a 59% save percentage against some very good shooters. It wasn’t perfect but the best we’ve seen this year and comes off a game where they held their opponent to 10. Hopefully something is building there. Caccamo was again very good, another four caused turnovers and four groundballs. Looks like he’s gaining confidence.

Good game by Phaup, felt like if this were last year it’s a performance that would have spiraled but he bounced back. The kid has a lot of heart.

Tucker Dordevic is really freaking good. He has grown so much since his freshman year it’s pretty astounding. Everyone knows what’s coming but he still gets shots off. Faces impossible angles and hammers corners. He’s been a definite bright spot this year. I can’t remember the last player who exerted his will quite like Tucker has this year.

Stony Brook has to invest some money in a media area. Looks like the PC took place in the back warehouse of Dunder Mifflin
agree. looks like they should be handing out brochures and applications at a CC job fair.
" and one last thing...don't forget to enter your name in our free raffle..."

So let me qualify right off to say I didn't see the game yesterday and it doesn't make a lot of sense to compare two games against the same opponent a year apart since so many of the variables have changed ... ok, but I noticed that the scores were remarkedly similar. Last year's score: SU 17 SB 9 and this year: SU 14 SB 9. What I found interesting is last year Hiltz had 4 goals, 1 assist, 6 GBs and 1 caused turnover. Makes me wonder how the season would be different with him.

So let me qualify right off to say I didn't see the game yesterday and it doesn't make a lot of sense to compare two games against the same opponent a year apart since so many of the variables have changed ... ok, but I noticed that the scores were remarkedly similar. Last year's score: SU 17 SB 9 and this year: SU 14 SB 9. What I found interesting is last year Hiltz had 4 goals, 1 assist, 6 GBs and 1 caused turnover. Makes me wonder how the season would be different with him.

SU wins the Army and Hopkins games if he's healthy.

Personnel wise one guy I would like to definitely see more of is Mateo Corsi. He is both fast enough to separate from a ssdm and he also just gets it when it comes to being patient and looking to pass while you dodge.

As for attack it is a tough task with all these injuries. Berkman might still be the guy. He can finish and pass pretty well and Ferris unfortunately had a rough game yesterday. Dordevic is so good that I really dont think it is an issue having him on the lefty wing. It does not seem to mess with his game. He will get to his spots.

Moving Dordevic to attack looks like the right move by Gait and Co. He had some very nice feeds yesterday too. Dordevic is an elite talent who will probably be in the running for some AA nods. He went from being criticized for his shooting and only having a right hand, to being one of the best two handed shooters in the game.

What could have been this year with Hiltz will always bother. Def be 5-2 and in 10-15 range.
SB imo is a better team than Hopkins , what I saw this past Saturday was a Cuse team that truly worked to overcome being depleted. Going forward, unreasonable to expect Dordevic to consistently go off agaisnt doubling. Need other threats besides Curry n Seebold to keep defenses honest . Most of the supporting cast on offense is not yet ripened but d1 competent, need at least one of Cook, Cordes, Corsi, Ferris to emerge as that additional threat assuming ample opportunity given. Corsi appears to have a high ceiling.

IMO, Cuse be 6-1 with him and without Maryland being opponent in second game . Loss to a mediocre Hopkins was damaging and each week another impediment hampers team progress. Frustrating nm

IMO, Cuse be 6-1 with him and without Maryland being opponent in second game . Loss to a mediocre Hopkins was damaging and each week another impediment hampers team progress. Frustrating nm
I think there are of a number of us that also feel your pain. With 7 games under our belt I'm hoping to see some of Gait's new system start to emerge against Duke. Fingers crossed.

What could have been this year with Hiltz will always bother. Def be 5-2 and in 10-15 range.
SB imo is a better team than Hopkins , what I saw this past Saturday was a Cuse team that truly worked to overcome being depleted. Going forward, unreasonable to expect Dordevic to consistently go off agaisnt doubling. Need other threats besides Curry n Seebold to keep defenses honest . Most of the supporting cast on offense is not yet ripened but d1 competent, need at least one of Cook, Cordes, Corsi, Ferris to emerge as that additional threat assuming ample opportunity given. Corsi appears to have a high ceiling.
haven't seen many comments on the SB game here. I was impressed with SU play through the middle of the field from end to end. Goalie played well, defense played well particularly around and near the goal, Wings and Phaup did very well in the center of the field, offense shrank SB towards the goal to leave room for shooters. Fundamental play: gbs, rides, accurate shots, hustle, etc. appeared to have improved. Still throwing the ball into the stands or to phantoms out of bounds, but, hell, I can tolerate some imperfections. Good job over all in a decidedly team effort. Duke's a couple levels of magnitude above SB, but the game's winnable.

I think there are of a number of us that also feel your pain. With 7 games under our belt I'm hoping to see some of Gait's new system start to emerge against Duke. Fingers crossed.
Watching transfers Khan, Donville and Murphy score ten goals vs UVA elevates my frustration . Hiltz will be healthy next year and Cuse will return most including Dordevic but Gait needs to play the portal to add a top talent or two to round off just as other powers do.

21_22_SPG_MLAX_POW_WebHeader_3_22.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom