Student Situation for Saturday | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Student Situation for Saturday

They won't be in control of the state of the kids on the ride back, but they will be tried to be made liable if anything bad happens.

Agreed. Sucks that's the world we live in, but it is.

And I sure hope folks don't judge our attendance Saturday based on whether an extra few hundred students can make it or not. A poor turnout will be on metro area alums. As I've been saying, I'm not at all optimistic.

My wife, who is a middle school teacher, has to arrange buses a couple times a year for field trips, and it's a colossal pain in the ass. Bus companies needs tons of lead time, and the liability issues and insurance stuff is monumental.

Honestly, that may be why SU isn't providing buses. A 500 mile roundtrip for hundreds of college kids? Probably far more risk than they care to take on, and it's hard to blame them. One thing goes wrong and they're on the sharp end of a multi-million dollar lawsuit from a parent.

So I assume that the school didn't provide the first bus, rather it was Otto's Army? That would make more sense. If the school took the time to arrange for one, I can't imagine it would be that hard to arrange for two or three. Sure if you double or triple the crowd you increase the likelihood of something bad happening. But 200 people on its own is probably a good sample size.

I know the students, even at full force for those that could pull off the trip, would be a small dent in the overall crowd. But I do hope a good amount of them are able to make the trip. Contrary to the belief of some, they very much liven the atmosphere.

And I sure hope folks don't judge our attendance Saturday based on whether an extra few hundred students can make it or not. A poor turnout will be on metro area alums. As I've been saying, I'm not at all optimistic.

I know there are some diehard metro alums who will be making the trip but based on what I saw last year I dont expect a large turnout from them.

I think the Orsmgemen will be well represented fanwise but PennState will outnumber them by 3-1 in my estimationBeing a huge state school in adjacent PA probably makes that probable.:bat:

I know there are some diehard metro alums who will be making the trip but based on what I saw last year I dont expect a large turnout from them.

We draw 20-25K every time we play a game in NY. We had the same turnout for the Kickoff Classics against Wisconsin in '97 and Georgia Tech in '01, as for the Pinstripe Bowls in '10 and last year, as for USC at MetLife last year. It's remarkably consistent.

We draw 20-25K every time we play a game in NY. We had the same turnout for the Kickoff Classics against Wisconsin in '97 and Georgia Tech in '01, as for the Pinstripe Bowls in '10 and last year, as for USC at MetLife last year. It's remarkably consistent.

Good point, it does seem we draw about the same for any football game in NYC. Maybe we can get a decent walk up crowd but thats probably not likely.

Good point, it does seem we draw about the same for any football game in NYC. Maybe we can get a decent walk up crowd but thats probably not likely.

Yeah, given that it's Labor Day weekend I doubt it too.

The stadium will certainly look more full than last year, which was just embarrassing. But it'll be 2:1 Penn State fans. At least.