SU AD Receives $25M Gift from Former Player | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

SU AD Receives $25M Gift from Former Player

It was 250k for Cam right? Inflation round it up to 300k.

That's a lot of Cams we can afford.

giphy.gif

Schools have been spending $60m and up on complete facility overhauls. Talking football only facilities, not including stadium additions.
Yes but what does that translate to? A fresh coat of paint? Better insulation? Dumbbells made of marble? Toilets made of gold?

Will the new roof have better acoustics than the current roof?
John Wildhack says yes, definitely. They are going with a state of the art sound system. Part of the problem today is the existing roof is soft and awful for acoustics. Lots of echo. Most of the new roof will be hard. If they put the speakers in the same places they are at today, all or almost all will be under the hard shell.

Couple that with new, more modern speakers and we should finally be able to hear in the Dome. Yay.

It would be great if an enterprising newspaper writer would talk with experts about the impact the new roof will have on the sound of the crowd. Will things get louder? I suspect yes but would love to know more.

Yes but what does that translate to? A fresh coat of paint? Better insulation? Dumbbells made of marble? Toilets made of gold?

Upgraded weight room. Upgraded training/therapy room. Better locker room spaces. Better coaches' office. Better team rooms. Probably adding full time nutritionists. Upgrading the cafeteria/dining options.

I'm not sure if they are looking to do this though as i thought they already spent a lot of money on these things. Some posters/parents talked about the need to upgrade the "athletic" dormitories.

Honestly, this is soo stupid/perverse, i feel ridiculous typing it.

Upgraded weight room. Upgraded training/therapy room. Better locker room spaces. Better coaches' office. Better team rooms. Probably adding full time nutritionists. Upgrading the cafeteria/dining options.

I'm not sure if they are looking to do this though as i thought they already spent a lot of money on these things. Some posters/parents talked about the need to upgrade the athletic dormitories.

Honestly, this is soo stupid, i feel ridiculous typing it.
Dino has been VERY vocal about an upgrade to residences.

I'm not sure if they are looking to do this though as i thought they already spent a lot of money on these things. Some posters/parents talked about the need to upgrade the "athletic" dormitories.

Honestly, this is soo stupid/perverse, i feel ridiculous typing it.
That’s sort of where I’m at. Is having better lockers and dorms really gonna change the program trajectory?

If the game day atmosphere is where we’re lacking - why not spend a fraction of that money to have Disney develop some animatronic fans that can be deployed in unsold seats? The technology has been there for awhile. Let STHs have a remote to control the nearest “dummy” to cheer or boo - they can even decide to dress it up in the donation level seating. Yeah this sounds ridiculous at face value but it would set us apart. And the games are about entertainment, so should it matter as long as the players look up and see a “full” dome?

That’s sort of where I’m at. Is having better lockers and dorms really gonna change the program trajectory?

If the game day atmosphere is where we’re lacking - why not spend a fraction of that money to have Disney develop some animatronic fans that can be deployed in unsold seats? The technology has been there for awhile. Let STHs have a remote to control the nearest “dummy” to cheer or boo - they can even decide to dress it up in the donation level seating. Yeah this sounds ridiculous at face value but it would set us apart. And the games are about entertainment, so should it matter as long as the players look up and see a “full” dome?

Or just paint the seats orange.

Game changer. I expect this 25M to be the foundation of a serious upgrade that hopefully includes new athletic living quarters.

I like this idea a lot. Westworld-style real so you can't even tell, all the way down to the giant beer guts. All you've got to worry about is if they become self-aware and start calling into the radio show to complain about the defense.

usually these big time donations are tied to a bunch of others for these big projects. someone says I will give a million when you show me the first 20.. it would be great if this were true.

Can someone come up with some possible examples or analogs from other football schools as to the type of new facilities we might expect? Seems like the actual details are still several weeks away.

This was what Iowa built in 2014. I know you're focused on improving the Dome, and that's important. But these are the kind of the facilities that the players and coaches use every day and can show recruits. Based on this thread, it sounds like our current facilities are hurting us with recruiting.

How about an 1/4 inch of memory foam on the bleacher seats with some seat backs installed in the upper ring so dipsheeet drunks aren't looking to stagger through seating areas to get down to the stairs?