SU bowl projections | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

Besides the matchup being a repeat it makes sense. ND takes a bowl from ACC. His projection has SEC in the orange bowl which means we lose the reliaquest bowl. Which means we have to take a team to Birmingham bowl/Gasparilla. So he figures they would send us to Tampa since we can get alumni

You all would be shocked to know this

But despite the cold and our terrible collapse

We outnumbered Wake fans 3-1 this weekend.

There was a TON of orange fans

That’s a huge thing for the bowl reps to see

It's a reason why I'd like to see us get the Mayo bowl in Charlotte just once. A lot of CNY transplants in NC. Put against a fairly attractive opponent and see how much orange shows up.

It's a reason why I'd like to see us get the Mayo bowl in Charlotte just once. A lot of CNY transplants in NC. Put against a fairly attractive opponent and see how much orange shows up.
Anything near a population center in the southeast would be better than NYC or Boston. I think we'll struggle to get 5K fans to those bowls.

One of the ESPN guys today has us in the Fenway bowl vs Cincinnati. The other guy has us in the Birmingham bowl vs Houston.

The ACC opponent in the Orange bowl matters. If our opponent is the SEC then we lose the reliaquest bowl. If it’s a B10 school then we keep it.

Virtually all of my family who are originally NY/NJ are all now in the Carolinas. It’s becoming like a mini NY (transplant wise) so it doesn’t surprise me that we’re traveling well there.

Virtually all of my family who are originally NY/NJ are all now in the Carolinas. It’s becoming like a mini NY (transplant wise) so it doesn’t surprise me that we’re traveling well there.

My good friends daughter just moved to North Carolina because her boyfriend moved there last year and there are 3 other Liverpool HS classmates living there too.

With this epic collapse, I am worried SYR fans will not show. The athletic department will eat a ton of unsold bowl tickets in that case.
Even more of a case for SU getting Fenway/Pinstripe in the hopes of local alums will show up.

From what I have seen, the updated projections across different sites include a tally of…
Fenway Bowl 6
Gasparilla Bowl 2
Pinstripe Bowl 2

The Pinstripe projections were from Nate Mink and USA Today who has left SU vs. Minnesota for weeks now so I take that with a grain of salt.

5FA4EECF-B300-45A4-ABA4-32F31AE32216.jpeg
Big Game Boomer

Anything near a population center in the southeast would be better than NYC or Boston. I think we'll struggle to get 5K fans to those bowls.
Maybe , but if we beat BC and the fan base is a little less depressed history tells us different. About 20k or so at the 2 previous Yankee Stadium games.

Maybe , but if we beat BC and the fan base is a little less depressed history tells us different. About 20k or so at the 2 previous Yankee Stadium games.
I hope you're right. I don't see it, though. There was a lot of enthusiasm for our two prior Pinstripe appearances. 2010 was our first bowl game in 6 years, and 2012 was a team that got very hot in November. I think it's going to be a hard sell to get more than 10K SU fans to trudge to the Bronx (or Boston), in the freezing cold, to see a team that finished 1-5.

I’d be shocked if we’re not playing in the Pinstripe bowl unless one of the higher tier bowls pick us.

I’d be shocked if we’re not playing in the Pinstripe bowl unless one of the higher tier bowls pick us.
Almost nobody has us projected to NYC. Very likely to be Pitt. Syracuse will go to Gasparilla or Fenway.

Clemson sneaking into the CFP good or bad for where we end up?
Maybe it makes a ripple effect all the way down to us but I don’t think that really matters anymore, so at least we don’t have to root for Clemson!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom