SU bowl projections | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

I think we’re definitely getting the Pinstripe, and they’re not going to pick Louisville over us after we beat BC. We beat both of those projected teams and are a NYS team.

I think we’re definitely getting the Pinstripe, and they’re not going to pick Louisville over us after we beat BC. We beat both of those projected teams and are a NYS team.
agree, at 7-5 I think we have a pretty good shot at Pinstripe. 6-6 is Fenway or Gasparilla

If we win can we still get the Sun or Holiday? If so, can UCLA be there on the other side of the field?

Pinstripe I think would be bad for us. Our fans are beaten down, we have been there 2x already, it is cold, and we will play someone that our fans don't care to show up for.

You can say basically the same for Fenway. Plus we were just in town.

Gasparilla who are we playing? A MAC team? Please no, especially if it were Buffalo.

I think Military is our best spot. We will have a few fans show up for that one. Give me Tulane. That would be a decent W.

I hope we don't have Alabama/Clemson. We've seen that too much the last few years. I like seeing match ups in the bowls we don't usually see.

If we win can we still get the Sun or Holiday? If so, can UCLA be there on the other side of the field?

Pinstripe I think would be bad for us. Our fans are beaten down, we have been there 2x already, it is cold, and we will play someone that our fans don't care to show up for.

Gasparilla who are we playing? A MAC team? Please no, especially if it were Buffalo.

I think Military is our best spot. We will have a few fans show up for that one. Give me Tulane. That would be a decent W.
Gasparilla is AAC I believe. And Pinstripe is a B10 team. Would help with it being a Midwest team vs us.

Gasparilla is AAC I believe. And Pinstripe is a B10 team. Would help with it being a Midwest team vs us.

I don't think for this team that our fans care enough about playing a mid level midwest team. Midwest football is boring and none of those teams have brand names, well maybe Wisconsin.

Pinstripe isn’t too likely. We just fell behind a bunch of teams who won the other day while we lost. North Carolina blowing a NY 6 appearance drops teams down a notch for bowl. Pitt will likely go to the Bronx and finish with more wins than Syracuse. Pinstripe will get an 8-4 team or the most attractive 7-5 team available. This is why 90 percent of projections have Syracuse in Tampa/Boston.

Pinstripe isn’t too likely. We just fell behind a bunch of teams who won the other day while we lost. North Carolina blowing a NY 6 appearance drops teams down a notch for bowl. Pitt will likely go to the Bronx and finish with more wins than Syracuse. Pinstripe will get an 8-4 team or the most attractive 7-5 team available. This is why 90 percent of projections have Syracuse in Tampa/Boston.
Pitt losing to Miami and them going 7-5 like us with 6-6 Miami switches things up. If clemson doesn’t make the playoffs still then they take the orange bowl. After that FSU/NCST/ND take Gator/Cheez it/ Sun or the new San Diego bowl. NCST takes whichever of the Sun/SD left over. Louisville takes the Military bowl, Wake takes the Mayo bowl,

By this point the teams left are SU, Pitt, Duke, Miami. 7-5,7-5,7-5 and 6-6. The bowls left are Pinstripe, Fenway, reliaquest and then the second tier like Gasparilla. Miami takes Gasparilla. Reliaquest is Charlotte so Duke makes sense there. Pinstripe would end up taking us due to location and that we had just been in Boston. Leaving Pitt to take the Fenway bowl

Pitt losing to Miami and them going 7-5 like us with 6-6 Miami switches things up. If clemson doesn’t make the playoffs still then they take the orange bowl. After that FSU/NCST/ND take Gator/Cheez it/ Sun or the new San Diego bowl. NCST takes whichever of the Sun/SD left over. Louisville takes the Military bowl, Wake takes the Mayo bowl,

By this point the teams left are SU, Pitt, Duke, Miami. 7-5,7-5,7-5 and 6-6. The bowls left are Pinstripe, Fenway, reliaquest and then the second tier like Gasparilla. Miami takes Gasparilla. Reliaquest is Charlotte so Duke makes sense there. Pinstripe would end up taking us due to location and that we had just been in Boston. Leaving Pitt to take the Fenway bowl

Why would Mayo take Wake over us? We had more fans at their home game. They don't travel.

If we beat BC we are 4-4 in conference just like Louisville and most likely Duke, Miami, Pitt, and Wake. NC State would only be 3-5. So why would we get the short end of the stick?

Why would Mayo take Wake over us? We had more fans at their home game. They don't travel.

If we beat BC we are 4-4 in conference just like Louisville and most likely Duke, Miami, Pitt, and Wake. NC State would only be 3-5. So why would we get the short end of the stick?
Wake would have a better record and is closer so theoretically it would be able to have a better draw game with two good records.

Conference record doesn’t matter the most when it comes to bowl games. 8-5 wake has gone to the Mayo (belk) bowl before so it’s not unexpected. Especially when they beat us

These are just my projections just like everyone else’s. They have flaws and everyone will come up with a different set of tjem based on what they valued. I based things on location mainly as well as overall record

Wake would have a better record and is closer so theoretically it would be able to have a better draw game with two good records.

Conference record doesn’t matter the most when it comes to bowl games. 8-5 wake has gone to the Mayo (belk) bowl before so it’s not unexpected. Especially when they beat us

1. Record doesn't matter.
2. They cannot travel to home games. Any Mayo Bowl rep who was at our game is going to say we want the fans in Orange. They need to make money too.

1. Record doesn't matter.
2. They cannot travel to home games. Any Mayo Bowl rep who was at our game is going to say we want the fans in Orange. They need to make money too.
If record didn’t matter then we’d be favorites for the Cheez-it bowl due to how much we travel

The buzz out here in San Diego is Notre Dame or FSU for the Holiday Bowl. No shot for the Orange unfortunately.

If record didn’t matter then we’d be favorites for the Cheez-it bowl due to how much we travel

Record is a factor but it isn't a requirement. A Bowl does not have to take Wake because they are 8-4 and we are 7-5. They can take us if they wish.

NC State hasn't been to the Mayo since 2015. That would most likely be their #1 pick. The only way they consider Wake is if their opponent is a big traveling program. If they can get Florida, then Wake will be considered. But if they get Mizzou, taking Wake would not be a wise move.

They just may take Pitt at 8-4 but I think WE would be the most attractive 7-5 team, if we are 7-5 of course

The buzz out here in San Diego is Notre Dame or FSU for the Holiday Bowl. No shot for the Orange unfortunately.
I was so sure at one point that we would get the Holiday Bowl just to torture me: I can’t go to San Diego while my daughter is here for the holidays from San Diego. It seemed such a perfect way to stick it to me.

Record is down the list. We've been passed over for bowls (back in the day when we went to them regularly) in favor of more attractive teams when we had a better record.

Here is how I see things coming into the final weekend of the season.

I discount any possibility that Syracuse will be assigned to Fenway given they will have played in Boston, in cold weather, less than a month before. That is guaranteed to hurt attendance, which wasn't going to be good anyway.

I think unfortunately the third scenario shown, where Clemson does not make the college football playoff, is the most likely.

We might have a choice of a couple of bowls, like the Pinstripe and the Gasparilla. If we do, it will be interesting to see what we choose. The Gasparilla has warm weather but an awful date (12/23).

ACC 112322.png

The only reason I don't want Pinstripe is that any Big Ten team IMO is a bad matchup.

I'd rather a bowl game in Tampa than care about who the opponent is.

It is a horrible date though. If the game were played somewhere within 12/26 and 1/2, I would go and be pulling for us to end up there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom