SU bowl projections | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

Record is down the list. We've been passed over for bowls (back in the day when we went to them regularly) in favor of more attractive teams when we had a better record.
I’m still mad about 2001. A bit better record than Va Tech, we beat them in Blacksburg and we played Tennessee, Ga Tech and Auburn OOC while they played cupcakes. They got the bigger bowl, I think it was the Gator?

I’m still mad about 2001. A bit better record than Va Tech, we beat them in Blacksburg and we played Tennessee, Ga Tech and Auburn OOC while they played cupcakes. They got the bigger bowl, I think it was the Gator?

Would be nice to have set tiers starting next year.

Tier 1 ACC CG loser
Clemson or UNC this year

Tier 2 Ranked teams
FSU, Louisville if they beat UK

Tier 3 Teams over .500 in ACC
Pitt if they beat Miami, Duke if they beat Wake

Tier 4 Teams at .500
Louisville if they lose to UK, Pitt if they lose to Miami, Duke if they lose to Wake, Miami if they beat Pitt, GA Tech if they beat UGA, SU if they beat BC, Wake if they beat Duke, NC State if they beat UNC (crazy that 8 of 14 teams can be .500)

Tier 5 Teams under .500
SU if they lose to BC, Wake if they lose to Duke, NC State if they lose to UNC

I think that is more than fair. It still allows Bowls to have choices.

I hope we don't have Alabama/Clemson. We've seen that too much the last few years. I like seeing match ups in the bowls we don't usually see.
I agree. The CFB playoff is boring with the same teams every year. When SYR is done, I am usually done with CFB for the year and focus on SYR BB, college hockey and the NHL.

The only reason I don't want Pinstripe is that any Big Ten team IMO is a bad matchup.
I wonder if there's any chance Lockett could make it back for a bowl. I assume not. Any shot for Military Bowl? Short drive for me and it's all about me.

Pinstripe isn’t too likely. We just fell behind a bunch of teams who won the other day while we lost. North Carolina blowing a NY 6 appearance drops teams down a notch for bowl. Pitt will likely go to the Bronx and finish with more wins than Syracuse. Pinstripe will get an 8-4 team or the most attractive 7-5 team available. This is why 90 percent of projections have Syracuse in Tampa/Boston.
North carolina was unlikely to make NY 6 regardless, unless they are acc autobid to orange, of losing or not. It pains me but if ND can beat USC they will get a NY 6 which will help with bowls pushing everything up 1

Last edited:
I don’t understand why people say lower bowls don’t matter; isn’t the football bowl subdivision about.. bowls? I mean it’s right in the name.
They mean more about the prestige of the bowl. A bowl like the rose bowl has history and winning it is something to remember and talk about. Whereas the majority of the newer bowls aren’t as prestigious due to teams not being as higher ranked, or just not being around as much or constantly changing sponsors. Personally idc what bowl we go to as long as we get the practices, get to sell tickets and promote it to recruiting. Though selfishly I like Florida bowls cause I can drive to them

A6DA58EE-5DC6-4408-9D80-4BB6A56A69C5.jpeg
I like Florida bowls cause I can drive to them
His story checks out.

saw a stat during WF game that Wake has gone to 6 straight bowls. It is a shame that Wake has passed us in football hierarchy
I think with the ACC getting rid of divisions we’re now going to be right there with them. Sure they were able to do it in the Atlantic, but I think we will be a WF level type of team now going forward.

I think with the ACC getting rid of divisions we’re now going to be right there with them. Sure they were able to do it in the Atlantic, but I think we will be a WF level type of team now going forward.

WF has also had better teams than us the last 6 years. We had a 1 win season. There’s a reason we haven’t made bowls. Maybe we make 1-2 more in the last 10 years but we’ve been a bad team for awhile overall.

wakes non conference schedule has been charmin compared to ours
And I don’t know why we don’t schedule this way. Automatic 3 wins, then find out a way to scratch out 3 mor to be bowl eligible. Especially after all the experts on here saying we will never amount to anything substantial because of all the limitations on SU FB …recruiting , being in the NE, blah blah blah.

And I don’t know why we don’t schedule this way. Automatic 3 wins, then find out a way to scratch out 3 mor to be bowl eligible. Especially after all the experts on here saying we will never amount to anything substantial because of all the limitations on SU FB …recruiting , being in the NE, blah blah blah.

It’s also how SUNJ and UConn scheduled when they had their peaks in the mid-late aughts.

There are no bonus points awarded for degree of difficulty in the OOC schedule.

Just think - IF we weren’t forced to play ND this year, it likely woulda been vs a directional soupcan instead
(since we already had Purdue covering the P5 slot).

Just think how much better we’d all be feeling right now, likely at 7-4, and a W vs BC away from 8-4.

Next years OOC schedule looks pretty manageable-
We’ve got a chance at our first 4-0 for that since Coach Mac’s time here.

trying to entice locals to attend?

wakes non conference schedule has been charmin compared to ours

That’s our fault. Doesn’t change the fact they’ve been a better team in the last 6 years.

Also, the SOS stats don’t support your argument. In the last 6 years WF has had a tougher SOS 4/6 years. One of the years ours was tougher was by a decent amount and in ‘16-‘17 it was by 9 spots.

That’s our fault. Doesn’t change the fact they’ve been a better team in the last 6 years.

Also, the SOS stats don’t support your argument. In the last 6 years WF has had a tougher SOS 4/6 years. One of the years ours was tougher was by a decent amount and in ‘16-‘17 it was by 9 spots.
im talking non conference scheduling only not entire sos.

im talking non conference scheduling only not entire sos.

But their overall SOS for an entire season is typically higher than ours, even with the supposed worse non conference schedule. So either way, they’ve been consistently better than us over the 6 years they’ve made a bowl which is what I was originally referencing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom