SU bowl projections | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

It is only our 6th Bowl in the last 21 years. The 2000s have not been good to us.
Of all the bad stats about this program that there are in the last 20 years, that stat is the most disgraceful. No excuses, if Wake Forest can go to 6 in a row while we have gone to 6 in 21 years, that is a catastrophic failure of a program, from the top down

Those said casual locals will go to the big event games and bail on the team as soon as they have a minor losing streak
I mean tbf even after losing 3 straight we still had 40k or so in the dome against FSU

And it was headed for a sellout but didn't happen
Had we beat pitt I feel we have a sellout. Losing to them took all the wind out of the sails

And I don’t know why we don’t schedule this way. Automatic 3 wins, then find out a way to scratch out 3 mor to be bowl eligible. Especially after all the experts on here saying we will never amount to anything substantial because of all the limitations on SU FB …recruiting , being in the NE, blah blah blah.
But we'll never be picked for the playoff without a strong schedule strength :confused:;)

But we'll never be picked for the playoff without a strong schedule strength :confused:;)
good thing under 12 team playoff as conference champion will be enough most times

Of all the bad stats about this program that there are in the last 20 years, that stat is the most disgraceful. No excuses, if Wake Forest can go to 6 in a row while we have gone to 6 in 21 years, that is a catastrophic failure of a program, from the top down

We haven't lost a Bowl game since 2004, how many programs can say that?

But that loss was the beginning of the almost 20 year disaster of SU football.
P fired and Robinson hired, Nancy and Gross pretty much distroyed the football
program.
I remember watching that live interview with Gross during the bowl game and could tell he was going to fire Coach P after. He should have at least given him a year to see how things were going and not base his coaching off of one blowout.

Instead Gross hired a guy who had never even been to Syracuse…

I had a dream we got selected to the Gasparilla Bowl. So there's that. I already booked a nonrefundable motel room.
There is that dream, but I will be on vacation for any bowl this year, but since I will be in SC I might be able to go!!! HA!

Would be nice to have set tiers starting next year.

Tier 1 ACC CG loser
Clemson or UNC this year

Tier 2 Ranked teams
FSU, Louisville if they beat UK

Tier 3 Teams over .500 in ACC
Pitt if they beat Miami, Duke if they beat Wake

Tier 4 Teams at .500
Louisville if they lose to UK, Pitt if they lose to Miami, Duke if they lose to Wake, Miami if they beat Pitt, GA Tech if they beat UGA, SU if they beat BC, Wake if they beat Duke, NC State if they beat UNC (crazy that 8 of 14 teams can be .500)

Tier 5 Teams under .500
SU if they lose to BC, Wake if they lose to Duke, NC State if they lose to UNC

I think that is more than fair. It still allows Bowls to have choices.
Unfortunately bowl choices are not about the records, but about what the best matchup/media coverage is. It is all about money, not about a record, although a record is a factor. When you're the 6 win only teams, they are going to look on how you played with others (like you said above) and then make that decision based on money and stadium attendance with news coverage for it. It has nothing to do with records in the end.

I remember watching that live interview with Gross during the bowl game and could tell he was going to fire Coach P after. He should have at least given him a year to see how things were going and not base his coaching off of one blowout.

Instead Gross hired a guy who had never even been to Syracuse…

Gross didn’t fire P and probably would have given another year. Cantor directed Gross to fire him.

Gross was hired Dec 17, the game was Dec 21. The call came from above his paygrade.

Years later, Gross said that he wished he had been given more time to "survey the landscape" before making a change.

Gaspirilla is $1.125M, Pinstripe is $4M, Military is $2M. Fenway is undisclosed. Give me NYC or Annapolis show me the $$$$

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom