SU bowl projections | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

SU bowl projections

I mean it's always about money anyway because I usually stick ass in that area because of we have obviously a lot more alumni in that area and they don't want to have a completely empty Stadium because that's a little embarrassing for the bowl, for the team's unfortunately even though it shouldn't be and definitely the NCAA! But hey what the heck else is new right LOL

I mean it's always about money anyway because I usually stick ass in that area because of we have obviously a lot more alumni in that area and they don't want to have a completely empty Stadium because that's a little embarrassing for the bowl, for the team's unfortunately even though it shouldn't be and definitely the NCAA! But hey what the heck else is new right LOL
I love on my cell phone, smartphone Galaxy 22 + can not understand what I am clearly saying to the phone for these messages and just totally destroys them so laptop from here on out. I'm not sticking any ass anywhere LOL it's amazing what they come up with. everything on that message was pretty much what I said everything minus I usually stick ass LOL unreal but yeah always about always about bread, money is pretty much brought us the transfer portal more more bowls Wish isn't such a bad thing except when you're playing in Boston or New York City in late December and Syracuse saying something to the ACC I don't know what's that guy I don't know what that is going to do. Hope for the best but I'm sure we'll end up and the Fenway or pinstripe which whatever I'm not happy about that. hopefully a decent opponent well help liven up the game and I really hope we get to see on some of these players play for the last time like Mikel Jones, Tucker. I hope they don't opt out but that's just the way it is now it is especially a bowl like that.

Minnesota fans already complaining about potentially playing “lowly” Syracuse. SMH.
Is that right! Last time I checked, Purdue beat Minnesota and we beat Purdue sell they should I probably just shut it

I love on my cell phone, smartphone Galaxy 22 + can not understand what I am clearly saying to the phone for these messages and just totally destroys them so laptop from here on out. I'm not sticking any ass anywhere LOL it's amazing what they come up with. everything on that message was pretty much what I said everything minus I usually stick ass LOL unreal but yeah always about always about bread, money is pretty much brought us the transfer portal more more bowls Wish isn't such a bad thing except when you're playing in Boston or New York City in late December and Syracuse saying something to the ACC I don't know what's that guy I don't know what that is going to do. Hope for the best but I'm sure we'll end up and the Fenway or pinstripe which whatever I'm not happy about that. hopefully a decent opponent well help liven up the game and I really hope we get to see on some of these players play for the last time like Mikel Jones, Tucker. I hope they don't opt out but that's just the way it is now it is especially a bowl like that.

:confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Good news. First domino looks to have fallen. Not sure that gets us closer to Military versus Pinstripe, but goal was to avoid that bowl at all costs, and mission appears to be accomplished...
Why would you want military over Pinstripe? Military is a low tier bowl vs an AAC team. Pinstripe is much better and you get a B10 twam

Why would you want military over Pinstripe? Military is a low tier bowl vs an AAC team. Pinstripe is much better and you get a B10 twam
Strictly location based- warmer weather, bowl we haven’t played in before, etc. But otherwise everything you said is correct, I hadn’t considered tier and opponent quality in my comment.

The USC loss is not good news for bowl bound ACC schools. It means Ohio State gets into the playoff, which means Tennessee plays in the Orange Bowl, which means the ACC does not get a slot in the Reliaquest. That pushes most ACC programs down one slot from where they were projected.

McMurphy and Crawford have not made full updates to accommodate for this. Crawford hasn’t done one post the USC loss. McMurphy updated his but has left ND in the Reliaquest, which is wrong.

So here is where I think we are now…

Orange Clemson
Cheez It ND
Holiday FSU
Gator NC State
Sun Pitt
Mayo UNC
Military Duke
Pinstripe Syracuse
Fenway UL
Gasparilla Wake

My understanding is that the Cheez It has the first pick after the ACC champ goes to the Orange. I think they will take ND.

I think the Holiday has the next choice. They have been associated with UNC for a long time but I suspect they will take FSU, who is unexpectedly available.

The Gator wanted ND or FSU but will settle for NC State.

The Sun has reportedly been down to Pitt or Duke for a while and I think they take Pitt.

The Mayo has two NC schools available. I suspect they will select UNC over Duke. Bigger fanbase.

Sounds like UL is locked into Fenway. Sounds like Wake might be locked into the Gasparilla.

They leaves Duke and Syracuse for the Military and the Pinstripe. Pretty sure the Pinstripe really wants us and that the Military will be delighted to get an 8-4 Duke team.

Incidentally, retaining the Reliaquest of course also affects many B1G bowl destinations. Many schools move up a rung. I believe that is going to change the B1G opponent for the Pinstripe from Minnesota. It looks like it might be Wisconsin or possibly Maryland. I think that is a break for us.

Let’s see what happens tomorrow.

Last edited:
The USC loss is not good news for bowl bound ACC schools. It means Ohio State gets into the playoff, which means Tennessee plays in the Orange Bowl, which means the ACC does not get a slot in the Reliaquest. That pushes most ACC programs down one slot from where they were projected.

McMurphy and Crawford have not made full updates to accommodate for this. Crawford hasn’t done one in post the USC loss. McMurphy updated his but has left ND in the Reliaquest, which is wrong.

Orange Clemson
Cheez It ND
Holiday FSU
Gator NC State
Sun Pitt
Mayo UNC
Military Duke
Pinstripe Syracuse
Fenway UL
Gasparilla Wake

My understanding is that the Cheez It has the first pick after the ACC champ goes to the Orange. I think they will take ND.

I think the Holiday has the next choice. They have been associated with UNC for a long time but I suspect they will take FSU, who is unexpectedly available.

The Sun has reportedly been down to Pitt or Duke for a while and I think they take Pitt.

The Mayo has two NC schools available. I suspect they will select UNC over Duke. Bigger fanbase.

Sounds like UL is locked into Fenway. Sounds like Wake might be locked into the Gasparilla.

They leaves Duke and Syracuse for the Military and the Pinstripe. Pretty sure the Pinstripe really wants us and that the Military will be delighted to get an 8-4 Duke team.

this sounds reasonable

Better chance for a win, can drive to it, cheaper lodging, lower chance of crime, better food options within walking distance

If you live in the Tri-state obviously YS is your choice but for anyone driving there is no comparison

If you are flying in a case can be made for YS and staying in Manhattan as a splurge. However Annapolis isn't that far from BWI.

McMurphy and Crawford have not made full updates to accommodate for this. Crawford hasn’t done one post the USC loss. McMurphy updated his but has left ND in the Reliaquest, which is wrong.

Orange Clemson
Cheez It ND
Holiday FSU
Gator NC State
Sun Pitt
Mayo UNC
Military Duke
Pinstripe Syracuse
Fenway UL
Gasparilla Wake

Incidentally, retaining the Reliaquest of course also affects many B1G bowl destinations. Many schools move up a rung. I believe that is going to change the B1G opponent for the Pinstripe from Minnesota. It looks like it might be Wisconsin or possibly Maryland. I think that is a break for us.

This take seems really accurate. I could see Duke in the Sun and I still think Pitt could be in Pinstripe sending us elsewhere. I know record isn’t everything and geography matters but it would be noteworthy if we get Pinstripe against a Big Ten opponent while Duke (with a better record) gets a G5 opponent in the Military Bowl. Says a lot about lack of interest in Duke.

As I understand it, there are two tiers of bowls the ACC has contracted with. Tier 2 includes Gasparilla, Birmingham and First Responder and ACC sends teams there only if there are bowl eligible teams from the conference after all the Tier 1 slots are filled. If ACC gets a ReliaQuest bid there will be no teams available. If not, then one ACC team, guessing Wake Forest, is relegated to Tier 2.

Within Tier 1 there are three levels that are filled somewhat sequentially. It’s not strictly a draft, but the Bowls work with the conference - which considers teams preferences - in placements. Top level, after Orange, includes ReliaQuest if available, Cheez It, Gator, and Holiday. Middle level is Sun, Pinstripe and Dukes Mayo. And third level is Fenway and Military.
Pretty solid indications that Louisville is headed to Fenway. That leaves us with a middle level bowl or Military. While we have the worst overall record at 7-5, if you look beyond the records at the 8-4 teams, Pitt and Duke, they played much less challenging schedules than we did. In fact Duke beat ONE bowl bound team, Wake Forest by three on a late touchdown in the last game of the year. Based on perceived ticket demands and relative strengths I think Duke goes to Annapolis and that’s how we land in Pinstripe - the higher prestige bowl based on payout (Double Military) and conference affiliation of the opponent.

Orange Clemson
Cheez It ND
Holiday FSU
Gator NC State
Sun Pitt
Mayo UNC
Military Duke
Pinstripe Syracuse
Fenway UL
Gasparilla Wake

I think this is it. We should not really be affected by the USC loss but it could affect our opponent in the Pinstripe which may be to our benefit.

Orange Clemson
Cheez It ND
Holiday FSU
Gator NC State
Sun Pitt
Mayo UNC
Military Duke
Pinstripe Syracuse
Fenway UL
Gasparilla Wake

Why even check out Twitter or other people’s projections. Just stay on here and read Tom’s posts.

If the B1G Pinstripe representative is Illinois, I don't want any part of the game. It's a lose-lose situation.

If Syracuse wins, everyone here will say that Tommy isn't the QB he was hyped to become. If Illinois wins, everyone here will crap on Dino for letting Tommy get away.

Strictly location based- warmer weather, bowl we haven’t played in before, etc. But otherwise everything you said is correct, I hadn’t considered tier and opponent quality in my comment.
Honestly, the weather difference between Annapolis and NYC will be minimal, at most. Like right now it’s 55 degrees in NYC and 53 in Annapolis.

I think Military is Dec. 28, but what's the Pinstripe date?

Honestly, the weather difference between Annapolis and NYC will be minimal, at most. Like right now it’s 55 degrees in NYC and 53 in Annapolis.
Don’t shatter my dreams of a bowl game in shorts/t-shirt… ;) I need to get out of upstate NY more, apparently. Which isn’t even a good excuse as I was in Charlotte this week. Sigh.

Regardless, strong suspicion we are heading to NYC.

If the B1G Pinstripe representative is Illinois, I don't want any part of the game. It's a lose-lose situation.

If Syracuse wins, everyone here will say that Tommy isn't the QB he was hyped to become. If Illinois wins, everyone here will crap on Dino for letting Tommy get away.

Illinois won’t be in the Pinstripe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom