SU is vulnerable | Syracusefan.com

SU is vulnerable

samspann1

Living Legend
Per Vitale on College Gameday.

Bilas says that SU poses the biggest threat to UK.

Vitale: Syracuse is vulnerable.

Bilas: Syracuse presents the biggest challenge to Kentucky.

not duke. This is the kind of spot of abservation that has made Vitale rich. Who isn't ?

His reasoning was "the zone", that's the only thing he said.

Both are correct. Syracuse showed that they are vulnerable, but I still firmly believe that the only team that can beat us is us. We need to get our energy level up, our heads on straight, and our shots falling, or this will be a short tournament. I am typically a glass is half full guy, but that Cincy game was an eye opener in a purely negative way. We played like we didn't care.

We better damn well care next week. And the week after that. And the week after that. Out there is a team just dying to play our first half, weak-ass zone against Cincy.

We are. We are not the team that was dominating it's opposition over the first 20 games or so. We need to become that team again or we are unlikely to have a good NCAA run. We need to get more aggressive on defense, to make jump shots and Scoop needs to return to "running the show" mode instead of trying to be the show.

its' obvious that it was going to be us... we haven't been blowing anyone out lately, and our best factor, creating the turnover hasn't been as good as it has been in the past

I agree that we haven't been playing well lately. But lately we've played UConn 3 times, GTown, Louisville twice, Cincy, a resurgent USF team. You could argue that 8 of our last 9 games have come vs. tournament teams (@ Rutgers is the outlier), does UK Have a schedule like that? No.

If we were playing LSU, Georgia, Ole Miss, etc we'd look a lot more dominant too.

In the tourney, it's all about match-ups. I don't even mind good 3-point shooting teams as long as they are willing to run with us up and down.

We're vulnerable if we get into a slowdown game because JB doesn't believe we have the skillset to use our depth to press backcourt and then fall back into the zone once they get over half-court. This allows the slowdown teams to control tempo.

Cheers,
Neil

we've had dominant stretches recently. the 24-0 run or whatever it was against usf. we went from down 6 to up 19 against lousiville in about a 20 minute stretch. last 12 minutes against uconn in bet. 1st half against uconn on the road. we just havent been able to put it together for a full 40.

the 1st half in gampel tells me this team can still win it all, when they put it all together like that theyre unbeatable. mcw and dirty were a big part of that, we're at our best when those guys get some run and contribute. i hope jb gives those guys a chance in the dance.

We are. We are not the team that was dominating it's opposition over the first 20 games or so. We need to become that team again or we are unlikely to have a good NCAA run. We need to get more aggressive on defense, to make jump shots and Scoop needs to return to "running the show" mode instead of trying to be the show.

Dominating against the weakest part of our schedule against teams a top 2 team should dominate. Winning margins and comparing scores is a waste of time.

The NCAA is about matchups and sometimes luck. Good matchups and we will go far. We get a bad matchup or catch a team that is hot and we could lose. This is the same thing facing every team in the tournament, including the vaunted Kentucky Wildcats.

Also said "shots not falling " but Bilas pointed to depth & 7 starters ad a positive

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Of course we're vulnerable. Every team is vulnerable in a single-elmination tourney. BTW, in bridge, you're only "vulnerable" if you are winning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom