SU should not be in the ACC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU should not be in the ACC

This thread...,
yeah it's a terrific conference but SU will never be competitive in either F B or B.B. Not too many will agree but unfortunately it's reality. SU will never be able to recruit a many top players in FB as the top Acc teams. They will continue to be FB doormats and only occasionally be able to compete in BB Enough of the kool aid going back to big east would be better for both programs

I didn't think he could exceed the "quality" of his posts on the OT board, but this one is in a class by itself!!
What-face.jpg

Half an ass will get you half a moon. We will shine in the ACC! I "fully" expect it before I die.

As good as ACC basketball is...is it really any more difficult than the Big East was from like 2006-2013? Maybe you forgot how good some of those programs were when they were in the best league, since some have fallen off the map since?

UConn was still an elite program back then. Georgetown was still strong in those years. Obviously Syracuse and Louisville. Pitt was always good. Villanova was usually very good. Marquette and West Virginia were usually top 25 teams. Notre Dame was always a tourney team. Throw in usually competitive teams like Cincinatti and Providence. Basically everybody but Rutgers and Depaul were tough.

The Big East was the strongest, deepest conference in the country over that span. The ACC right now is similar, but I don't think it's any tougher. It's basically the same thing where you get 9-10 tourney teams and have multiple national title contenders in any given year...and not just the same two teams, but any of like 5-6 different programs.

As good as ACC basketball is...is it really any more difficult than the Big East was from like 2006-2013? Maybe you forgot how good some of those programs were when they were in the best league, since some have fallen off the map since?

UConn was still an elite program back then. Georgetown was still strong in those years. Obviously Syracuse and Louisville. Pitt was always good. Villanova was usually very good. Marquette and West Virginia were usually top 25 teams. Notre Dame was always a tourney team. Throw in usually competitive teams like Cincinatti and Providence. Basically everybody but Rutgers and Depaul were tough.

The Big East was the strongest, deepest conference in the country over that span. The ACC right now is similar, but I don't think it's any tougher. It's basically the same thing where you get 9-10 tourney teams and have multiple national title contenders in any given year...and not just the same two teams, but any of like 5-6 different programs.
Yeah this guy really lost everybody when he brought hoops into it. SU is one of the 10 best programs in the 64 team tournament era and has always played in a top conference, but 3 substandard regular seasons under NCAA sanctions means we'll never be able to compete again.

I'm a a little jealous of Finwad32 . You come across a truly ridiculous topic, and your the first one to reply, with a even a decent one liner you can easily rack up 20-30 likes ...As he now found out.

Anyway I think this should be pinned.

I'm a a little jealous of Finwad32 . You come across a truly ridiculous topic, and your the first one to reply, with a even a decent one liner you can easily rack up 20-30 likes ...As he now found out.

Anyway I think this should be pinned.
It's a gift...

I kid, I kid. Definitely thought it was a thread headed to the abyss after a reply or two. To my surprise, wildfire caught and I was fortunate enough to be the one to surf the like wave in.

I'd like to thank my momma and my L. & S. for providing me with this opportunity, without them I would not have the chance to be a part of a thread like this. The posters, I never would've gotten here without the phenomenal effort of all our posters. The mods, without the mods none of us would have this playground to pander to.

Remember all those clowns who said we shouldn't have been in the tourney last year?

The OP is ridiculous. Obviously. But we are 23-27 in our last 50 regular season acc games. It's not all sanctions. It's a valid discussion as to the ability we have to be an elite ACC hoops team. We have not been that yet. At all. And a coaching change looms..

yeah it's a terrific conference but SU will never be competitive in either F B or B.B. Not too many will agree but unfortunately it's reality. SU will never be able to recruit a many top players in FB as the top Acc teams. They will continue to be FB doormats and only occasionally be able to compete in BB Enough of the kool aid going back to big east would be better for both programs

I agree that this might be one of the most misguided posts I have read on this board.

The OP is ridiculous. Obviously. But we are 23-27 in our last 50 regular season acc games. It's not all sanctions. It's a valid discussion as to the ability we have to be an elite ACC hoops team. We have not been that yet. At all. And a coaching change looms..

You'd rather be Kansas or Kentucky? Kings of mediocre conferences? Or how about UCONN? Lots of FF but no money and no football?

It's a gift...

I kid, I kid. Definitely thought it was a thread headed to the abyss after a reply or two. To my surprise, wildfire caught and I was fortunate enough to be the one to surf the like wave in.

I'd like to thank my momma and my L. & S. for providing me with this opportunity, without them I would not have the chance to be a part of a thread like this. The posters, I never would've gotten here without the phenomenal effort of all our posters. The mods, without the mods none of us would have this playground to pander to.

Finwad32, congratulations on a truly great thread. Let me ask you, what was going through your head as you typed your reply to the OP? What emotions are you feeling right now??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom