SU should not be in the ACC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU should not be in the ACC

IMG_2789.JPG

yeah it's a terrific conference but SU will never be competitive in either F B or B.B. Not too many will agree but unfortunately it's reality. SU will never be able to recruit a many top players in FB as the top Acc teams. They will continue to be FB doormats and only occasionally be able to compete in BB Enough of the kool aid going back to big east would be better for both programs
66050350.jpg

yeah it's a terrific conference but SU will never be competitive in either F B or B.B. Not too many will agree but unfortunately it's reality. SU will never be able to recruit a many top players in FB as the top Acc teams. They will continue to be FB doormats and only occasionally be able to compete in BB Enough of the kool aid going back to big east would be better for both programs
Do you even know that there is no Big East football conference?
Do you even know how to tie your shoes?

Did you not watch men's or women's basketball last March?

...or cfb at any point back in the 90's when SU took on the best 20 year dynasty run ever ... every year?

Seriously though, I assume you live in DC/WV/PA, and you left your account logged into SUFan on a computer in the Mac store.

Big East? Why stop there. We should go back to playing Holy Cross, Colgate, Lafayette & Cornell every year.

I love the ACC. Without a doubt the best football conference this year, best in basketball year after year and even the best in lacrosse. It has increased my interest in the football program and cannot wait til we are winning meaningful games in the real east coast conference.

Maybe you could reach out to the DNC and they could have kept SU out of the ACC just like they kept Bernie out of the presidential race. Yes, what I just said is ridiculous, but not even close as the ridiculous post you stated. Change your name to half-baked instead of half moon.

I moved to Syracuse in 1981, Coach Mac's first year. The football team lost their first two games: to Rutgers at home, and then to Temple. There was no reason to think that SU would make the run it did for nearly the next 20 years.

The ACC isn't what will keep SU football from getting better, it's the reason SU has the chance to get better. Or would you rather be Connecticut?

Players of all sports want to play in the best conference because that's what gives them the best exposure to get to the next level. Look at other sports like women's basketball - final 4 and second best in country recruiting class for 2017. I'm sure Coach Q agrees with you to go to a lessor conference...even looks like DFB will recruit our best class for 2017 in a decade or more. Lax, soccer and others are only getting better and our overall cup rating has been in the top 20 for a couple of years now.

Regardless, as a player you want to play the best to be the best. Given how strong our conference has become in all sports, I think the only legitimate complaint that the OP can make would be that we don't have to schedule as many high profile games out of conference anymore.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom